Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Miles and More Forum Lounge Thread — Everybody is Welcome! [older now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2008, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by andre1970

You know the worst part? I flew the outbound yesterday (CDG-DTW) and I actually liked it!

I mean, I feel totally embarrassed to admit it but it was much better than your typical TATL C class experience on LH:

1. The brand new AF pier in (the favela airport) CDG for intercontinental flights is pretty humane.

2. Their business lounge over there is huuuuuge (I am not sure whether I was entitled to use it as a business class customer or as a CO Plat, I showed both and they told me I'm good to go). Food/snack/drink offerings are quite comparable to a SEN lounge (AF lounges have better (real ) cheese and wines/champagne)

3. I was almost alone in the section of the C cabin I was seated and the service was superb. Food was mediocre but I can say the same thing about LH C food anyway. On the upside, I tasted 3(!) different champagnes and some very good red wine.

4. The brand new terminal in DTW is very nice and pleasant and immigration/customs/baggage recheck/transfer was a breeze compared to my usual US gateways (JFK, EWR, ORD).

5. Highlight: AF planes feature an external live camera! You can see the take-off and landing of the aircraft live as if you were seated in the cockpit. After take-off the camera continues to shoot the landscapes you fly over! That, combined with the usual GPS flightshow is enough to have me totally glued to my screen and to that of my (empty) neighboring seat! ^

I had completely avoided Air France for the last 12 years, despite having CDG as one of my bases (spend about 3 months per year in Paris). I somehow decided to give them a shot again. I was not disappointed: among other things, AF lived up to their reputation. Upon arrival to DTW, my (hardcase) checked bag was broken!^
Andre, I am shocked

How about the seat? Did you like it? It's just "lie-flat" and not "flat-bed", isn't it?

Did you arrive on time? One of the main issues I had with AF was punctuality, especially when connecting from a intra-france flight to a european one in the evening. Missed my connection more than once and had to stay at CDG for the night

Anyway, good to hear you enjoyed your flight.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by totti
My guess: 500EUR.
I emailed that guy on ebay to ask him since when BMI offers "Partner cards" as per his description.

He actually replied to me and stated that his "contact within BMI would upgrade the base membership to Gold"... unbelievable !
Old Nov 7, 2008, 2:54 am

Programs: LH SEN+, UA 1k, AA Plat, Solitaire PPS, BA Silver, :rolleyes:, :eek:
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I emailed that guy on ebay to ask him since when BMI offers "Partner cards" as per his description.

He actually replied to me and stated that his "contact within BMI would upgrade the base membership to Gold"... unbelievable !
So did you go for the bid?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Don't we all have such a contact?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:01 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
Originally Posted by Triple3
So did you go for the bid?
No !!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:15 am

Programs: M&M basic / happy Wizzair+ user :-)
Andre, I am shocked

So am I. Although 10 years ago I sweared not to fly with them again, I made the mistake last year to travel on a route which is only served by AF and occasional ferries (NCE-CLY, while CLY is famous for the breathtaking landing like INN and LUG). The aircraft was obviously not cleaned for several days / weeks / years, and the checkin-agent at NCE was surpassing everything I saw so far with his rudeness.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...5&postcount=28

Such things make me unforgiving - and I don't like to have the thought to be cramped next to people using their cellphones (AF makes trials with that) as well.

For this reason: Plus jamais AF
Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:28 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rorschi
For this reason: Plus jamais AF
Passport #4 for you - France !!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by szg
Passport #4 for you - France !!
No problem, I still go at least once a year for holiday to France, but with LH or LX...
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:09 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No problem, I still go at least once a year for holiday to France, but with LH or LX...
AF = alles falsch !!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:22 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM

So am I. Although 10 years ago I sweared not to fly with them again..
I love those brilliant Freudians which a) are understood by everyone and b) still don't impose any obligations on you in the long run .
Old Nov 7, 2008, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by weero
I love those brilliant Freudians which a) are understood by everyone and b) still don't impose any obligations on you in the long run .
Yep, such Freudians are always ^

BTW: I'll reply to your message soon. Just need a coffee before returning to my desk.
Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF

Well, you can buy a silver card as a 55k+. Still unbelievable to use your contacts for something like this!!!!
Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:44 am

Yep, such Freudians are always ^

BTW: I'll reply to your message soon. Just need a coffee before returning to my desk.
I almost swore that "sweared" is corrrect... sorry.

BTW: In the meantime, I had 4 coffees...
Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:45 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by SmilingBoy
Well, you can buy a silver card as a 55k+. Still unbelievable to use your contacts for something like this!!!!
Have they outsourced the status memberships to PNQ as well?
Old Nov 7, 2008, 7:48 am

BTW: In the meantime, I had 4 coffees...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.