Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Running a DVD-drive during flight

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:47 pm
txl
Original Poster

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Running a DVD-drive during flight

Hello,

there were announcements on LH flights asking passengers not to operate any laser products during the whole flight. I don't remember having heard this request in a while - but am not sure... Can I run the DVD-drive in my laptop during a flight?
Thanks for your input!

-txl.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Originally Posted by txl
Hello,

there were announcements on LH flights asking passengers not to operate any laser products during the whole flight. I don't remember having heard this request in a while - but am not sure... Can I run the DVD-drive in my laptop during a flight?
Thanks for your input!

-txl.
Never heard it before and I always watch dvds on the laptop...

its even a thing that had been claered years ago ...
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:52 pm
txl
Original Poster

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Never heard it before and I always watch dvds on the laptop...

its even a thing that had been claered years ago ...
thought so...

Thanks roundtheworld !
Old Aug 3, 2006, 1:52 pm

can't see it being a problem given that some airlines actually give out personal dvd players to C class pax when there is no inflight entertainment fitted. You shouldn't use things that transmit such as wireless, bluetooth or infra-red.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by allanhuk
..You shouldn't use things that transmit such as wireless, bluetooth or infra-red.
Unless they can sell it to you in the form of FlyNet ....
Old Aug 3, 2006, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by allanhuk
can't see it being a problem given that some airlines actually give out personal dvd players to C class pax when there is no inflight entertainment fitted. You shouldn't use things that transmit such as wireless, bluetooth or infra-red.
What on earth could IR do to affect the operation of an aircraft? I can't even recall IR being disallowed, I think the announcements just mention stuff that use radio transmitters and receivers.
Old Aug 3, 2006, 6:54 pm

I remember that years ago that actually used to be a rule, that they did not want you to use laser operated products, but I have not heard that in a while and actually afaik LH hands out DVD players to passengers on the PrivatAir business plane.

In addition to that I have seen a lot of people use laptops to watch DVDs on planes and never was there a FA who told them not to, so I would just go ahead.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 2:35 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Always watch DVD with my PC or a personal DVD player. Never had problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.