FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Print Wikipost

Amanoi (Vietnam)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by specboi
The two bedroom Villa is gorgeous.
breathtaking views and huge private pool.

View of the pool in the 2 bedroom residence. The private dining can be set up in that area in the top left corner of the photo, which would give you a panoramic view over the "Cliff".

another option would be private dinner at the Rock Studio, we did our cooking class there and it was a lot of fun.

Outdoor area to lounge and get some sun

The inside of the room is air conditioned

​​​​
Is this the "Residence/In-Villa" dining? Would you recommend this over the the Lakeside dinner?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, National EE, Hertz 5*, SPG Gold, Fairmont Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m
Is this the "Residence/In-Villa" dining? Would you recommend this over the the Lakeside dinner?
The last picture was the Vietnamese cooking class at the Rock Studio, which is great if you want an air conditioned space to enjoy your meal. But also having access to the outdoor patio space. This space is definitely available for private dinners.

The food option is also greater at the Rock Studio or in Villa dining than the lake side dinner.

But the lake side dinner is so serene it's hard to beat.

This was the set up for my engagement/proposal dinner. The food was a seafood bbq

Here is a shot at night time
Old Jul 8, 2019, 1:43 pm

The last picture was the Vietnamese cooking class at the Rock Studio, which is great if you want an air conditioned space to enjoy your meal. But also having access to the outdoor patio space. This space is definitely available for private dinners.

The food option is also greater at the Rock Studio or in Villa dining than the lake side dinner.

This was the set up for my engagement/proposal dinner. The food was a seafood bbq

Oh nice. That scene really is gorgeous. I'm wondering if I should add the villa dinner to our first night which I originally didn't schedule anything since we'd be arriving around 3-4pm. Did you eat at the regular on-site restaurant at all as well?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Beware - inside of the Rock Studio is NOT airconditioned - at least when I was there. When it is hot and the doors open, it is sweltering even with the ceiling fan.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by grumbler
Beware - inside of the Rock Studio is NOT airconditioned - at least when I was there. When it is hot and the doors open, it is sweltering even with the ceiling fan.
Rock studio is definitely air conditioned by now!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 4:59 pm

Rock Studio is 100% air-conditioned ... however, when we did a special Indian dinner there with the visiting chefs from Amanbagh, the windows and doors were open (with both fans and some A/C on), and it was still fairly warm.

That being said, it’s a beautiful spot. Nicolas really is a very forward-thinking GM who still has a lot more ideas he would like to implement.
specboi likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:02 am

I'm beachside at the Amanoi right now and will say that everything is amazing. Thanks for pushing me here guys.
damon88 and specboi like this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:29 am
Community Director Emerita

We're back at Amanoi after a three year absence. It's just as wonderful now. We had a six course Japanese tasting menu in the Rock Studio. They are offering it on Thursday and Saturday for up to 10 people at a time. It was superb. I found some of the food served in our pavilion indifferent. I would have liked more Vietnamese specialties, but this did not disappoint.
obscure2k, offerendum and FlyerEC like this.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
We're back at Amanoi after a three year absence. It's just as wonderful now. We had a six course Japanese tasting menu in the Rock Studio. They are offering it on Thursday and Saturday for up to 10 people at a time. It was superb. I found some of the food served in our pavilion indifferent. I would have liked more Vietnamese specialties, but this did not disappoint.
Joy also makes a mean shrimp chili oil Spaghetti!
Old Dec 13, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Joy also makes a mean shrimp chili oil Spaghetti!
That sounds tasty. She is away on holiday.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 12:10 pm

Did you have issues with bugs during your dinner? We had to fight off a swarm of them.
Old Dec 13, 2019, 3:38 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
That sounds tasty. She is away on holiday.
What a pity , SanDiego1K .
Thanks for the photos & review .

How is the weather ? Is it blustery / windy ?
No wonder Joy also said to hold off our visit for a bit .. .. So we switched to Sara which is now also postponed .

Have you done the star gazing yet ? Or weather not cooperating .. Richard D , all N’oi team actually , has been excited about the fantastic telescope - better than Pulo ‘ s
Old Dec 13, 2019, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by phant0m
Did you have issues with bugs during your dinner? We had to fight off a swarm of them.
No bugs at all.

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
How is the weather ? Is it blustery / windy ?
Yes but still pleasant. The temperature is ideal.

Have you done the star gazing yet ? Or weather not cooperating .. Richard D , all N’oi team actually , has been excited about the fantastic telescope - better than Pulo ‘ s
No, though it is in the list of activities. I know you really encouraged staff here to get the telescope and I thought of you when I saw it as an activity.

Here's a view from our room. It's easy to see why Amanoi is my husband's happy place.

obscure2k, FlyerEC and MicSanToro like this.

Last edited by SanDiego1K; Dec 13, 2019 at 4:45 pm
Old Jun 11, 2021, 1:25 am

I’ll be celebrating 5 years wedding anniversary next April. If VN opens up then would like to return for the special occasion. I’m debating between Amanoi (which we’ve never been) vs Intercontinental Danang (which we’ve been 3-4x). If someone has been to both, which one did you prefer?
Old Jun 14, 2021, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Landystravels
I’ll be celebrating 5 years wedding anniversary next April. If VN opens up then would like to return for the special occasion. I’m debating between Amanoi (which we’ve never been) vs Intercontinental Danang (which we’ve been 3-4x). If someone has been to both, which one did you prefer?
Amanoi. The IC is a bit of a zoo and not a fan of the location, rooms and design.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.