Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

any experience with ClassicTravel.com? (Virtuoso)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any experience with ClassicTravel.com? (Virtuoso)

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2020, 12:34 am

Originally Posted by BESVISOR
I love the idea of Virtuoso allowing direct bookings but honestly and in practice, I just prefer to ask my clients reach out to me directly and I'll take care of rest.
Avoid any confusion or anything to fall through the cracks. But I'm a bit Type A
What does 'reach out' mean? Is this TA speak for 'please call me or email.'

Last edited by Pausanias; May 22, 2020 at 5:11 am
Old May 22, 2020, 5:20 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by Pausanias
What does 'reach out' mean? Is this TA speak for 'please call me or email.'
Yup! And some clients even prefers to texts
United747 likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 4:06 pm
Was sydakllon

Programs: Virtuoso, Rosewood Elite, FSPP, Bellini, Dorchester, MO Fan Club, Oetker Pearl, etc.
Yup! And some clients even prefers to texts
WhatsApp, FaceTime, Zoom... I haven't really promoted the Virtuoso online booking service, even though it links back to me, I enjoy working clients directly.
Old May 22, 2020, 4:47 pm
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by SojournsOf
WhatsApp, FaceTime, Zoom... I haven't really promoted the Virtuoso online booking service, even though it links back to me, I enjoy working clients directly.
Haha, yup!

Even use smoke signals at times
SojournsOf likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 6:01 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SojournsOf
You forgot Insta DM

I don't mind using the online booking service, however, as I have mentioned before the Mariott system fails to load all my information using my loyalty number. It does immediately lock in the rate, but I note it adds the address of my TA (but only suburb and postcode).

Shangri-La also had issues.
Old May 23, 2020, 6:28 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
I love the idea of Virtuoso allowing direct bookings but honestly and in practice, I just prefer to ask my clients reach out to me directly and I'll take care of rest.
Avoid any confusion or anything to fall through the cracks. But I'm a bit Type A
Agree, especially for specific requests or for more information.

For short stays, the direct booking tool might come in handy in terms of processing anything quickly, but of course still needs follow ups.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 2:23 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
I had a short and straightforward booking for a Virtuoso rate for which I, frankly, didn't want to bother an advisor. So I decided to book online via the ClassicTravel portal. I did not receive a booking confirmation by email. Called a couple of times but the phone wasn't answered. An e-mail also wasn't answered for a few days, after which I decided to cancel and reach out to another TA. Booking was then handled within a day and I had the confirmation in my inbox swiftly. Don't know if this is standard for ClassicTravel, but I wasn't impressed by the absence of customer service availability.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 2:54 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I had a short and straightforward booking for a Virtuoso rate for which I, frankly, didn't want to bother an advisor. So I decided to book online via the ClassicTravel portal. I did not receive a booking confirmation by email. Called a couple of times but the phone wasn't answered. An e-mail also wasn't answered for a few days, after which I decided to cancel and reach out to another TA. Booking was then handled within a day and I had the confirmation in my inbox swiftly. Don't know if this is standard for ClassicTravel, but I wasn't impressed by the absence of customer service availability.
I too made an online booking via Classic Travel and cancelled due to the lack of confirmation email.

To be fair, Classic Travel did get in touch. I had made the booking over a weekend and they got in touch on Monday morning (east coast time) when I was in Asia.

I tend to work in inhospitable places where calling NYC is a pain as I have to call on Skype and in the evenings. I can't be doing with that so just booked with hotel directly but not on an Impressario rate.

If Classic Travel gave automated booking confirmation I would be much more likely to use them in future. Till that date comes I don't see myself using them unless an Impressario rate or whatever is eye wateringly good or I really want and highly value the benefits the rate provides.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 5:48 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Don't know if this is standard for ClassicTravel, but I wasn't impressed by the absence of customer service availability.
A long time senior staffer (and amazing advisor) left Classic in Feb 2021 to establish her own brand. This def left a void, but I hope Classic remains a strong shop as things re-launch.
Hope you give them another shot.
On the Hyatt Prive thread, skywalkerLAX, mentioned a different online type service he used under the branding of QX Travel.
That one isn't part of Virtuoso, but perhaps another option for those who don't want to interact with a human
DavidO's team I believe still makes use of the Virtuoso.com hotel booking interface. Maybe David could comment, but I don't believe they do instant confirmation emails either. Needs to be received by an advisor first if I remember right.
cargueiro likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:47 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ABG
A long time senior staffer (and amazing advisor) left Classic in Feb 2021 to establish her own brand. This def left a void, but I hope Classic remains a strong shop as things re-launch.
Hope you give them another shot.
On the Hyatt Prive thread, skywalkerLAX, mentioned a different online type service he used under the branding of QX Travel.
That one isn't part of Virtuoso, but perhaps another option for those who don't want to interact with a human
DavidO's team I believe still makes use of the Virtuoso.com hotel booking interface. Maybe David could comment, but I don't believe they do instant confirmation emails either. Needs to be received by an advisor first if I remember right.
Thanks. I will try QX next time I need a nice hotel for R&R.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:34 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Made a booking for St Regis Singapore.

Instant email confirmation, anything else I should do to double check the booking is done ?

Cancellation policy is 2 days prior to arrival (1 month away), somewhat concerned to arrive and find that the booking has been cancelled or am I worrying too much ?
Old Sep 18, 2023, 7:44 pm

These days, there are a bunch of platforms — Noble, Hotelux, etc. — that allow you to book Virtuoso rates online. It’s no longer a new concept, and I never had problems with the reservations not being made, or unilaterally being cancelled. I wouldn’t worry about the integrity of reservations made through Classic Travel (being the OG), in the same vein. They just plug into the same API. (That said, the others do provide confirmation emails, unlike the complaints about Classic above)

Again, the main issue is the quality of service vs. a TA whom you know.
Old Sep 18, 2023, 10:02 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this thread has reached a natural ending point so I am closing it. If anyone has a reason why it should be re-opened, please write the mods.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels and travel
KatW and offerendum like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.