Community
Wiki Posts
Search

poll: LH F in 744

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by FtlAOI
Actually I don't really get your point.
Again: All planes with new C have identical IFE functions in C and F.

But you can't access the functions w/o a touch screen in F, because there's no remote. So you should care about the touch control.

If there's a plane out there that has new C and AVOD but no AVOD in F, I'd like to know about that (type and registration), because that would be an unusual exception some pax might want to avoid.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by etch5895
Quick question...Dollar for Dollar (or Euro for Euro), is first class on LH significantly better than business on a long haul flight? I've flown business before, and it was nice. Looking on the LH website, other than a slightly more comfortable looking seat, I don't see enough difference in First to warrant a lot of extra money. Any thoughts?
you really hijacked "my" thread with your question

IMHO the F seat is far better than the C seat, even new C! At least for me it is much more easy to catch some sleep in F compared to C. But on a day flight C is absolutely okay and if there is flynet I am absolutely happy to be in C.

But back to my original question. I can understand that some of you find the UD more exclusive. But from my last BA and CX F experience in the front of the main deck I can tell you that you have a lot of privacy as well ^ And btw the cabin feels much more spacious on the main deck compared to UD.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:02 am

Programs: LH Sen
Originally Posted by flysurfer
If there's a plane out there that has new C and AVOD but no AVOD in F, I'd like to know about that (type and registration), because that would be an unusual exception some pax might want to avoid.
On my last flight in F MUC-JFK I experienced exactly this case (was 1,5 months ago):
new C. F with the old system. No touch screen and you were only provided with these old small tapes. I was wondering whether this is an exception or not and asked the purser. He told that there are still some birds out which have new C but old entertainment system in F.
I did complain about this and LH's answer was that it will take some more time (very precise) until all the planes with new C will be having a new IFE in F.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:04 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
So to justify your "not true" comment: You have been on a LH plane with new C IFE and old (analog) F IFE? Do you remember the type and registration/name?
No, I haven't. I did not know that the new (same size screed) F IFE had increased resolution on top of the touch screen (not because I don't see very well but because I flew C and did not discuss resolution with the FA). That certainly means F and C IFE are not as far apart in quality as I thought - even though the C screen is significantly larger (and if you have a bulkhead seat, is still reasonably close). BTW, is the IFE more reliable in new F than in new C?
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LH_Fan
BTW, is the IFE more reliable in new F than in new C?
As still pointed out by CubaLibre there is no new F right now!!!!! New F will be introduced much likely with the A380! It's only the IFE they are talking about.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by LH_Fan
BTW, is the IFE more reliable in new F than in new C?
Since it's identical and most likely running from the same server, anyway, I don't think there's any difference.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by totti
As still pointed out by CubaLibre there is no new F right now!!!!! New F will be introduced much likely with the A380! It's only the IFE they are talking about.
I didn't know you had a patent on the wording "new F".
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:14 am

Programs: LH, BA, DL
Thanks for clarifying. That's what I meant.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:19 am
Original Poster

I didn't know you had a patent on the wording "new F".
^ this is a good one flysurfer I'll sell my patent rights if you are interested...
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

^ this is a good one flysurfer I'll sell my patent rights if you are interested...
You can trade it for my patent on "enhanced F", the term we used in previous discussions of this topic. It's too long, "new F" is easier. Especially since the real "new F" keeps getting pushed into the future due to Airbus incompetence.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 10:49 am

"new F", "enhanced F", "old F" whatever...

I like the F cabin in the UD for its privacy and most of the times I have been flying in F in a 744 I travelled together with someone so I saw it as an advantage to have two seats together and someone sitting at the window.

The only thing I dont like with F in the 744 is that it looks a little bid old fashioned (especially when you look at this 80s style monitor) especially compared to the A330.

Normally I dont like to sit at the window but in F where you have enough space to get up without disturbing your neighbour I like to sit at the window. When travelling alone the A340/A330 is great with its single seats but when travelling together I prefer the 744 and the UD.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: AA, DL Gold, UA Gold, HHonors Gold
you really hijacked "my" thread with your question

IMHO the F seat is far better than the C seat, even new C! At least for me it is much more easy to catch some sleep in F compared to C. But on a day flight C is absolutely okay and if there is flynet I am absolutely happy to be in C.

But back to my original question. I can understand that some of you find the UD more exclusive. But from my last BA and CX F experience in the front of the main deck I can tell you that you have a lot of privacy as well ^ And btw the cabin feels much more spacious on the main deck compared to UD.
Yeah, after seeing the number of responses, maybe it would have been better to start a new thread. Hopefully some of the responses gave you some insight into your issues, in a roundabout way.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:33 pm

Programs: LH and BA
Since it's identical and most likely running from the same server, anyway, I don't think there's any difference.
WEll at least in the beginning it happend that on 744 with new C the IFE in F would not work ...
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by roundtheworld
WEll at least in the beginning it happend that on 744 with new C the IFE in F would not work ...
Do you remember (m)any recent IFE related incidents on LH planes in new C and enh. F? I wouldn't notice, because I don't use it, so I wonder if the initial problems have finally been solved.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 2:49 pm

Do you remember (m)any recent IFE related incidents on LH planes in new C and enh. F? I wouldn't notice, because I don't use it, so I wonder if the initial problems have finally been solved.
everytime i was in "new F" i had no problems with the IFE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.