FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   No more UA Golds in SEN lounges.... (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/601442-no-more-ua-golds-sen-lounges.html)

Flying Lawyer Sep 13, 2006 3:01 pm

No more UA Golds in SEN lounges....

I started a similar thread some months ago comparing the quality of RCC with SEN Lounges. I was more or less stoned by some UA fans who referred to reciprocal benefits like the Economy plus on UA. From the Star Alliance Forum I take that this is officially abolished.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599682

I liked the arguments of a BD person of this wonderful airline:

I am sorry you are disappointed with our eligibility changes for a seat assignment in the Economy Plus section of our Economy cabins. United believes our Mileage Plus elite customers and Economy Plus Access members should be rewarded for their loyalty and their purchase decision with products and services we offer exclusively to them. Important to them is first access to pre-assigned seating in Economy Plus. This section of our Economy cabin guarantees a seat with 5 inches of additional legroom and greater seat pitch. We have done this to ensure we meet United's elite customers' expectations.

Your business is important to us as well. For your future travels, please know that on the day of departure you may be given the option to purchase an upgrade to an Economy Plus seat, if available. If you prefer to secure advance seating in Economy Plus, you may be interested in our Economy Plus Access program. For more information and to sign-up for one of the offers, please visit our web site at www.united.com/epaccess. While seat assignments are not guaranteed, we will make every effort to honor our Access members' requests.

We appreciate this opportunity to respond and look forward to serving you.

Regards,

Edison Chirom
United Airlines Customer Relations
and I know how LH should start the reciprocal response:

I am sorry you are disappointed with our eligibility changes for lounge access for United Airlines Customers. Lufthansa believes our Senator customers and First Class guests should be rewarded for their loyalty and their purchase decision with products and services we offer exclusively to them. Important to them is first access to the Senator lounges. This section of our lounge guarantees free alcohol and great snacks. We have done this to ensure we meet Lufthansa's elite customers' expectations. You are not used to it from your carrier anyway.

Your business is important to us as well. For your future travels, please know that on the day of departure you may be given the option to purchase lounge access, if available. If you prefer to secure advance access to the Senator lounge, you may be interested to enroll in Miles & More. For more information and to sign-up for one of the offers, please visit our web site at www.miles-and-more.de.

Regards
The Wolf
I would love to see that. And UA fans, please don't shout at me. Shout at this Ex-Chapter-11-Carrier scorning the ideas of the alliance. I am sure about one thing: No more UA flights but it will be AA in future.

Cheers
T.

Rambuster Sep 13, 2006 3:33 pm

If UA had E+ in a separate cabin with better seats such as BA's WT+ I would totally agree. With the current changes they are just trying to make additional money. I guess it will backfire, at least with *G pax. Now there is no more reason to fly UA in Y (not that I do anyway... :D )

weero Sep 13, 2006 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
..I was more or less stoned by some UA fans who referred to reciprocal benefits like the Economy plus on UA..

So it felt so good to be 'stoned' that you need the experience again and again.
You can get it easier with less flame wars in say .. Amsterdam :D .

Not sure what position to hold but as I have been identified as greedy and selfish
(The Flymaster thaught me), I probably loved to see both: no more SEN lounge access
for *Gs and no more E+ for *Gs either. After all when HONs are denied access to
the RCC why should they be allowed into E+ :) .

After one more happy SQ experience - being the untermensch of grade epsilon-
for half a day as a *G ... why should LH and UA give their peers any goodies at all?

But with the degree of cohabitation LH and UA celebrate, I find it a tad cruel
that this is happening now.
3 days ago, the FAQ still listed *Gs as being eligible. Now them and the
full fares are gone :eek: .

weero Sep 13, 2006 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
..Now there is no more reason to fly UA in Y (not that I do anyway... :D )

IFE being the last one.
And the alcohol-free environment!
Plus no danger of tooth paste stains in the lavs and the seats...

Flying Lawyer Sep 13, 2006 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by weero
IFE being the last one.
And the alcohol-free environment!
Plus no danger of tooth paste stains in the lavs and the seats...

