English countryside hotels

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

English countryside hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2023, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by kajonesbu
Thanks. Not sure Four Seasons works for our dates unless we do the countryside before London.

Will take a further look at Beaverbrook.

Any recent stays at Heckfield place? The comments from a couple years ago weren’t too promising. The design looks great and seems like they’re fine with kids.
Hi, did you end up making a decision? Switching up our plans and deciding to go to the countryside vs staying in London in mid-July. We will also be traveling with our your son, 1.5 years. Thanks!
Old Jun 12, 2023, 12:15 pm

Coworth Park - Looks like an interesting property that's family friendly close to London/Heathrow. Any recent stays here?
I've stayed in practically every category of room and suite at Coworth Park over the past 10 years. I think it's a fantastic property with great service and hard product. I've stayed there with my wife 'pre-kids' and with kids and each time I've never had a bad experience.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by jp-mco
I've stayed in practically every category of room and suite at Coworth Park over the past 10 years. I think it's a fantastic property with great service and hard product. I've stayed there with my wife 'pre-kids' and with kids and each time I've never had a bad experience.
What ages were your kids when you visited? Property and kids club looks great but I feel that it is better suited for ~5 yr or older.
Old Jun 12, 2023, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by SantiC
What ages were your kids when you visited? Property and kids club looks great but I feel that it is better suited for ~5 yr or older.
SantiC, this recent review might help.
https://thegoodthebadandtheluxurious...-coworth-park/
Old Jun 14, 2023, 6:34 am

They’ve stayed there from as little as 4 months old to now where the eldest is 8.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 3:39 am

Just to add to my previous post: I note that in Tom's review he mentions that they don't have a Toto toilet in the Mansion House Premium Suite (Arbuthnot) which he stayed in. Unless they've removed it that suite did used to have a Geberit bidet toilet as does the 'Stanley' suite (also in the Mansion House Premium Suite category). If they've removed them that seems like a pretty big mistake in my book. Arbuthnot is good because it's centrally located in the Mansion House and you can connect a Mansion House Superior room to the lounge making it into a two bedroom suite. That has worked well for us. Our favourite room category at Coworth Park is actually the next category down Mansion House Executive Suite and our favourite is Weston. We like that suite because it has a short corridor between you and the main corridor so there's less of an issue with soundproofing. I echo Tom's sentiments that I don't like having a door from the main corridor directly into the bedroom at Arbuthnot. There is an issue with noise because of that.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 9:46 pm

Hi, did you end up making a decision? Switching up our plans and deciding to go to the countryside vs staying in London in mid-July. We will also be traveling with our your son, 1.5 years. Thanks!
We originally booked Heckfield place and Claridges for the London part however switched to Four Seasons Hampshire and Brown’s Hotel.

We needed to flip the dates when we would be in London thus Four Seasons ended up working out. We’ve had great stays at other Four Seasons properties with our son and hope this will be more of the same.

If we weren’t traveling with our son probably would have stuck with Heckfield or maybe tried to change dates to see if the Newt would work.
Old Jun 16, 2023, 1:52 am

We originally booked Heckfield place and Claridges for the London part however switched to Four Seasons Hampshire and Brown’s Hotel.

We needed to flip the dates when we would be in London thus Four Seasons ended up working out. We’ve had great stays at other Four Seasons properties with our son and hope this will be more of the same.

If we weren’t traveling with our son probably would have stuck with Heckfield or maybe tried to change dates to see if the Newt would work.
Four Seasons Hampshire has had a nice refurbishment and it's a lovely place to be - it's just a shame they've introduced a tacky 5% (discretionary) service charge which they add to bills upon checkout. They don't tell you when you book so just be aware!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.