Search
Old Jun 25, 2017, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Amanoi (Vietnam)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2024, 2:35 pm

Any stay reports for the new Family Residences? The 4-bdrm ocean pool family residence looks good.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:25 pm

Third Person

Would the regular pavilions/pool villas be large enough for an additional adult? Or would it be better to get the Amanoi villa?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:31 pm
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SaltySteak
Would the regular pavilions/pool villas be large enough for an additional adult? Or would it be better to get the Amanoi villa?
The regular pavilions would be a bit tight for 3 adults in my opinion.

if you dont want to go for a villa and dont mind sharing a bathroom, there are a few pavilions with an enclosed entry patio, where an additional bed can be placed for more privacy.

Old Feb 29, 2024, 8:18 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
+1 to LiveFromTuscany

Also, the Amanoi Villas are just another league from the normal pool pavilions, you should go for that regardless of the 3rd person
Old Mar 5, 2024, 8:28 pm

December Stay

Considering booking a stay in early December and concerned about the weather and if it is too risky and should wait for another time of year. Ive read mixed reports of people who had a good time there and also some who say its too windy and rainy. I know its not ideal for weather but would it still be okay or should I not go? Thank you!
Old Mar 5, 2024, 9:25 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by bluetraveler7
Considering booking a stay in early December and concerned about the weather and if it is too risky and should wait for another time of year. I’ve read mixed reports of people who had a good time there and also some who say it’s too windy and rainy. I know it’s not ideal for weather but would it still be okay or should I not go? Thank you!
Weather is becoming more irregular as we all know. And I know people who have gotten very lucky on even a mid/late Dec visit to Noi (2023), but I wouldn't risk it.
I feel the odds of strong wind and rain are still high.

Noi has one of the best Aman hard products and deserves to be enjoyed properly. You'll be happy you saved it for the right conditions.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:08 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Having just been there, the winds can dictate your activities for the day.

Hikes will actually be nicer with the wind in the hot weather.

However, the sunset spot won't be reachable by boat with rough oceans, and the romantic outside dinners will be a disaster during high winds.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:24 pm

Planning a 3-night stay in early July, and was debating between the two rooms (and currently have booked the wellness pool villa)

Ocean Pool Villa
  • Daily breakfast
  • One Vietnamese dinner for two (once per stay)
  • Return airport transfer
One-Bedroom Wellness Pool Villa
  • Full board including daily breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner with non-alcoholic drinks
  • Private round-trip airport transfers
  • Daily morning refreshments (healthy bites)
  • One Banya or Hammam treatment every alternate day
  • One sacred Cham Blessing ceremony
  • Three-hour treatments per person per day from the menu
  • “We are what we eat” – one healthy Vietnamese culinary class at the Rock Studio
One complimentary activity from the list below:
  • Guided Goga peak trek
  • Guided Wild Cat trek
  • One-hour guided snorkelling
  • Cycling in the village
Prices including the packages are very similar (ocean villa being $100/night more). The inclusions from the wellness pool villa sounds very fun and relaxing, but I am slightly concerned about the privacy of these villas, and the possibility of many more mosquitos? Does anyone have experience staying at one of the spa houses, and are the inclusions worth it over the ocean villa? There seems to be very little information/reviews regarding actually overnighting in the wellness villas.
Hennebou likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 2:57 pm

I love the Wellness Pool Villas but would likely not like to stay overnight in them. Privacy is absolutely fine, depending on the unit you end up in. There are some which are wonderfully private due to the setting and vegetation. They can also be booked for daytime use, which is honestly the best of both worlds. I think I'd miss the ocean views.

One of Wellness Pool Villas has a Russian Banya while others have a Moroccan Hamam. Both types have extensive thermal treatment areas and relaxation areas, in addition to private pools. I prefer the unit with the hamam, but that's a personal preference. I think the unit with the Banya even has a hot and cold plunge. Pretty sure the Spa team can turn the cold plunge into an ice bath too, if you are keen to try the Win Hof method

Mosquitos were fine, depends on the season. Best check with N'oi team and Joy for details.

I am most excited for the new 3 bedroom residence under development in the new section of N'oi, which looks absolutely stunning.

