Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot claim missing mileage online with paper ticket on non LH stock

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
Cannot claim missing mileage online with paper ticket on non LH stock

I have a missing flight from last month and thought it would be pretty straightforward to submit my missing mileage request online. I travelled on a Lufthansa flight on a Lufthansa plane (it was not a codeshare) with a paper ticket, I have the ticket and the boarding pass and I did have my miles and more number in the booking.

However the site only allows you to enter ticket numbers that were issued on Lufthansa stock (220). In my case since the flight was issued on SAS paper (117) I cannot claim online. I emailed Miles and More and they said that they could only deal with it via standard mail (they won't even accept a Fax!) Is this a Standard thing with LH?, has anybody else had this problem?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by swintonowl
I have a missing flight from last month and thought it would be pretty straightforward to submit my missing mileage request online. I travelled on a Lufthansa flight on a Lufthansa plane (it was not a codeshare) with a paper ticket, I have the ticket and the boarding pass and I did have my miles and more number in the booking.

However the site only allows you to enter ticket numbers that were issued on Lufthansa stock (220). In my case since the flight was issued on SAS paper (117) I cannot claim online. I emailed Miles and More and they said that they could only deal with it via standard mail (they won't even accept a Fax!) Is this a Standard thing with LH?, has anybody else had this problem?
Yes, this is a standard thing. The ticket is the definitive record of which fare class you paid to fly, and they can only access their own tickets electronically. Everything else has to be cross checked with the carrier that issued the ticket. This is no different to most other mileage programmes.

Try contacting the Miles and More service centre in Hounslow, UK. The address and details should appear on some letters from Miles and More if you are a UK-registered member. You may find they will accept fax copies of the ticket receipt. At the very least, I have found that things I send there by post tend to get handled faster than sending them to the main Miles and More centre in Verl, Germany.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.