Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2013, 6:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Funny you should show this - what got me to become a customer of [FS BKK] (when it was still the Regent) was that I walked into the lobby one Sunday to take a picture of the mural. An employee of the hotel stopped and asked if he could please take a picture for me with the mural in the background as I might like to share with my friends and family? I was dressed fairly poorly - shorts and sandals due to a very hot May day. I was so happy about this request - I checked into the hotel the next day and have been quite a regular customer ever since.
-----

http://skift.com/2013/09/25/a-bill-g...hotel-houston/
hat tip uggboy - bill gates buys FS houston from maritz wolff
maritz wolff down to only fairmont san jose, and wolff is part owner of a san jose sports team

-----

private jet tours - intrav is 50 seats but nice flatbeds rather than regular seats

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5603

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Nov 7, 2013 at 9:34 pm
Old Oct 18, 2013, 6:29 am

Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong turning 50

Check out this video, amazing party for an amazing property! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0vqyY5_Mo
Old Oct 18, 2013, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the above post fits best in the sticky "presidential suite lounge" thread so I am merging it in there.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by luxury1996
Check out this video, amazing party for an amazing property! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG0vqyY5_Mo
Yea, they threw a huge party on the 17th. I wasn't invited, kind of ticked off about that.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 9:58 am

New restaurant at The Peninsula New York

I was very happy to see that Peninsula has updated its restaurant. It looks quite stunning as it was done by the design firm Yabu Pushelberg. The new name of the restaurant is Clement. F&B previously was a drawback of this hotel, so this is very good news.

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 19, 2013 at 10:04 am
Old Oct 26, 2013, 2:24 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
I was very happy to see that Peninsula has updated its restaurant. It looks quite stunning as it was done by the design firm Yabu Pushelberg. The new name of the restaurant is Clement. F&B previously was a drawback of this hotel, so this is very good news.
Interesting. Is it worth stopping for lunch do you think one day?

In general, many luxury hotels in NYC have struggled to make deluxe restaurants work. The St Regis across the street has had a tough time (recall Lespinasse) (noting the entire King Cole bar area is under renovation at present). The premier restaurant at the Four Seasons hotel has changed several times in the last decade, too....and is currently dark! Ducasse at the Essex House (not necessarily luxury) also closed. Perhaps the only consistent one (10+ years) thatI can think of is Jean Georges at the Trump property. (Per Se, Masa are not directly part of the MO.) The BLT restaurant in the rccps got a "c" from the city and closed...there is something there now, but I didn't visit it during my recent stay.

Having a kitchen of exacting quality and having to deal with the wide variability of room service volume (in addition to a full house) must be very difficult.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:37 pm

Construction work has just started this week at 30 Park Place in NYC for the new Four Seasons in Financial District(formerly called 99 Church Street). It's supposed to be 149 rooms + 161 FS residences
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Interesting. Is it worth stoppingrump property. (Per Se, Masa are not directly part of the MO.) The BLT restaurant in the rccps got a "c" from the city and closed...there is for lunch do you think one day?

In general, many luxury hotels in NYC have struggled to make deluxe restaurants work. The St Regis across the street has had a tough time (recall Lespinasse) (noting the entire King Cole bar area is under renovation at present). The premier restaurant at the Four Seasons hotel has changed several times in the last decade, too....and is currently dark! Ducasse at the Essex House (not necessarily luxury) also closed. Perhaps the only consistent one (10+ years) thatI can think of is Jean Georges at the Tsomething there now, but I didn't visit it during my recent stay.

Having a kitchen of exacting quality and having to deal with the wide variability of room service volume (in addition to a full house) must be very difficult.
Don't forget Ducasse at the St. Regis. Strange how the restaurants in NYC luxury hotels are fickle.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by vincentb89
Construction work has just started this week at 30 Park Place in NYC for the new Four Seasons in Financial District(formerly called 99 Church Street). It's supposed to be 149 rooms + 161 FS residences
Pity the existing FS isn't getting as much attention. I heard they were closing the bar and the space where Atelier used to be and turning it into a ballroom. That means FS NY will only have The Garden. Rumour says they will turn Ty Lounge into the bar.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Pity the existing FS isn't getting as much attention. I heard they were closing the bar and the space where Atelier used to be and turning it into a ballroom. That means FS NY will only have The Garden. Rumour says they will turn Ty Lounge into the bar.
Maybe they'll call the Ty Lounge the Offshore Bar.

Seems like the FS NY is going to be trounced by competing hotels. The Peninsula just invested a ton of money into it's F&B offerings, in addition to its renovation just a few years ago.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Shangri-La
Maybe they'll call the Ty Lounge the Offshore Bar.

Seems like the FS NY is going to be trounced by competing hotels. The Peninsula just invested a ton of money into it's F&B offerings, in addition to its renovation just a few years ago.
Mmm, still don't like The Pen NY - mainly because of the awful lighting in the lobby and Gotham bar. Depressing. MO these days is so much better; that and some of the boutique hotels.

Quite like the idea of The Offshore Bar at FS!!! They could use dollar notes as bar mats.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 10:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
If true, this is quite unfortunate.

While the higher dining option never gained traction, the bar is full every night. I suspect many (most?) patrons are not hotel guests. Even at $20 a drink, I suspect a ballroom would be more yieldy for them. Might fill some rooms, too!

I don't think there is even a bar in the Garden, is there?

This also brings a touch of personal sadness...the main bar is where I had my first date with my wife.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by NYBanker
If true, this is quite unfortunate.

While the higher dining option never gained traction, the bar is full every night. I suspect many (most?) patrons are not hotel guests. Even at $20 a drink, I suspect a ballroom would be more yieldy for them. Might fill some rooms, too!

I don't think there is even a bar in the Garden, is there?

This also brings a touch of personal sadness...the main bar is where I had my first date with my wife.
No, there's no bar in The Garden. Rumour has it that they will turn the Ty Lounge (opposite side of the lobby to The Garden) into a bar.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 10:58 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Programs: We love to Fly, Hotels and Discovery
http://www.hotelmanagement.net/openi...thailand-25825

Anantara Resorts’ Minor Hotel Group (MHG) is continuing its expansion across its home country of Thailand by rebranding The Chedi Chiang Mai to Anantara Chiang Mai Resort & Spa. The addition to the MHG portfolio is the 100th property in operation.
The Chedi Chiang Mai is now the 100th Minor operated property. Does anyone know more why this property has changed flags? Were there any problems with GHM as manager?

The hotel also left LHW.

Last edited by uggboy; Dec 4, 2013 at 1:48 am
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:43 am

No, there's no bar in The Garden. Rumour has it that they will turn the Ty Lounge (opposite side of the lobby to The Garden) into a bar.
I re-checked out the Ty Lounge space a few weeks ago. It should be workable as a bar, though smaller than the existing facility (which is typically full/with waiting list at peak times).

Knowing full bars get noisy, assuming they leave the area open to the lobby (nearly certain), I could see they main entry to the hotel being overwhelmed by noise between 4 and 8 pm most days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.