Community
Wiki Posts
Search

M&M UK AmEx

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Just received this email from M&M. Note the last paragraph. I wonder if there will be an attractive way of earning miles in the UK other than from flying?

The latest news about your Miles & More Credit Card account

Up until now, as a Miles & More status member, you’ve been able to earn award miles using your Miles & More Credit Card. However, as you’ve already been informed, MBNA Limited (the credit card issuer) will no longer be participating in the Miles & More programme from 29 July 2018.

What does this mean for your award miles?

You remain a valuable member of the Miles & More programme with access to 36 airlines and more than 270 global non-air partnerships – giving you the chance to earn miles anytime and anywhere.
You will no longer be able to earn award miles with your Miles & More Credit Card account issued by MBNA.
As a status member, your award miles remain valid as long as you hold your status.1)

New partnership

We are currently looking to establish a suitable new partnership in the UK. This should, of course, comply with the highest standards you would expect from a Miles & More Credit Card. We will keep you informed about any developments on miles-and-more.com and in our regular newsletter.

Yours sincerely,

Roland Adrian
Managing Director
Miles & More GmbH
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:18 am

I got the same email. I don't know why they don't just add them as an Amex MR transfer partner?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Your email doesn't have an expiry date as you have status.
The email I got, without status, mentions expiry of June 2019.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Wanderlust888
Your email doesn't have an expiry date as you have status.
The email I got, without status, mentions expiry of June 2019.
Yeah, that's exactly how it is. I got the email today and they specifically mentioned that as I have status I have no need to worry about expiry (ahem..) but there are many comments on Raffles' HFP site confirming the June 2019 date for when miles start expiring (obviously, they must be 36 months or older before they disappear).

Raffles also hinted that they seem to be genuinely serious about finding another partner before D-Day kicks in.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Late last week as a UK M&M member and resident I applied for the German M&M card, completed ID check via video call etc. I’ll let you know if I’m approved.

Also of note, AusBT today reported that the biggest bank in Australia has added M&M as a credit card award point transfer partner. I find this really interesting as no LH Group airline even flies to Australia, and outside of M&M branded cards globally there are hardly any cards where you can transfer points to M&M. Maybe M&M are expanding their world finally...
Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:52 am

So we're on to the last official day of earning M&M miles on the MBNA card, not sure if any last minute spend today will still make it...
Old Aug 4, 2018, 1:52 am

Has anyone received their new Horizon card following closure of the M&M earning cards?
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MB_again
Has anyone received their new Horizon card following closure of the M&M earning cards?
I haven’t, they are leaving it late
Old Aug 4, 2018, 4:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Not yet, although I can see it in my online account so I assume it’s on the way.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 5:58 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Anyone else had transactions posted on 28th which haven't qualified for points?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 3:19 pm

2 weeks since closing the scheme and new card not yet arrived, wonder if the other MBNA airline cards transitioned earlier in the year had the same situation...
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:55 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Originally Posted by MB_again
2 weeks since closing the scheme and new card not yet arrived, wonder if the other MBNA airline cards transitioned earlier in the year had the same situation...
When I log into my account online I’m invited to activate a Horizon card which I don’t yet have. Selecting to reveal inactive accounts show two “MBNA Horizon credit cards” which were suspended some years ago due to suspected fraudulent use long before any MBNA Horizon credit cards existed. There’s no mention of Amex/Visa cards which I’m still having to use.
Old Aug 13, 2018, 3:48 pm

It's quite simply ridiculous they are taking this long to send out the new cards.

I don't see any activation options when I logon to my online account, so I suspect your card may actually be on its way
Old Aug 15, 2018, 1:34 pm

Just received an email from MBNA welcoming me to my new MBNA Horizon Credit Card.

"We’d like to welcome you to your new MBNA Horizon Credit Card – our premium cash back card, packed with exclusive benefits just for you. If you haven't received your new card yet, it should be with you very soon."
Old Aug 15, 2018, 11:41 pm

Same here, although mine was because I called them to follow up. Hopefully arrives by the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.