Wiki Posts
Search

FRA and buses

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:13 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
We have

And believe me or not: At least for Schengen or domestic flights I like the bus gate. It is much more convenient than A38 and it save a lot of rambling in that huge airport. Arriving at the domestic bus gate brings me into a suburban train or into a taxi shortly after arrival (at the busgate).
Good point. ^
I thought before Im the only one who is happy about a short bus transfer rather than a 15 min walk with carry-on.

Last edited by DUSFRA; Aug 29, 2006 at 1:16 pm Reason: misspelling
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH, BA, DL
Originally Posted by Oldthinker
The obvious, and arguably less attractive, alternative would be walking from a bus gate all the way to the plane...
They used to do that in CPT before the new terminal was built when the bird was parked very close to the gate ... it was quite nice to walk up to that giant 747 and then climb the stairs, particularly when climbing more stairs than most other pax
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
Come on! Yes boarding a 747 with buses can be very painful.

But I dont mind taking buses SOMETIMES, but only on Shorthaul and up to midsize planes (So no A321 or bigger).
I prefer to be bused to the central area than getting loaded off at Gate A40.
(Much faster).
I do not prefer to go to the Lounge at A26 and than go back to A1 to get bussed.
They could improve the buses a bit:
Seperate Bus for Business-class passengers. (Why do I sit in the first rows to get out fast when all busses wait until the last eco-pax as collected all his personal belongings and snailed down the stairs).

I made good experience in MAD with that - even on domestic IB-Flights!

Beeing bussed to a longhaul flight is a pain, but happened to me on other airports as well.
I've had to use a bus gate at Hong Kong's current airport a few times. I was surprised, I guess it's for overflow or something.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:43 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Oldthinker
The obvious, and arguably less attractive, alternative would be walking from a bus gate all the way to the plane...
I prefer the bus over the painful death but not over walking.
Ok, it depends on the distance but any reasonable walk is better than being
penned into a smelly bus.
In BKK for the FRA flight we once had to walk to the ac - very nice lady at the
'gate' showed me a bright dot of light at the horizon of the tarmac and explained
to me that I should/could walk there as the bus was not ready.
At first I though that she oughta be kidding but then decided to venture across
the field to see the dot grow into a 747. Really enjoyed it, would take it any day
over a ride - thunderstorm weather excluded.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by flysurfer
..Btw, for their on-time statistics, do airlines count the moment of touch-down or the arrival time at the gate?
You reckon that number is actually measured somehow and not mere fiction from
the PR department?
I am simply wondering as ZRH once praised itself for being 'on time' ... whatever
that shall mean in the case of an airport - 'already there' when the flight arrives ?
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
..And believe me or not: At least for Schengen or domestic flights I like the bus gate. It is much more convenient than A38..
I believe you that you prefer the Mercedes limousine or Cayenne shuttle over
the walk from A38 .
Old Aug 29, 2006, 1:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by weero
I believe you that you prefer the Mercedes limousine or Cayenne shuttle over the walk from A38 .
Pssst!
But I still remember the old days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.