Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2009, 8:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by weero
If there is a middle seat and if the service is operated by LH itself and not one of their numerous subsidiaries, disciples, minions, or henchmen ... yes then it is indeed blocked.
I've only flown Cityline as a regional partner in C, but found that the 2x2 Y seating (no middles) was reduced to 1x1 in C.

Don't know what the other regional partners do.

I agree that the physical seat by itself, exclusive of service, centre blocking, and legroom is the same as Y. I respectfully do not agree that the experience is the same.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 8:25 am
hch

Originally Posted by SFTNYC
I've only flown Cityline as a regional partner in C, but found that the 2x2 Y seating (no middles) was reduced to 1x1 in C.

Don't know what the other regional partners do.
The free neighbour seat in C is guaranteed for all LH/LH regional flights. It is however not guaranteed for code-shares. e.g. OS blocks only middle seats (and for short flights even that only recently), but not neighbour seats on 2x2 layours or the left side of 2x3, and LX has some weird exceptions when they don't block neighbour seats in C.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by hch
The free neighbour seat in C is guaranteed for all LH/LH regional flights. It is however not guaranteed for code-shares. e.g. OS blocks only middle seats (and for short flights even that only recently), but not neighbour seats on 2x2 layours or the left side of 2x3, and LX has some weird exceptions when they don't block neighbour seats in C.
Yep, LX don't block the middle "E" seat on Avros by default.
Last week on my AMS-ZRH flight they only had one row of C and they squeezed in all 5 C pax into this row. Very uncomfortable ...
Old Feb 14, 2009, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by Rambuster
they only had one row of C and they squeezed in all 5 C pax into this row. Very uncomfortable ...
That's LX's interpretation of Club Europe...
Old Feb 14, 2009, 1:57 pm

I just came back from 6 hrs in a 737-900 full flight sim. Nice... though I again realised I'm tuned in too much into Airbus.

Last edited by Triple3; Feb 14, 2009 at 2:06 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 14, 2009, 2:00 pm

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
What about pure LH-flights with a 2+3-layout?

The Fokker-fleet of the LH-regional-partner ContactAir is growing, and nowadays there are at least 2 Fokker 100 flying on behalf of LH.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM
Originally Posted by rorschi
What about pure LH-flights with a 2+3-layout?

The Fokker-fleet of the LH-regional-partner ContactAir is growing, and nowadays there are at least 2 Fokker 100 flying on behalf of LH.
My interpretation of above posts is that if operating as LH regional, Business class will be seated 1x2.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 4:19 pm
hch

Flights sim, hah.

Did five hours of skiing in CAT IIIc conditions in waist-deep power instead ;-)
Old Feb 14, 2009, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by hch
Flights sim, hah.

Did five hours of skiing in CAT IIIc conditions in waist-deep power instead ;-)
JAA never approved CAT IIIc.
Old Feb 14, 2009, 4:53 pm
hch

Originally Posted by Triple3
JAA never approved CAT IIIc.
I'm pretty sure my zero feet decision height cliff drops will never be approved by any agency..
Old Feb 17, 2009, 2:45 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
BTW, is a 2.000 miles voucher the regular compensation for non working IFE in LH business class? last friday on my flight MIA-DUS the IFE didnot work on all seats in the small business cabin compartment. neither did the reading light or the "call a FA button" work.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 3:32 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
As of last year it was without discussion 10K in F and I believe 6K in BIZ for a non-working IFE. Some posters got even more, IIRC.
Old Feb 17, 2009, 4:22 am

Programs: LH HON, DL FO/MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Accor Lifetime Platinum, Sixt Diamond
Last experience was 15K in F, 10K in C and 5K in Y. Don't want to rule out though that LH could have become "cheaper" by now - offering less adequate compensation...
Old Feb 17, 2009, 5:25 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
BTW, is a 2.000 miles voucher the regular compensation for non working IFE in LH business class? last friday on my flight MIA-DUS the IFE didnot work on all seats in the small business cabin compartment. neither did the reading light or the "call a FA button" work.
On LH455 SFO-FRA last week I had no sound in my economy seat (B744). I informed the FA after meal service and she told me that the Purserette would take care of it.
90min later it still hadn't been fixed. I was sitting in the exit row and they offered me a standard economy seat instead. I declined since space is more important for me. After all I was not very happy to trade in my exit row for a standard eco seat somewhere in the back of the cabin.
5min later the purserette came bye and invited me to biz class. There was a seat not 100% working she told me but it would allow me at least wo watch a movie. I gladdly accepted and spent the remaining 7h in C class ^.

(On a side note: Purser told me they had 8 HONs (all in F), 2 VIP and 30 SEN on board.)
Old Feb 17, 2009, 6:38 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Yep, LX don't block the middle "E" seat on Avros by default.
Last week on my AMS-ZRH flight they only had one row of C and they squeezed in all 5 C pax into this row. Very uncomfortable ...
Yep - and on the ZRH-FRA runs it is not always easy to keep an LH or LX service apart.

But it's essential - when in Y you want to be aboard LX and when in C you ought to be chez LH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.