Wiki Posts
Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Rambuster
I'll take 83H any day ...and I have taken this seat many times in the past. The drinks cart is not a problem whatsoever.
+1
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
My wife dislikes 83 H,K because of the FAs using the drinks station frequently just in front of you. Too much "action".
You could always get a new wife, one that doesn't complain about too much "action".

Last edited by SFO777; Nov 2, 2010 at 4:56 pm
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
You could always get a new wife, one that does't complain about too much action.
I'm only just talking about an airplane seat here!

Like I said, she feels that way so perhaps another woman may feel the same. Who knows.
I don't mind, she does - so we don't sit there.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:53 pm

Sorry, but I'd say that's a load of rubbish (sorry to be harsh) ... I'll take 83H any day ...and I have taken this seat many times in the past. The drinks cart is not a problem whatsoever.
Come on, give me a break here - I'm just giving an opinion, which is what the poster is asking for! Isn't that why we all post on here?
My thoughts are a load of rubbish?
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:09 pm

My preference is always 83AC, then 83 HK. The only row i dislike is 84, there is too much noise from the galley.
One of the disadvantages of 83: it is more popular, so you are more likely to end up with a seat neighbor than in the other rows.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Another vote for 83AC...I've got these seats for a flight next summer for my brother and I.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:42 am

Programs: LH, Avis, Hyatt, ...
Sorry, but I'd say that's a load of rubbish (sorry to be harsh) ... I'll take 83H any day ...and I have taken this seat many times in the past. The drinks cart is not a problem whatsoever.
Actually when I was sitting once in 83A an unexpected and heavy turbulence pushed almost all of the bottles from the cart. Luckily nobody got injured, but the women in 83H got flooded by a mixture of reds and whites possible with some shots of champagne. She was not amused. Since then 83H would be my last choice.

To the OP: When travelling with my wife I almost always decide for row 82. No problem to go out from the window seat IMHO. As a single traveller I usually vote for 83A however.

Well, sometimes upgrades only clear very late. Then I happily take any of the remaining free seats.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:19 pm

Thanks everyone. We took 83A and C for now. One question, can you put things on the floor or under the seats in front? If the floor has to stay clear and the seat in front is too far away to use, we might switch back. We tend to keep lots of junk with us and the overhead space is said to be limited.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by mshaikun
One question, can you put things on the floor or under the seats in front?
nope!

but even if you swith to a different row, there is no storage on the seat in front, its just a plane little "wall"...

there is space behind the seat though as long as its not fully reclined, that where i usually keep my stuff until i go to sleep...
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks everyone. We took 83A and C for now. One question, can you put things on the floor or under the seats in front? If the floor has to stay clear and the seat in front is too far away to use, we might switch back. We tend to keep lots of junk with us and the overhead space is said to be limited.
Not in front, but you can use the area behind your seat between the seat and the mini-wall in front of row 84... although not when you want to lie flat.
But, the seat itself has a variety of storage compartments.

Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:57 pm

Good to know. Maybe this will force us to be better organized and neater.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
LH 747 seating

I'm flying on LH for the first time in biz and am wondering if my seat is too close to the galley or should I choose one all the way in the back of the cabin instead? My seat is 12H and there is not another aisle seat farther forward but I could go to the back-will that be quieter? Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Flyingfox
Come on, give me a break here - I'm just giving an opinion, which is what the poster is asking for! Isn't that why we all post on here?
My thoughts are a load of rubbish?
No , your thoughts are spot on. 83 HK are the worst seats .
Old Nov 4, 2010, 12:12 am

Thre is a big storage area next to the stairs (just to the right when you walk up). This is where all the bigger pieces go. It is mall and long - running alongside with the stairs.Difficult to access during the flight.
Regular size wheeled carry ons don't fit in the overhead bins. Even big laptop bags are too big. The space below the seat in front of you is actually a fairly narrow drawer, manily used for blankets.
There is a fairly large space in the armrest (big enough for a few books and a laptop - bigger for the aisle seats).

As long as you don't need access during the flight there is enough space in the back for anything you can potentially carry upstairs.
And if you plan to access it during the flight just tell the crew and they will put it in last.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 5:07 am

Great information. I am going to stay with 83A and C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.