Wiki Posts
Search

can I complain?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2007, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
can I complain?

I upgraded myself/freind with my mile on VIE - SIN in VIE Senator lounge, because we both like REALLY needed to work on the plane, but internet wasn't working(I asked in the lounge before doing the upgrade if it'll be ok, lounge girls did confirm), so basically there was no reason at all for me to upgrade, since it was my leasure trip... can I complain now? I understand that I got better seats and awesome food, but really can't see poing in doing it for now, since trip was a leasure ( advises? whom should I write to if there's a reason...? I had M class tickets and it costed me 65-000 each ticket to get upgrade. I'm not sorry for miles, but sorry that I couldn't get job done (
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by RussianGuy
I upgraded myself/freind with my mile on VIE - SIN in VIE Senator lounge, because we both like REALLY needed to work on the plane, but internet wasn't working(I asked in the lounge before doing the upgrade if it'll be ok, lounge girls did confirm), so basically there was no reason at all for me to upgrade, since it was my leasure trip... can I complain now? I understand that I got better seats and awesome food, but really can't see poing in doing it for now, since trip was a leasure ( advises? whom should I write to if there's a reason...? I had M class tickets and it costed me 65-000 each ticket to get upgrade. I'm not sorry for miles, but sorry that I couldn't get job done (
If all you needed was an internet connection, why not just stay in coach? If you're using the Connexion by Boeing, I think it has been discontinued. Of course, you're always free to complain, but I can't see you getting much compensation, for what is basically a minor matter.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:29 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
I can understand, why you are angry.

You have spent ten thousands of miles for an upgrade in order to work with internet andn power supply onboard and you got no internet onboard. However, internet by connexionbyboeing aka flynet stopped at the end of 2006. LH informed their passengers by email about this and it was widely discussed on FT.

Now, you can complain that the info from the lounge staff was incorrect and incompetent. Probably they will sent you a letter with explaining that flynet has discontinued and that LH - in general - cannot garantuee special services (such as new businessclass etc.). Perhaps the letter will along with some compensation miles for the wrong information, but I don't expect a "real" compensation compared to your investment of 130k miles. In this case, I do expect LH to react internally, which means that they inform their staff more accurately about the end of flynet, if this hasn't happened so far.

My guess are 2-5k miles, as you are FTL with LH.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:32 am
Original Poster

we both needed much more space, since we had three notebooks and internet conection was essential, because we had to get some information for our research via corporate website ;-((( I never been lied by lounge stuff and that was bothers me most ;-(
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:37 am
szg
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH(OS) HON, IC RA
I dont think, that you will get any compensation. I often flew longhaul flights and often the internet is not working. I always reclaimed this, but I didnt get any compensation.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 2:40 am
Original Poster

ok, will try then and will keep everybody in the loop on what will happen, qiestion is do I have to write austrian airlines or lufthansa miles and more and which country? Russia where I stared my jorney and bought the tickets or Austria/Germany respectivly ) thanks to everyone, forgot to say HAPPY NEW YEAR all ;-) regards!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Hmmm...

Let me see...

I used my e-vouchers to get upgraded between FRA - SIN too in anticipation for the new seats in Business class.

Upon boarding, I realised that this was not the case. Can I get my e-vouchers back?

No.

LH's contract was to get your from point A to point B. Flying in Business Class was the deal. Old seats or new.

So you opted for an upgrade whihc was approved. By the time you got to the airport, your economy class seat would most probably have been given away or sold. Which meant that OS would have to put you in Business Class anyway as there would have been no seat for you.

You of course did not tell us if you volunteered to be downgraded back to economy class. And if you did, then you would be able your miles back.

But in all fairness, NO. You should not even complain...

What if you got on board, and the internet isn't working...? You want to complain then? And ask for your miles back?

Please be realistic !
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:17 am
Original Poster

thanks for advise on reality, BUT...

1) upgrade has been done AT THE *G LOUNGE in Vienna airport ONE HOUR before the flight started, I had valid coach economy calss seats on me issued in Moscow

2) I asked lounge girls if we'll be able to work on exactly that flight using the internet and they confirmed and I asked for possible upgared only after that

... and please be realistic and carefully read what people are asking here ) thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by RussianGuy
thanks for advise on reality, BUT...

