Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to recognise the different M&M card numbers?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:40 pm

Miles and More Number vs Service Card Number

The 15-digit number is the service card number (the number shown on your M&M card).
The 9-digit number shown in your account after login is your customer number.
Personnally I always use the 15-digit number in communications with M&M. This number is also the one shown (partially) on your boarding passes.
I never used the customer number, but I could see that it was used by OS when they did reply to me via email when I did contact them via online form on the internet site.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
The 15-digit number is the service card number (the number shown on your M&M card).
The 9-digit number shown in your account after login is your customer number.
Personnally I always use the 15-digit number in communications with M&M. This number is also the one shown (partially) on your boarding passes.
I never used the customer number, but I could see that it was used by OS when they did reply to me via email when I did contact them via online form on the internet site.
Thanks for replying to me regarding this.

Yes, my service card number has 15 digit (the one I use to login), but so is the one I see on the second page has also 15 digit (and it's different).

The interesting thing (I just verified it) is that I can use either number to login to my account (with the same PIN).

It seems like two accounts that are merged, but cannot remember any communication.

Thanks,

Giuseppe
Old Sep 12, 2015, 11:10 pm

I have two 15 digit numbers but each is linked to the same Miles and More account. One is from the Oil and Energy club that I joined and upon joining that Lufthansa created a Miles and More account for me (nowadays the process is slightly different)

Both numbers work to get into my account but I tend to just use my Miles and More number to avoid confusion (mostly for myself).
Old Sep 13, 2015, 12:47 am

Miles and More Number vs Service Card Number

All M&M service card numbers you had in the past are linked to your account.
My blue-, FTL-, and SEN-numbers do still work.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
All M&M service card numbers you had in the past are linked to your account.
My blue-, FTL-, and SEN-numbers do still work.
I guess this is what causes confusion. I don't see the need to change numbers just when you change status...
Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have several M&M numbers and I am never totally sure which one I should use as the primary number, probably the one at the bottom of the credit card. But they all seem to come back to the same place without any problems. The M&M service center doesn't seem to be worried about it, anyway. I suspect that if you move around a bit, as I have done in the past, you end up getting allocated a different number according to where you live.

Much less talked about is a shorter number associated with the M&M account, the Miles & More Customer Number. I have occasionally been asked for this, but I do not have it by memory. Could be that it provides an extra security layer.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 4:36 pm

Back from my trip.
I want to say that I used either number (the 15 digit ones) and either case worked and got my miles.
Thank you all for your help.
Regards,

Giuseppe
Old Dec 2, 2021, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by st8dm
quick question:
When the Executive Bonus starts from?

- I made some bookings as base
- after completing an outbound halfway trip, I become FF

Q: is the Exec bonus applied to the second half, the inbound trip?

Or it starts with the next booking?

MM assigned me a new card, which comes with a new number.

I also have several other flights booked, using my "old" base MM number.
Will they be credited with or without Exec bonus?

I guess I will have the response in 3w anyway, but I'm asking it anyway.

I've made a correct plan to SEN, until now, but I haven't considered Exec bonuz into action. I always considered stets will be credited as base (worst case scenario). Maybe I ended up spending 500+ more.
Spoiler

Executive bonus kicks in automatically once your FTL & is on the entire trip.

Your numbers remain yours as you move through the bands, Blue, Silver, Gold & Black, even LH IT can track the status miles you earn.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by chris63
Executive bonus kicks in automatically once your FTL & is on the entire trip.

Your numbers remain yours as you move through the bands, Blue, Silver, Gold & Black, even LH IT can track the status miles you earn.
thanks for this.
Actually it happens this way:

you do have a MM number which stays with you forever.

Once you reach FT, you are being issued another MM card / number. The FT has another valid MM number.

That is being considered starting your next flight.

I've actually reached my FT after my first F+J segment.
The return F+J was not considered as FT, but as base.

Next flight, even if it was booked when I was base, I went to the airport check-in and asked for my FT number to be considered.
They issued other boarding passes (paper) and my electronic ones were no longer valid.
The flight was awarded as FT.

I don't know what would have happened if I didn't visited the check-in: I would still get the credit for FT or just base?
It doesn't matter anymore though.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 11:35 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I'm SEN since 2006 and my old blue (99xx) and FTL (9922) work for mileage credit just like my SEN number (2220). The system has them all tied to the customer number in the system.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 1:08 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm SEN since 2006 and my old blue (99xx) and FTL (9922) work for mileage credit just like my SEN number (2220). The system has them all tied to the customer number in the system.
So why don't they just use the customer number as the frequent flyer number rather than messing around with all the different FTL-SEN-Credit Card #s? I reckon that I must have more than 10 different M&M #s since I signed up for the program.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 2:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I have about 9 myself (thanks to my credit cards getting replaced a few times due to suspected fraud). The different numbers date back to the days when there was no live connection to the FFP database to check the elite status. 9922 FTL 2220 SEN was easy to spot on the card and in the DCS to print the status on the boarding pass/manifest etc.

I don't think they will move to the customer number because of the possibility of the fraud etc. They are working on a major merge of all databases and will move to a 'TravelID' which will have one ID for one person which will work in all LH group systems.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Yes, the LH/LX system has all the different numbers tied to the customer number. But that doesn't apply to partner airlines. For a few years I didn't even realize that LH gave me a different number when I got SEN. Using the original number worked just fine for mileage credit, both on LH/LX and UA (I credit UA flights to M&M). But UA never acknowledged by *A Gold status. I didn't notice or care until I kept on missing out on my first meal choice flying Polaris J SFO-EWR (transcontinental Polaris food is good enough to eat). After a polite inquiry I was told that as a non-status person I was at the back of the queue. I first suspected IT limitations, but eventually learned that using the new SEN number would register as *A Gold in UAs system. So, only through missing out on short ribs half a dozen times did I learn that LH/LX gives you a different number when reaching SEN and that you need to use this number to get *A Gold benefits on partner airlines. At UA this matters most for lounge access, which is complimentary for *A Gold but not for domestic J travelers unless they fly transcontinental Polaris from/to SFO/LAX.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by Rabaja
Yes, the LH/LX system has all the different numbers tied to the customer number. But that doesn't apply to partner airlines. For a few years I didn't even realize that LH gave me a different number when I got SEN. Using the original number worked just fine for mileage credit, both on LH/LX and UA (I credit UA flights to M&M). But UA never acknowledged by *A Gold status. I didn't notice or care until I kept on missing out on my first meal choice flying Polaris J SFO-EWR (transcontinental Polaris food is good enough to eat). After a polite inquiry I was told that as a non-status person I was at the back of the queue. I first suspected IT limitations, but eventually learned that using the new SEN number would register as *A Gold in UAs system. So, only through missing out on short ribs half a dozen times did I learn that LH/LX gives you a different number when reaching SEN and that you need to use this number to get *A Gold benefits on partner airlines. At UA this matters most for lounge access, which is complimentary for *A Gold but not for domestic J travelers unless they fly transcontinental Polaris from/to SFO/LAX.
That's very good to know.
I have a number of flights booked with AC.

I wonder, if they don't check, isn't that a loophole? using your expired SEN number with partners after the number expires?
I guess they must check at some point.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 1:40 am

All *A airlines have access to a common database which they use to determine elite status. Since most DCS use that nowadays the use of old numbers is futile.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.