Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles for magazine subscriptions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2004, 3:39 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Originally Posted by bertheike
just the opposite is right, I posted in the BA Forum how good the award availability during schoolholidays with LH is ! You should try to get BA awards , with them it´s nearly impossible during schoolholidays and FRI/SAT/SUN !
I have nearly 1 millon miles there and never get seats when I need them ; even not 340 days in advance !
On LH we got 4 seats in "O" to BKK during the autumholiday and also for chrismas/new year! And I have already 4 seats for next years autumholiday with the new BKK service from MUC in "I" with the new seats !
Well, hang on a second, the mere fact that award availability with MM is better than with BA does not mean it is a good idea to invest in LH miles, don't you think? I was just stating the issue of availability was discussed here very recently : http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364964

As LH is not releasing inventory informations, I think it is reasonable to look for other signs, i.e. people complaining or, as in your case, people telling that availability is good. Overall my impression is that X is almost always to be had, I is difficult at least for the americas and O is virtually impossible if you need more than 2 seats - and two may already be too much.

Jensens
Old Nov 10, 2004, 3:54 am

Programs: LH, A3, BA
Originally Posted by attorney28
Their goal is to win permanent subscribers, so I doubt they will let you sign up (unless you happen to talk to someone disinterested or dumb) if you tell them upfront that you only want the miles.
Yes, but you do not really become a subscriber so they cannot keep you in their statistics as a subscriber for too long, I guess. But I think you are right that the "mysteriously bad deal" for them is not as bad as it seems, as most publications get their revenue primarily from the advertising, not from the price people pay to read the publication.
Well, I am pretty convinced that there is no mystery at all. It's simply stupidity on part of someone who devised the whole thing. First of all, forking out say, 9000 miles would have been sufficient an incentive, even here with the picky FT folks. Secondly, closing the thing before Mr. Mueller and Mrs. Meier had a chance to look into it, subscribing to it and letting it run until the end of all days, does not come across as a very well thought plan. In the end it was open from Friday night to Tuesday/Wednesday, hardly enough to attract anyone but the hardcore miles junkies. But my guess would be that these are exactly the guys you do not want, am I wrong? So what makes the deal crappy for them - and really great for us - is their failure to design a reasonable contract, along the lines of "you subscribe and get 5000, in case you stay with us for another 6 months another 10000 for you and so on" ...

Jensens
Old Nov 10, 2004, 4:25 am

Question

Has anyone tried this from the UK? I note that UK is an option.

I've tried to submit the form and at the end always get an error message for "Geburtsdatum" something. I know this means date of birth and have tried every combination thereof. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!
Old Nov 10, 2004, 4:29 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
geburtdatum

Originally Posted by Dakota
Has anyone tried this from the UK? I note that UK is an option.

I've tried to submit the form and at the end always get an error message for "Geburtsdatum" something. I know this means date of birth and have tried every combination thereof. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

just enter 01011977 for example it is working
Old Nov 10, 2004, 4:31 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
btw, need direct link for the vouchers. not working for me or is it the popup blocker

Originally Posted by derpelikan
just enter 01011977 for example it is working
Old Nov 10, 2004, 4:57 am

Thumbs up

Hi derpelikan - much obliged, again !

The link (1st page this thread) still working for me and states 13,000 miles. Perhaps it is your software, but I didn't even see pop-ups. Good luck!
Old Nov 10, 2004, 5:57 am

Be careful about gutschein heft?

Just spoke to handelsblatt.

about the gutscheinheft. if you ordered more than 12 , you will not get it.
( they will only give out 12 because one year has only 12 month )

they got to many people ordering, actually some hundred people mrs k. told me.

and the handelsblatt abo seems to be more bad for them.
just got the information form one handelsblatt person, that they will now delete the direct order page too for the handelsblatt .

so hurry up if you want miles.

Last edited by derpelikan; Nov 10, 2004 at 6:04 am
Old Nov 10, 2004, 6:16 am

Presumably they will credit 12 though, rather than nothing, for those ordering more than 12?

And who's Mrs K?

Originally Posted by derpelikan
Just spoke to handelsblatt.

about the gutscheinheft. if you ordered more than 12 , you will not get it.
( they will only give out 12 because one year has only 12 month )

they got to many people ordering, actually some hundred people mrs k. told me.

and the handelsblatt abo seems to be more bad for them.
just got the information form one handelsblatt person, that they will now delete the direct order page too for the handelsblatt .

so hurry up if you want miles.
Old Nov 10, 2004, 6:22 am

you only get a max of 12 gutschein hefte

Originally Posted by Dakota
Presumably they will credit 12 though, rather than nothing, for those ordering more than 12?

And who's Mrs K?

as they have problems to get enough miles from miles and more. the woman told me, that they dont know if they can buy all the miles from miles and more.
so they are limiting the max order to 12 gutscheinheft.

you can only get more than 12, if you sent them a msg, that the other 12 for example if you ordered 24 are for you brother etc.
if not, they will only sent 12 to your home.

but anyway great deal, as i get my C Class upgrades on my christmas flights to germany from asia . this is quite nice. i will upgrade now.

thx HANDeLSBLATT!
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:03 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), Sixt Platinum, Hilton GOLD VIP, Steigenberger
Gutscheinhefte gone, but 13.000 Miles offer back?

I few seconds ago, I have been in the Handelsblatt section of the Lufthansa Miles & More site

http://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/de...299747,00.html

The offer for the Gutscheinhefte is gone, but the 13.000 Miles offer is back!

On the direct link for the Gutscheinhefte there is no Miles mentioned...

http://sap.vhb.de/psag/fn/abo/sfn/bu...gsh/index.html
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:22 am

Programs: LH HON+
Talking

Originally Posted by Winglet
I few seconds ago, I have been in the Handelsblatt section of the Lufthansa Miles & More site

http://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/de...299747,00.html

The offer for the Gutscheinhefte is gone, but the 13.000 Miles offer is back!

On the direct link for the Gutscheinhefte there is no Miles mentioned...

http://sap.vhb.de/psag/fn/abo/sfn/bu...gsh/index.html
yep, 13k offer back since last night, just ordered some more...seems to work fine...
Old Nov 12, 2004, 4:08 am

Programs: LH, UA, QF
Received confirmation/welcome letter for my subscription today. It does not mention the miles, though. Did anyone receive the same letter?
Old Nov 12, 2004, 4:47 am

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Originally Posted by skyrock
Received confirmation/welcome letter for my subscription today. It does not mention the miles, though. Did anyone receive the same letter?
Look into the "PS"-quote at the end, dude - there it says clearly: "The miles will be sent, when the money is on our account."
Old Nov 12, 2004, 4:48 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), Sixt Platinum, Hilton GOLD VIP, Steigenberger
Received confirmation with miles mentioned

Originally Posted by skyrock
Today I received a confirmation/welcome letter with a service card for my subscription and at the end of the letter the miles are mentioned with "P.S. Der Versand der Prämienmeilen erfolgt nach Zahlungseingang!" which means you get the award miles after payment.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 4:53 am

Programs: LH, UA, QF
Oops, I overlooked that. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.