^ ^ ^

AJLondon Sep 13, 2006 5:06 pm

Let alone SEN lounges, I'd keep them out of the FTL lounges too.

Just give them a voucher for a sundae from one of the airport ice-cream vendors I say. :D ;)

andre1970 Sep 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by weero
(...) no more SEN lounge access for *Gs and no more E+ for *Gs either.

Agree with weero and AJ! And to outbid my friend weero in selfishness and greed, I can only sardonically cachinnate at the sight of the alliance falling apart... I got nothing to lose, afterall: It is already a fact that in order to have some chances to be treated humanly by a given airline, you must have some status with their own FFP. Let alone the value of my (now redundant) 3 *G cards which can only increase under this scenario :rolleyes:

curt Sep 14, 2006 1:42 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Let alone SEN lounges, I'd keep them out of the FTL lounges too.

Just give them a voucher for a sundae from one of the airport ice-cream vendors I say. :D ;)

Yup, that'll replicate the RCC feeling anyway... They are used to it. :D :D :D

curt Sep 14, 2006 2:13 am

SQ already retaliated... :p :p

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601502

treadsoftly Sep 14, 2006 2:19 am

Are we witnessing the beginning of the end of Star Alliance as we know it?

SleepOverGreenland Sep 14, 2006 2:25 am

Well, I could even see it working in this direction:

I am sorry you are disappointed with our eligibility offering no upgrades anymore for United Airlines Customers. Lufthansa believes our HON customer, Senator customers and FTL customers should be rewarded for their loyalty and their purchase decision with products and services we offer exclusively to them. Important to them is first upgrade availability from ECO cabin into our great BIZ cabin, as well as upgrade availibility from our BIZ cabin into the much better F cabin. This section of our upgrade policy guarantees better availbility to our honoured customers. We have done this to ensure we meet Lufthansa's elite customers' expectations. You are not used to such great BIZ and F cabins and services from your carrier anyway, since you should already be aware with our slogan: There is no better way to fly.

Your business is important to us as well. For your future travels, please know that you can always buy full fare C tickets and F tickets in order enjoy our multiple-times-awarded services on board. On the day of departure you may be given the option to purchase upgrades for as little as 1500$, if available. Price depends on destinaton. If you prefer to secure advanced upgrades for miles or eVouchers in the future, you may be interested to enroll in Miles & More. For more information and to sign-up for one of the offers, please visit our web site at www.miles-and-more.de.

Regards
The Wolf
:D

flysurfer Sep 14, 2006 2:42 am

Originally Posted by treadsoftly
Are we witnessing the beginning of the end of Star Alliance as we know it?

LOL! That happened years ago, when bancruptcy, nickel&diming and "enhancements" took over.

Let's look at the great UA again. They promised "service enhancements" for the time after Chapter 11. They promised to reward their loyal customers who stuck with them during bankruptcy. Everything was supposed to become better.

So far, those "enhancements" are:

• limited *A award availability for MP members
• Business class awards book in Y (X) on SQ metal connecting flights
• incereased redemption levels for award flights
• no more free food in "Premium Service" (P.S.) Y
• no more free E+ access for high-yield customers (Y, B etc.), MP standard awards and elites from other *A members
• more TED routes

In other words: weero is doomed. :cool:

AJLondon Sep 14, 2006 2:53 am

Originally Posted by curt
Yup, that'll replicate the RCC feeling anyway... They are used to it. :D :D :D

Exactly! And to make it even closer to home for them we could ask the ice-cream vendor to start demanding tips too! :D :D

totti Sep 14, 2006 3:10 am

I agree with you Flying Lawyer and AJ. I had some UA flights in the last weeks and I'll try to avoid them in future at any price. When traveling across the US I'd prefer AAnother airline in future.

totti Sep 14, 2006 3:11 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
Exactly! And to make it even closer to home for them we could ask the ice-cream vendor to start demanding tips too! :D :D

:D :D :D