Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
And how about longhaul arrivals in the afternoon? There may be fewer longhaul flights arriving after midday but why should pax from EZE, NRT, MEX and KIX be in less need of a shower than other longhaul pax?
i guess the idea behind it is that a) you can already check into your hotel at that time or b) it will be easier to get a shower in the SEN/C lounge in the afternoon. any arriving pax can go there and have them call down to hold the lugagge, even though in most cases you will still be down at the belt before your bags after having a shower and some food...
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
BA does limit the arrivals lounge access to longhaul flights. Only First, Club World and World Traveller Plus / World Traveller bookings are eligible. (i.e. these products are only on longhaul flights, Club Europe and Euro Traveller are excluded)

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_gb

The arrivals lounge also closes at 2pm IIRC at LHR, which is obviously no good for late arrivals in the afternoon. I do think LH should consider extending the opening hours to 2pm at least.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:15 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by sentom
any arriving pax can go there and have them call down to hold the lugagge, even though in most cases you will still be down at the belt before your bags after having a shower and some food...
Really - great idea/option!

Last time I did this, the LH baggage claim guys/girls (luckily?) said "guarded" my bags against unwarranted disappearance, as a flight from Pakistan had just landed, and I was like 1 hour late! ^

Kudos to them for once - usually my baggage either:

1. Can't be retrieved.

2. Cannot be located.

3. Other weird and wild stuff...
Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:19 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
When I arrived back to MUC from HKG a few weeks ago I vaguely heard before landing (it was c. 5am) that F & C pax were welcome to a lounge which was already open. I was heading for one of the SEN lounges and didn't pay much attention to the announcement but did I hear it correctly that there was an unofficial arrivals lounge at MUC?
Maybe this was the reason (or partially the reason) for all the construction work they were doing their over the summer??
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:34 am

Programs: LH HON->SEN, BA GGL+CCR->Gold, HH D, Hertz PC
lh.com.......

Please note!
Our system is temporarily experiencing technical difficulties.Some functionalties of the website are disabled but you still can make a flight booking.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So... has anyone tested out the new arrivals lounge yet? If so what is the overall opinion?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Hippo72
Please note!
Our system is temporarily experiencing technical difficulties.Some functionalties of the website are disabled but you still can make a flight booking.
M&M.com is down as well. Probably they hired some of the DB IT tech guys to enhance their performance
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:11 am

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Rambuster
BA does limit the arrivals lounge access to longhaul flights. Only First, Club World and World Traveller Plus / World Traveller bookings are eligible.
Thanks Rambuster for clarifying this, wasn't aware of this! Have never been on the "Dark Side" so far (), I just asked a colleague of mine who wasn't quite sure about it but thought so...
Old Jan 30, 2009, 3:01 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by totti
M&M.com is down as well. Probably they hired some of the DB IT tech guys to enhance their performance
Nope. Those are still with DB: Just tried to book something on bahn.corporate and after I clicked the "Pay" button nothing more happened. Of course no one at DB can tell me whether my CC was charged.

Did I ever say that I hate DB?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Triple3
Did I ever say that I hate DB?
Really? I wonder why…
Old Jan 30, 2009, 7:49 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
..Did I ever say that I hate DB?
Nope. And I cannot imagine you ever would .
Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
I hate DB!

Originally Posted by weero
Nope. And I cannot imagine you ever would .

Old Jan 30, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
German snail mail customs

I ordered FT luggage tags which now sit a mile away from my apartment at the local customs office. I got mail that I should come there with proof of purchase and CC printout.
The order confirmation only contained a short 'sent it via USPS First' but no price whatsoever. I guess it's going to be one of the fun moments when we open the envelope and pull out $4.50 worth of merchandise
Old Jan 30, 2009, 10:54 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
I ordered FT luggage tags which now sit a mile away from my apartment at the local customs office. I got mail that I should come there with proof of purchase and CC printout.
The order confirmation only contained a short 'sent it via USPS First' but no price whatsoever. I guess it's going to be one of the fun moments when we open the envelope and pull out $4.50 worth of merchandise
German customs is so hyper nervous these days. My stuff from the US (gifts, etc) gets caught there rather frequently. How annoying!
Old Jan 30, 2009, 11:55 am
Original Poster

I hate DB!

+1

@:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.