Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Luxury Hotels Forum "Presidential Suite Lounge" -- All Welcome!!

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 8:36 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KatW
Can anyone speak about what Christmas is like in London? Conceiving plans to stay a few nights at Gravetye Manor with another few nights in London. Assume weather will be unlovely. Interested in classical and church music, other seasonal delights.
Christmas day itself is absolutely dead. All stores are closed; no busses, trains, trams, or subways run. The few restaurants that are open charge premium prices for the same old food. Not really a church-goer so I can't comment on church services. Entertainment venues, museums, theatres, and pubs are closed.

The day after Christmas, also a holiday, some public transit returns with reduced schedules and stores start their post-Xmas sales. There are queues to get into the stores.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
On the other hand, two weeks before Christmas is one of the best times to go to London. The town is buzzing.
FlyerEC likes this.
Old May 12, 2022, 10:18 am
Original Member

Yikes, bleak. But there is Christmas Eve midnight mass at St. Paul’s and Westminster Abbey … plus pre xmas day shopping … so far that’s all I have planned. Not fussed about a couple of down days … of course there could be rain …
obscure2k likes this.
Old May 14, 2022, 7:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

British Air business class — never ever again.
There are only three carriers who fly nonstop from San Fran to London. Haven't done Virgin lately but have done both BA and UA and, believe it or not, UA is worse.

It's really time for airlines to give up on all their Covid cutbacks but both BA and UA appear to be reluctant to do so. Recently did an AA trans-con in business and it was totally back to normal -- so much nicer!
Old May 14, 2022, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It's really time for airlines to give up on all their Covid cutbacks but both BA and UA appear to be reluctant to do so. Recently did an AA trans-con in business and it was totally back to normal -- so much nicer!
I flew AA DFW-CDG last summer and it was very nice. But AF business class or First is the best TATL. I flew AF throughout the pandemic and their business class service was never dumbed down.
Old May 17, 2022, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Can anyone speak about what Christmas is like in London? Conceiving plans to stay a few nights at Gravetye Manor with another few nights in London. Assume weather will be unlovely. Interested in classical and church music, other seasonal delights.
I never stayed over Christmas, but at the beginning of January (started 2nd). When I stayed weather was fine. Of course not warm but dry and sunny.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:44 pm

Just heard that Mandarin Oriental is about to launch a "private lifestyle membership" ... which is a nicer term for ... loyalty program! With points...... They call it "Central" and it also features a FS style chat function, which is nice. But points? Really?

I sincerely hope that the points will only be valid for F&B, because otherwise it will completely ruin the brand.

Does anyone know if this is limited to HK for now or rolled out throughout the brand? If it's limited to HK I would understand because frankly that market is in a lot of trouble / mostly operating on weekends.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 9:18 pm
Mandarin Oriental Contributor BadgeAman 10+ Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by scented
Just heard that Mandarin Oriental is about to launch a "private lifestyle membership" ... which is a nicer term for ... loyalty program! With points...... They call it "Central" and it also features a FS style chat function, which is nice. But points? Really?

I sincerely hope that the points will only be valid for F&B, because otherwise it will completely ruin the brand.

Does anyone know if this is limited to HK for now or rolled out throughout the brand? If it's limited to HK I would understand because frankly that market is in a lot of trouble / mostly operating on weekends.
Yes , scented , MOHK has a “ loyalty programme called CENTRAL which is only applicable in MOHKG and for F & B “
scented and luxefarer like this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:06 am
Original Member

Concierges working harder than ever …
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-restaurants
levilevi likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Greetings from a friend - guess who it is

LM225, miles4CDG and cornwall4000 like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum
So cute! Brenners, surely?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 8:19 pm
Original Member

Socrate! Le Bristol.
miles4CDG likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So cute! Brenners, surely?
Socrate! Le Bristol.
You are right scented, it´s Kléopatre at Brenners.
Paris would also be quite nice at the moment, but this will happen next month (but without Socrate as it seems at the moment)
scented likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
You are right scented, it´s Kléopatre at Brenners.
Paris would also be quite nice at the moment, but this will happen next month (but without Socrate as it seems at the moment)
Enjoy !!
Old Jun 17, 2022, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Enjoy !!
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.