Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Trip Report: Dar Ahlam & Amanjena (Morocco)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report: Dar Ahlam & Amanjena (Morocco)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 8:44 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom

Great review

Thank you so much. I recall that you mentioned that they may make a desert camp, which would be nice.

With the proliferation of luxury resorts in RAK, is Aman able to retain employees? I've heard from several sources that Aman tends to pay less than competitors, which is a shame.
Old Feb 19, 2017, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks FlyingDoctorwu !

jena is 50% owned by aman, 50% owned by local bank

re dar ahlam >

updated website >
darahlam.com/gb/our-houses/dar-ahlam-nomad/the-camp-in-the-dunes.htm
darahlam.com/gb/our-houses/dar-ahlam-nomad/the-summer-camp.html

new >
darahlam.com/gb/our-houses/the-southern-route.html

guest / events this year (15th anniversary) >
darahlam.com/medias/fichiers/Darahlam_15_en.pdf

some location discussion here >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...-amanjena.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Feb 19, 2017 at 1:24 am
Old Oct 14, 2022, 6:50 pm

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
Ericka,

I know it’s been a long while since you posted this trip report, but it gave a great insight into what to expect.

A few questions, since I will be going to Morocco (HR Taghazout, HR Casablanca, Dar Ahlam Route du Sud, Oberoi Marrakech) this fall:

1. At the hotels (especially Dar Ahlam), what is the tipping expectation? I plan to tip in Dirham but may need to resort to US dollars if ATMs are hard to find.

2. Are there other things foreign travelers should consider when going to these hotels? I’ve been curious about the excursions but almost have no idea where to begin.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 7:01 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by gmax58
Ericka,

I know it’s been a long while since you posted this trip report, but it gave a great insight into what to expect.

A few questions, since I will be going to Morocco (HR Taghazout, HR Casablanca, Dar Ahlam Route du Sud, Oberoi Marrakech) this fall:

1. At the hotels (especially Dar Ahlam), what is the tipping expectation? I plan to tip in Dirham but may need to resort to US dollars if ATMs are hard to find.

2. Are there other things foreign travelers should consider when going to these hotels? I’ve been curious about the excursions but almost have no idea where to begin.
So sorry I can’t be more helpful because of how long it’s been. But I can tell you that as a general rule, the first thing we do before any trip is to figure out whether there is a service fee at each hotel we’re staying at. This is common at Amans and it takes much of the pressure off tipping. If that fee is in place (ala a 10-20% gratuity), you need only tip for people who do something special. Or for people who work outside of the hotel. It’s easier if you can find this out in advance of your trip.

I would also recommend contacting each hotel via email and asking for a sheet describing all the possible activities. You’ll be able to see if there’s any overlap from one hotel to another and book things ahead of time that are most important to you.

Have fun. Morocco is a wonderful place!
gmax58 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.