Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lufthansa Longhaul Menu Thread (business class / first class)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 2:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The catering is one set of two and then in increments of 1. If the FM/DM needs to move pax into F less than aprox 60-70 min before departure, he/she talks to the P2 to see if they are flexible enough to juggle the existing catering among the F cabin. In such cases the P2 needs to ID the recent additions and request them to take a second choice if they run out of choices. If you were booked well in advance and didn't receive your choice and most importantly if you get stupid comments from the FA like 'I dunno, don't work F normally' then its time to comment on that using the feedback form here:
http://www.lufthansa.com/us/en/Feedb...dbackType=FBCA
Old Jan 11, 2011, 6:36 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Platinum; IHG Diamond-Amb.; Meli/HH/Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
The amuse bouche looks odd, even for LH. I am guessing that egg was the main ingredient?
I can't remember exactly how the FA described it, but I'd call it a herb mousse.

The vegetarian dumpling also sounds rather odd!
It sounds slightly less odd in German, IMO, but still not especially desirable as a main course in F. Blame it on "Star Chef" La Linster.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The catering is one set of two and then in increments of 1.
Thanks for the clarification.

If you were booked well in advance and didn't receive your choice [...] then its time to comment
+1. Definitely not good enough.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL Plat (comped), BD
IMH and sbm12,
The amuse bouche looks odd, even for LH. I am guessing that egg was the main ingredient?

The vegetarian dumpling also sounds rather odd!

Cheers.
The amuse bouche (surprisingly) is not egg based but basically a herb cream cheese (not very good IMHO).

When I spotted the dumpling I was not sure for a moment whether I was in First or got incarcerated No wonder they were running out of options...

The chicken and fish (which my wife had) were both bad so if I needed to give it another try I'd indeed go for the Klopse

On the positive side, for dessert the mousse was ok and it actually was the first time they had a decent cheese selection ^
Old Jan 12, 2011, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by IMH
It sounds slightly less odd in German, IMO, but still not especially desirable as a main course in F. Blame it on "Star Chef" La Linster.
La Linster is a great Chef. At her restaurant (1 Michelin Star) you can enjoy great food. Only female Chef to have won the "Bocuse d'Or".
I'd rather blame LSG Skychefs for making such horrible things out of it.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 9:03 am
IMH

Originally Posted by PetzLUX
La Linster is a great Chef.
I'm happy to trust you (and many others) on that and also to believe that her Mehlkndel/Kniddelen are delicious. So was my granny's rice pudding, but that wouldn't really be at home on an F menu either.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 1:46 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
First Class menu LH710,714,740 November-December 2010

Western cuisine

Choice of Hors d'oeuvres

Caviar with the traditional garnishes
Salad of bacalao with oranges, black olives and sherry dressing
Cecina de Leon, grilled zucchini and shaved Manchego cheese

Salad

Frisee, chicory, romaine lettuce and radicchio with cherry tomatoes, olives and beetroot presented with your choice of tomato and tarragon or orange and mustard dressing

Choice of main courses

Saffron crusted halibut with sauce bouillabaisse, bell pepper and black venus rice

Lufthansa Classics
Roast goose with red cabbage, potato dumplings and herb crumb butter

Selection of cheese and desert

Machengo, queso al Romero, blue des Causses, Banon and coulommiers cheese presented with quince jelly and grapes

Truffle cream of chocolate and olive oil with flor de sal, raspberry and bell pepper jelly

Fresh fruit

Japanese cuisine

Zensai

Caviar with the traditional garnishes

Boiled tofu balls with crab meat and green peas marinated in gin sauce

Radish and carrot juliennes with mashed persimmon

Suimono wan

Suimono with red perch filet, grated yuzu zest

Hassun

Rolls of roasted breast of duck with grilled spring onions, deep-fried lotus root, egg pie, sushi featuring Japanese king prawn, tuna and scallop, pickled ginger

Men

Green tea noodles, egg strips, wasabi and chives presented with soba sauce

Omozakana

Slices of saddle of wild hog with sweet potato noodles, black salsify, silk tofu, arugula, Chinese cabbage and spinach roll, carrots, shiitake, served with miso sauce accompanied by Japanese rice and sesame

Gindara
Boiled Japanese cod, radish, carrot, shiitake, leaf spinach, tofu and vegetarian roll in dark fish sauce served with Japanese rice and sesame

Miso shiru

Misoshiru soup

Konomono

Pickled white radish, marinated turnip, baby eggplant

Dessert

Wagashi soybean tartlet with green and brown sugar frosting

Western Breakfast

Cold and hot specialities

Freshly squeezed orange juice

Fresh fruit

Yogurt, granola country style with chopped pumpernickel, smacks and milk

Welifit Gouda, filet of ham, turkey pastrami

Scrambled egg freshly prepared upon your request with your choice of bacon or chives

LH 710,714,740 11/10-12/10

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 13, 2011 at 8:44 pm Reason: added breakfast menu
Old Jan 13, 2011, 2:05 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

ooops, how did the aluminium foil cup end up on the plated dish? Did they at least apologise?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:04 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

ooops, how did the aluminium foil cup end up on the plated dish? Did they at least apologise?
Haha I haven't noticed it. It must have contained "dark fish sauce" but I agree it wasn't what you'd expect in First Class especially since LH makes sure to serve Japanese tea in a proper teapot, for example.

I asked to be served my meal later in the flight and by the time I decided it was time to eat the crew had started eating their meal and various courses of my meal appeared in a strange order. The service on the flight wasn't what I'd come to expect on flights to/from Japan.

I knew it was a mistake to opt for a Japanese meal ex-Germany but on flights to Japan they serve a shortened Western menu. I wasn't impressed by the halibut I had on the SMD2 flight and the only other option was goose which I didn't want. My original plan was to eat in the FCL and only to have starters on the flight but as my incoming flight from the UK was delayed I never made it to the FCL.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:11 am

oooohh... they didn't honor the F 'master of time' concept on their flagship A380 for an HON in F and mucked up the presentation. That surely would yield 10-15000 miles with a crafted maximised complaint and comment.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 5:51 am

That surely would yield 10-15000 miles with a crafted maximised complaint and comment.
Don't give me ideas...

But now I come to think of it no one came when I pressed the FA call button and after waiting for 5+ mins I had to go to the galley to ask them if I could have my meal.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 8:56 am

Special moments (themed second meal and a gift to take home) in F on select routes in Feb:

Old Jan 13, 2011, 9:12 am
IMH

a gift to take home
Any more details on, or pictures of, the cuckoo clock?
Old Jan 13, 2011, 10:34 am

Special moments (themed second meal and a gift to take home) in F on select routes in Feb:

very nice!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:47 pm

Programs: AC E, SPG Gold
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hello!
I will be on OS118 business from Munich to Vienna, the flight is barely one hour and departs after 9pm. Can I expect any good during the flight? Or I should just eat a bit in the lounge?
Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:51 pm

You will get a small decent snack as the flight is rather short.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.