Reload this Page >

What's your pick in Kuala Lumpur?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's your pick in Kuala Lumpur?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2012, 7:41 pm

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by carls888
This thread has been really interesting, we are leaning towards MO for our first trip I think. Or the RC...but the pool there looks a bit dark and dismal.
C
The RC lobby is very small and often disappoints some. I am very fond of the RC but I usually stay at the RC Residences next door. I like the RC lounge too. There are 2 pools, think if you stay at the hotel site you still have access to the Residences pool. Not dark and dismal. Have stayed twice at the MO, haven't tried the pool. RC staff I think are warmer but then I'm a regular.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 5:53 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
*bump*

going to be 4 adults (2 couples) arriving KUL at 7am friday 18th and departing 11.59pm on saturday 19th january on our way back from Australia to Ireland.

looking for a good location for experiencing sights of KUL and shops
Also want a nice outdoor pool

MO, SL , RC , GH , Sheraton (only 3000 Starwood points), Westin etc ??
Grand Hyatt opens today in KUL ( I think ) but prices are currently very high for KUL

all are fairly similarly priced so price is not that important - just the best all round choice....
Old Aug 28, 2012, 6:26 am

Programs: UA/EK(Gold) CX(Diamond) Marriott Gold Accor Platinum Hilton Diamond Shangri-la Jade
I'm going to try Villa Samadhi when I am next in KUL.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ozchinois
look forward to your - thoughts, however brief
no previous mention, i must have seen it elsewhere

samadhi retreats, all R&C
- villa samadhi KUL - 21 rooms
- japamala resort - 13 rooms
- villa samadhi SIN - says july 2012, but cant find anything online..

re singapore, i presume hotel will be same place as their 2 restaurants?
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=30+lab...re+119189&z=17

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Aug 29, 2012 at 9:44 pm
Old Aug 29, 2012, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
look forward to your report
no previous mention, i must have seen it elsewhere

samadhi retreats, all R&C
- villa samadhi KUL - 21 rooms
- japamala resort - 13 rooms
- villa samadhi SIN - says july 2012, but cant find anything online..

re singapore, i presume hotel will be same place as their 2 restaurants?
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=30+lab...re+119189&z=17
I will try to remember Kage! These days I just can't seem to find the time to review like I used to on Tripadvisor.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 9:11 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
*bump*

going to be 4 adults (2 couples) arriving KUL at 7am friday 18th and departing 11.59pm on saturday 19th january on our way back from Australia to Ireland.

looking for a good location for experiencing sights of KUL and shops
Also want a nice outdoor pool

MO, SL , RC , GH , Sheraton (only 3000 Starwood points), Westin etc ??
Grand Hyatt opens today in KUL ( I think ) but prices are currently very high for KUL

all are fairly similarly priced so price is not that important - just the best all round choice....
All round choice : MO>SL>RC. Never been to GH since opening priced are too high. Sheraton at different level.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: CX Diamond
MO and Shang
Old Sep 25, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: AMEX PLAT , HILTON GOLD, STARWOOD PREFERRED GUEST GOLD, IHG PLAT AMBASSADOR, DAVID O FAN CLUB
Originally Posted by Ozchinois
I have provisionally booked Villa Samadhi in Kula Lumpur for 18-19 january as the other hotels have left me underwhelmed so I fancy picking something a bit different. I also notice it is a recent addition to R+C

http://www.villasamadhi.com.my/relais-chateaux.html

Ozchinois do you happen to be visiting before then ?!
Old Sep 26, 2012, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by WEEBOBBY
I have provisionally booked Villa Samadhi in Kula Lumpur for 18-19 january as the other hotels have left me underwhelmed so I fancy picking something a bit different. I also notice it is a recent addition to R+C

http://www.villasamadhi.com.my/relais-chateaux.html

Ozchinois do you happen to be visiting before then ?!
No sorry. Most likely next year.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 3:46 pm

Flying into KUL at 4:30pm and leaving the next morning at 8:10am. Any suggestions where to stay? Only real option at the airport I have found is Pan Pacific but I'm fine with venturing out a bit too.

If I go into downtown Kuala Lumpur is the train the best way to transit in both directions?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer
When I was in KL a few years ago I stayed at the MO and it was a fantastic stay with excellent service, from airport pickup to checking out. Their breakfast was very nice, and I was in the business center using the internet while I had a cold and was coughing. One of the staff came over after hearing me cough repeatadly and offered to get me a doctor straight away. I was touched with the service throughout.

Hopefully it hasn't changed and the place is as I remember it.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 8:28 pm

i think lots of people mention the MO as very dated now.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:25 pm

MO was very dated when I stayed there in 2005. How's the brand spanking new Grand Hyatt?
Old Sep 30, 2012, 9:38 am

Mandarin Oriental is very big, but is definitely the best in KL. Shangri-La and Ritz-Carlton are far from that level in every way. The Ritz-Carlton is very cheap, but consider it one of the weakest in their portfolio.
Old Oct 1, 2012, 3:53 am

I am staying there in January and am monitoring the prices
Mandarin O and Grand Hyatt are around $200 USD a night which is expensive by KUL terms
The Westin can be had for $45 and 2800 SPG points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.