FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Running a DVD-drive during flight (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/586345-running-dvd-drive-during-flight.html)

txl Aug 3, 2006 1:47 pm

Running a DVD-drive during flight

Hello,

there were announcements on LH flights asking passengers not to operate any laser products during the whole flight. I don't remember having heard this request in a while - but am not sure... Can I run the DVD-drive in my laptop during a flight? :)
Thanks for your input!

-txl.

roundtheworld Aug 3, 2006 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by txl
Hello,

there were announcements on LH flights asking passengers not to operate any laser products during the whole flight. I don't remember having heard this request in a while - but am not sure... Can I run the DVD-drive in my laptop during a flight? :)
Thanks for your input!

-txl.

Never heard it before and I always watch dvds on the laptop...

its even a thing that had been claered years ago ...

txl Aug 3, 2006 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
Never heard it before and I always watch dvds on the laptop...

its even a thing that had been claered years ago ...

:p thought so...

Thanks roundtheworld !

allanhuk Aug 3, 2006 1:52 pm

can't see it being a problem given that some airlines actually give out personal dvd players to C class pax when there is no inflight entertainment fitted. You shouldn't use things that transmit such as wireless, bluetooth or infra-red.

weero Aug 3, 2006 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by allanhuk
..You shouldn't use things that transmit such as wireless, bluetooth or infra-red.

Unless they can sell it to you in the form of FlyNet :D ....

Deimos Aug 3, 2006 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by allanhuk
can't see it being a problem given that some airlines actually give out personal dvd players to C class pax when there is no inflight entertainment fitted. You shouldn't use things that transmit such as wireless, bluetooth or infra-red.

What on earth could IR do to affect the operation of an aircraft? :confused: I can't even recall IR being disallowed, I think the announcements just mention stuff that use radio transmitters and receivers.

florianbrenn Aug 3, 2006 6:54 pm

I remember that years ago that actually used to be a rule, that they did not want you to use laser operated products, but I have not heard that in a while and actually afaik LH hands out DVD players to passengers on the PrivatAir business plane.

In addition to that I have seen a lot of people use laptops to watch DVDs on planes and never was there a FA who told them not to, so I would just go ahead.

Yoshi DUS Aug 4, 2006 2:35 am

Always watch DVD with my PC or a personal DVD player. Never had problems.