FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   "Welcome" arrivals lounge in FRA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/914948-welcome-arrivals-lounge-fra.html)

Indultiomarus Jul 28, 2010 2:04 am

Great news I can just pay to have a guest then. This will be great since we are stuck at the airport for five hours. It would cost 50 euros to go to a resturant anyway whit beer and all.

primetime23 Jul 28, 2010 4:14 am

Originally Posted by Indultiomarus (Post 14378080)
Great news I can just pay to have a guest then. This will be great since we are stuck at the airport for five hours. It would cost 50 euros to go to a resturant anyway whit beer and all.

Dont know when you arrive, but Welcome Lounge closes at 1230pm...

tourist Jul 28, 2010 9:53 am

Originally Posted by primetime23 (Post 14378337)
Dont know when you arrive, but Welcome Lounge closes at 1230pm...

I hope the OP doesn't mind if I continue on this thread...

I will be in biz on LH405 from JFK, landing at 11.30. If the aircraft arrives on time, will I have time to take a shower in the Welcome lounge?

NewbieRunner Jul 28, 2010 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by tourist (Post 14379884)
I will be in biz on LH405 from JFK, landing at 11.30. If the aircraft arrives on time, will I have time to take a shower in the Welcome lounge?

Last November a group of FTers (about 80 of them!) were on this flight as part of the first StarMegaDo. LH405 arrived early (10:39 according to flightstats.com) instead of 11:10 but we arrived at a remote apron position and had to be bussed to international arrivals. Some of us then waited for friends with non-EU passports to go through immigration. One hour after landing we were at the Welcome Lounge reception.

I know this reply doesn't help much since the scheduled arrival time is now later, but on the other hand you may not arrive at a remote stand and won't have to wait for non-EU passport holders through immigration (assuming that the locations in your profile mean you are an EU passport holder).

tourist Jul 28, 2010 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 14382195)
we arrived at a remote apron position and had to be bussed to international arrivals. [---] One hour after landing we were at the Welcome Lounge reception.

This is sort of what I am afraid will happen... I guess my plan A will be to not count on being able to make it to the Welcome Lounge, but be pleasantly surprised if I do.

Thanks!

Thank you also for the SMD links, gave me an excuse to dream about being able to join SMD3! :D

NewbieRunner Jul 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by tourist (Post 14382376)
This is sort of what I am afraid will happen... I guess my plan A will be to not count on being able to make it to the Welcome Lounge, but be pleasantly surprised if I do.

For the last few days LH405 arrived at a B gate or C. It shouldn't take as long as one hour to the Welcome Lounge since much of that was waiting for non-EU passport holders at immigration so that we could go to the lounge together. I agree that if the flight is early you might be ok but otherwise it looks a little tight.

Indultiomarus Jul 28, 2010 7:58 pm

In my case the flight lands at 0610 and my trian at 1130 so it will work out fine for me. I have been many times there but never with a guest.

gattboy Aug 4, 2010 2:34 pm

arrivals lounge at FRA access

if I am a paying C with a UA codeshare ticket but on an LH flight, am I allowed access? Or do I have to have an LH ticket only?

oliver2002 Aug 4, 2010 3:01 pm

LH metal in C is fine.

EWRTravelers Aug 12, 2010 2:28 pm

What type of products are included in the showers?

NewbieRunner Aug 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by EWRTravelers (Post 14470500)
What type of products are included in the showers?

L'Occitane (wall mounted).

Rambuster Aug 12, 2010 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 14470628)
L'Occitane (wall mounted).

The hair dryer is also wall mounted !:p

tods27 Aug 12, 2010 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 14423421)
LH metal in C is fine.

UA metal in C would be fine as well. (unless they changed it again)

mh3265a Aug 23, 2010 5:37 am

Mrs. MH3265A and I both used the LH Arrivals lounge on Monday, August 16th on a Z-fare (c class) UA ticket and gained access. Wonderful lounge! One of the best that I've ever used...it rivals the great Asiana and Korean Air lounges in ICN. The showers were heavenly and the food options are better than the other Business Class lounges in Terminal A and B.

I didn't note the operational times but we arrived at 9:10 am and left by 11am for a 11:20 ICE train to STR. All, in all, a must use lounge when travelling to FRA.

FlyerGoldII Aug 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by mh3265a (Post 14529431)
Mrs. MH3265A and I both used the LH Arrivals lounge on Monday, August 16th on a Z-fare (c class) UA ticket and gained access. Wonderful lounge! One of the best that I've ever used...it rivals the great Asiana and Korean Air lounges in ICN. The showers were heavenly and the food options are better than the other Business Class lounges in Terminal A and B.

I didn't note the operational times but we arrived at 9:10 am and left by 11am for a 11:20 ICE train to STR. All, in all, a must use lounge when travelling to FRA.

I am now going to Europe (twice over the next 2 months) via FRA on AC business class (I am Star Alliance Gold member, as well). I wonder if the above entry was an unintentional mistake, or if the criteria for entry into the welcome lounge have changed (since this thread was started, and when I asked the same question) so that even non-codeshared business class passengers on Star Alliance carriers flying TATL can gain access?