Last edited by scented; Apr 4, 2024 at 3:06 pm
Old Apr 4, 2024, 4:57 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gbongc
Planning a 3-night stay in early July, and was debating between the two rooms (and currently have booked the wellness pool villa)

Ocean Pool Villa
I would recommend the ocean pool villa. We did spa services, and can clearly see inside one of the wellness villa close to the spa; and pretty sure they could see directly into the spa-sauna rooms. I think you'll get abit more privacy with the ocean pool villa.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:04 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, AMAN, FS PP, RW Elite, MO Fanclub, RC STARS, Belmond Bellini, Peninsula PC, Hyatt Priv
For Amanoi, I dont recommend Dec - the weather is terrible, rain & strong winds have started. The strong winds calm in late March/April. I'd travel after then.

The weather is fine up until October.

Hot summer but you're not always under the sun on this property. Perfect for Morning/Afternoon half-day or full day spa treatments.

I personally love the shoulder season here (summer) - sporadic showers, often in the night or quickly in the afternoon.

Amanoi Ocean Pool Villa is my favorite category. I favor some room #s over others within the category as well

Originally Posted by scented
I love the Wellness Pool Villas but would likely not like to stay overnight in them. Privacy is absolutely fine, depending on the unit you end up in. There are some which are wonderfully private due to the setting and vegetation. They can also be booked for daytime use, which is honestly the best of both worlds. I think I'd miss the ocean views.

One of Wellness Pool Villas has a Russian Banya while others have a Moroccan Hamam. Both types have extensive thermal treatment areas and relaxation areas, in addition to private pools. I prefer the unit with the hamam, but that's a personal preference. I think the unit with the Banya even has a hot and cold plunge. Pretty sure the Spa team can turn the cold plunge into an ice bath too, if you are keen to try the Win Hof method

Mosquitos were fine, depends on the season. Best check with N'oi team and Joy for details.

I am most excited for the new 3 bedroom residence under development in the new section of N'oi, which looks absolutely stunning.
I've done both. Yes the Banya does has a cold plunge, outdoors. As well as a room with face towels in ice to cool off.

I tried Banya and found it way too hot for me... I constantly got up mid-treatment, running to the ice/towel room to cool off. But this speaks more to my heat intolerance than the actual treatment. I'm sure being slapped by eucalyptus in extreme heat, followed by a clay exfoliation has it's perks objectively speaking... great treatment to be followed by a massage in the AC temperature controled treatment room, adjacent.... but still overwhelming for me. I too prefer the Hammam pool villa.

I absolutely love the hydrotherapy suites here cold plunge, sauna, steam, showers and a balcony with loungers overlooking the lake.

Last edited by RichardInSF; May 16, 2024 at 3:14 pm Reason: Consecutive posts by same member
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, United Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by scented

thanks for the super informative reply. Im facing the same choice between wellness villa and ocean villa. My partner really wants the wellness villa so were thinking of splitting our booking half/haf between the wellness villas and the ocean view pool villa.

When you say it can be booked for the day, how does that work? How much does that cost? I am wondering if this could be a good compromise with my partner, I really want that ocean view!
Old Apr 12, 2024, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Hennebou
thanks for the super informative reply. I’m facing the same choice between wellness villa and ocean villa. My partner really wants the wellness villa so we’re thinking of splitting our booking half/haf between the wellness villas and the ocean view pool villa.

When you say it can be booked for the day, how does that work? How much does that cost? I am wondering if this could be a good compromise with my partner, I really want that ocean view!
you can have the wellness villa for exclusive day use, but the price depends on whether you book it in combination with spa treatment packages. it's probably better value to book it with a package, i think its a 90 minute treatment with 6 hr time slot for the villa (the treatment happens in the wellness villa). it's probably the best choice for you, since I wouldn't want to miss out on the ocean views at any point while staying at noi.
obscure2k and Hennebou like this.
Old May 15, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, United Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Could you please PM me which room number from the Amanoi Ocean Pool Villa you prefer?

I'm curious why your prefer them -- are there material differences between them?
Old May 15, 2024, 2:49 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hennebou
Could you please PM me which room number from the Amanoi Ocean Pool Villa you prefer?

I'm curious why your prefer them -- are there material differences between them?
Or respond here so that other members can benefit as well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.