Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
If you want to introduce a new System, I propose the following:

FCL and FCT: HON and First Class,
SEN Lounges: HON, First Class and SEN
FQT Lounges: * Gold, C-Class and FQT.

Cheers
Thomas
i remember that this was proposed in some other thread a while ago and quiet frankly i think this would be an ideal solution...
Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:33 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
well

anyway,

i couldnt care about this less, as my homeairport is not germany .

if LH offers the Leberkaese in the FTL lounge i will be happy to go to there as the only reason to enter the SEN Lounge is that i am a Leberkaese addict.

dp

p.s LH should get real business class domestic and european seats for their business class pax.

get rid of the RIP off C seats.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:36 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Originally Posted by derpelikan
(...)p.s LH should get real business class domestic and european seats for their business class pax.
(...)
What is the problem with the current C seats on a typical 90 minutes flight?

I can't care less about this.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
What is the problem with the current C seats on a typical 90 minutes flight?

I can't care less about this.
I actually like the new LH seats - and the space they offer for storing stuff due to the free middle seat. It's much more inconvenient/difficult to store things (while keeping them accessible from your seat) in UA domestic F, and the seat pitch isn't that much better, either.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:04 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by flysurfer
I actually like the new LH seats - and the space they offer for storing stuff due to the free middle seat. It's much more inconvenient/difficult to store things (while keeping them accessible from your seat) in UA domestic F, and the seat pitch isn't that much better, either.
Yeah the new seat is quite okay. It's much more easy now to get some work done even on a short hop. ^ Would love to see a better seat pitch but as SleepOverGreenland pointed out it doesn't really matter on a 60-90 min flight and it is even quite survivable on a 2 or 2,5 hour trip like MUC-LIS.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:08 am

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
90mins

yes, sure you can sit 90mins in business in eco seats.
well now they have new seats.

and most people need flexible tickets, but they could change the seats to a nice seat for more comfort.

because the flight is short doesnt mean you deserve something better than a Y seat.

dp
Old Sep 20, 2006, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
but they could change the seats to a nice seat for more comfort. because the flight is short doesnt mean you deserve something better than a Y seat.dp
Most likely they cannot. Most birds are on short trips and sometimes even commuting between two airports (eg. TXL - DUS). They need plenty seats in front of the curtain before 8 am, less later and hardly any C-Class seats at lunchtime.

As I prefer to fly on a profitable and reliable airline (and not on some Phuket Airlines or even worse UA) I accept that the carrier knows how to make business and keep its fleet in a good shape. And I fancy if more of my fare is spend for safety and less on comfort on my typical 40 to 60 minutes hops,
Old Sep 20, 2006, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I accept that the carrier knows how to make business and keep its fleet in a good shape. And I fancy if more of my fare is spend for safety and less on comfort on my typical 40 to 60 minutes hops,
^ couldnt agree more, the free middle seat is a good compromise of giving the pax more space and the carrier more flexibility. everybody wins! well not weero of course
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:46 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by sentom
...everybody wins! well not weero of course
What's that supposed to mean? On the rare occasion, I travel D on LH within
Europe, even I get an empty middle seat.
That is if I do not end up on one of those Geneva-convention-disrespecting
filthy, old aircraft.

The LH crews and systems only bar me from non-guaranteed benefits ...
Old Sep 20, 2006, 11:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN , Hilton Diamond, NH Platinum
What can we do on the E+ benefits? well every FTer should stop using UA, i mean which reason would be left to fly UA in economy ? the bad food, the no P-TV? the bad service??? well maybe the price....
but in my eyes on the most important routes there is always a better option than UA.

You are so right. Only reason for me to fly from DTW to FRA (with stop in IAD)with UA was the E+ seat. Now my money will go to other airlines...
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:24 pm

Programs: NorthSails | Starboard | ION
I also do like the new seats... but disagree on the pitch. It would have been great if LH had put a little extra room in the first three rows (the SEN rows) @:-)
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I just had an interesting conversation with a friend at LH.
He had dinner with a couple of directors at UA and they told him that the E+ seating benefit would be reinstated soon for *G/*S pax.

To be honest though, he did not quite believe it and told me: "Let's wait and see, what really happens?". I guess he knows UA ...

If so, we might have to reconsider letting UA Golds back into the SEN lounge ...
Old Sep 20, 2006, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by WindFlyer
I also do like the new seats... but disagree on the pitch. It would have been great if LH had put a little extra room in the first three rows (the SEN rows) @:-)
Actually, the front rows (all those that could possibly become C on certain flights) have more pitch than those in the back.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 5:33 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Maybe I was not clear. Yes, I mean the current (and new) C seats: the 2006 model.

They are very convenient for a short hop and the free middle seat offers me the personal space I like most. Free middle seat however was introduced long before and was a good decision to upgrade shorthaul business class.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SleepOverGreenland
Maybe I was not clear. Yes, I mean the current (and new) C seats: the 2006 model.

They are very convenient for a short hop and the free middle seat offers me the personal space I like most. Free middle seat however was introduced long before and was a good decision to upgrade shorthaul business class.
Thank you for repeating exactly what I said.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.