1) upgrade has been done AT THE *G LOUNGE in Vienna airport ONE HOUR before the flight started, I had valid coach economy calss seats on me issued in Moscow

2) I asked lounge girls if we'll be able to work on exactly that flight using the internet and they confirmed and I asked for possible upgared only after that

... and please be realistic and carefully read what people are asking here ) thanks.
If you asked in the lounge if there was Steak for dinner on board- and that option had run out by the time they got to you- would you also be complaining?

LH offer(ed) Boeing Connexion, but they are not the owners or maintain the satelites, therefore it is out of their control. They have the on board equipement but cannot ensure the provider has the satelites "pointed" in the right direction. I had two flights with LH in the past two weeks and both times the system was not operating- .S%&T happens!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:45 am

Programs: LH FTL (*S), AA, Sixt Plat, bahn.comfort
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
LH offer(ed) Boeing Connexion, but they are not the owners or maintain the satelites, therefore it is out of their control. They have the on board equipement but cannot ensure the provider has the satelites "pointed" in the right direction. I had two flights with LH in the past two weeks and both times the system was not operating- .S%&T happens!
The difference is that ConnexionbyBoeing is not longer active. Thus, it was not bad luck and not under LH's control, it was simply an incompetent and wrong answer from a lounge warden that led to a mis-investment of 130k miles. And that's something, you can complain about in my opinion (but you shouldn't expect too much).
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by bau31888
The difference is that ConnexionbyBoeing is not longer active. Thus, it was not bad luck and not under LH's control, it was simply an incompetent and wrong answer from a lounge warden that led to a mis-investment of 130k miles. And that's something, you can complain about in my opinion (but you shouldn't expect too much).
IF the OP took a flight after Jan 1 , then I can see the point....

however, every good FTer knew that the service was gone Jan 1.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
It's utterly unrealistic to assume that service staff working for any airline would have the slightest clue about the service offered by the airline they are working for.

If it was realistic to assume that these "customer service professionals" had any reliable knowledge about customer service issues, a huge part of FlyerTalk would be obsolete. Instead of finding our information here, we'd simply pick up the phone, call the airline and ask a CS representative for definitive answers to all our service issues.

Of course, we don't do that, because we know (from bad experience) that asking airline employees about matters regarding their job is often a waste of time and money, as you'll get 4 different answers when asking 4 different agents (and you'll still have a decent chance that none of the 4 answers is correct). Instead, we are keeping FT alive and kicking.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by flysurfer
It's utterly unrealistic to assume that service staff working for any airline would have the slightest clue about the service offered by the airline they are working for.

If it was realistic to assume that these "customer service professionals" had any reliable knowledge about customer service issues, a huge part of FlyerTalk would be obsolete. Instead of finding our information here, we'd simply pick up the phone, call the airline and ask a CS representative for definitive answers to all our service issues.

Of course, we don't do that, because we know (from bad experience) that asking airline employees about matters regarding their job is often a waste of time and money, as you'll get 4 different answers when asking 4 different agents (and you'll still have a decent chance that none of the 4 answers is correct). Instead, we are keeping FT alive and kicking.
couldn't have put it in better words ! ^
if i considered making some noise everytime an airline employee is telling me bollocks, that is what would become my main occupation.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:57 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
anyway, afaik internet on board has never been activated on OS operated flights (although some planes have the equipment installed).
so the info you got from the lounge staff was definitely wrong if you have been on an OS plane.
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer

It is even unrealistic these days to assume that somebody on the phone handling calls for an airline actually works for an airline...those employees are picked of the streets in Turkey, India or South Africa and are trained to handle certain issues in a couple of days....

Based on their training course they indeed provide one with several different answers...

Back to the OT. I do not think that excess to the internet is a perk that automatically comes with an upgrade to C.

BTW, did you fly OS VIE-SIN ? Or did you fly Russia-VIE-FRA-SIN ??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.