Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travelocity's "top 10 favorite hotels in New York"

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:20 am

Surrey

I do thinkThe Surrey is one of the top ten hotels in NYC

A great UES location, Dux beds in every room, a great big power washing shower (no tubs) in non suite rooms, a great bar and one of the hottest restaurants in Manhattan in the lobby.

Also Iroquois may be one of the top small hotels no one knows in Manhatten, not a a par with St Regis, 4seasons or Peninsula but a great boutique hotel pon one of teh best blcks of midtown manhatten (44th between 6th and 7th) with great bedding / linens and a great affordableFrench restaurant (Triomphe) in the lobby.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 1:46 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I walked by the Benjamin today and chuckled to myself about this list.

Re-reading it, while the top properties in the City aren't on here, at least a few are decent, and, for those not looking to go uber-top-end, these present interesting compromises and are worth considering.

Carlyle
Surrey
Trump Soho
Iroquois
Morgans

In much of this same range, I'd include the Standard, the Algonquin, the London NYC (fka Rihga Royal), Mansfield and the Gramercy Park Hotel.

None will blow your socks off, but each presents a decent upper mid tier experience.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 1:52 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DavidO
Four Seasons, Ritz-Carlton Central Park, Mandarin Oriental. These are arguably the top three hotels in NYC (and this is sure to start an argument!)
No argument here.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker
The room-mate grace seems interesting for travelers on a budget.
I planned my mothers 60th birthday which we spent for 4 nights in NYC. Being a design nut she snubbed my initial suggestion of staying at the RC Battery Park and Waldorf Astoria but absolutely adored Room-Mate Grace.

It's not a luxury hotel by far but lovably quirky with a true, independent boutique feel.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:42 am

I've stayed at The Carlyle before but would only go back for a cocktail at Bemelmans Bar. She's a grand dame who's seen better days. Depending on the class of room you book into, your milage may well vary. I understand the suites are all really nice, but some of the lower room categories vary wildly and can be quite dated and shabby if you're unlucky. Once again, for my money, the absolute best hotel option in Midtown is the St. Regis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.