FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to recognise the different M&M card numbers?
Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:16 pm
Rabaja

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm SEN since 2006 and my old blue (99xx) and FTL (9922) work for mileage credit just like my SEN number (2220). The system has them all tied to the customer number in the system.
Yes, the LH/LX system has all the different numbers tied to the customer number. But that doesn't apply to partner airlines. For a few years I didn't even realize that LH gave me a different number when I got SEN. Using the original number worked just fine for mileage credit, both on LH/LX and UA (I credit UA flights to M&M). But UA never acknowledged by *A Gold status. I didn't notice or care until I kept on missing out on my first meal choice flying Polaris J SFO-EWR (transcontinental Polaris food is good enough to eat). After a polite inquiry I was told that as a non-status person I was at the back of the queue. I first suspected IT limitations, but eventually learned that using the new SEN number would register as *A Gold in UAs system. So, only through missing out on short ribs half a dozen times did I learn that LH/LX gives you a different number when reaching SEN and that you need to use this number to get *A Gold benefits on partner airlines. At UA this matters most for lounge access, which is complimentary for *A Gold but not for domestic J travelers unless they fly transcontinental Polaris from/to SFO/LAX.