Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:36 pm

Done! I switched all my seats to either 1A or 1K

You learn something new everyday ... I've always chosen either 2A or 2K based on seatguru's recommendation!

Originally Posted by afmiami
1 A is good, the only issue is that you cannot keep your hand baggage handy during take-off or landing, but you have the closet in the nose of the plane right in front of you, so no big deal.
Personally, I actually like the first row of LH747. Privacy, and as said before, ease of getting in-out also from the window seat
Old Oct 25, 2010, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
A321 seat map and BEY

Hi,

I was wondering about a seat row on LH3519 to BEY.

Row 8 is only ACF with no D. I assume there is a crew seat in 8D.

However is this an exit row or is the exit behind the row?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 4:53 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6501
Hi,

I was wondering about a seat row on LH3519 to BEY.

Row 8 is only ACF with no D. I assume there is a crew seat in 8D.

However is this an exit row or is the exit behind the row?
Have you checked LH's seatmap for B321 and the seating thread in this forum?

Row 8 is in front of the exit door.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sorry but as the flight is tomorrow early morning, we are 7 passengers travelling as a group and trying to seat us all together I don't really have time to search.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:10 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Sorry but as the flight is tomorrow early morning, we are 7 passengers travelling as a group and trying to seat us all together I don't really have time to search.
You don't have to do any search. If you click the link I provided above you will see the seatmap on lufthansa.com. Check post #11 of the seating thread for more details.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Before posting this, I would have had to make a search to have the answer.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:16 am

Before posting this, I would have had to make a search to have the answer.
So what was your question?
Whether row 8 is an exit row?
Haven't I answered it in post #2?
Old Oct 25, 2010, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Before posting this thread!
Old Oct 25, 2010, 7:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Before posting this thread!
So you thought it would have been quicker to start a new thread, post a question and wait for responses, rather than spend 2 minutes for a brief search to find the answers? I would suspect that searching would have been quicker, but each to their own.

And this is on a day so busy for you, that you've got time to also make posts about bmi aircraft getting a re-paint? Those few minutes could have been used to find the answer could they not?

NewbieRunner was trying to help you. You could at least have the courtesy to say thanks rather than rolling your eyes in their direction.

Finally, I hope that you have found the information that you required and that you have a good flight tomorrow.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:02 pm

Advice needed on LH FC seating in 747-400

I have never flown Lufthansa before and lucked into FC seats on LH 419/LH418 from IAD to FRA and back. There are four rows of seats on the upper deck, 81, 82, 83 and 84. Seatguru raises issues with parts of 81 and 84. We are in 82A and B. It looks impossible for the person in A to get out without disturbing the person in B. Is that so?

Now 83 A and B have lots of space because of the emergency exit. But seatguru says that carts sometimes park there and that the seats are at times reserved for VIPs. We are JPPs (Just Plain Persons) and wonder if these seats are special enough to request or whether the carts make them bad choices. We also wonder whether we would be at risk for being bumped if a VIP shows up.

Appreciate your views.

BTW Seatexpert.com did not show the plane or the LH 321.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Either of the row 83 pairs are great seats for a couple. My first choice would be 83AC but you will not be bothered by the cart if you have either AC or HK.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
There is no B Seat !
I'd go for row 83, as everyone can get up without disturbing the pax next to him.
Enjoy your flight!
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:43 pm

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Originally Posted by mshaikun
Now 83 A and B have lots of space because of the emergency exit. But seatguru says that carts sometimes park there and that the seats are at times reserved for VIPs. We are JPPs (Just Plain Persons) and wonder if these seats are special enough to request or whether the carts make them bad choices. We also wonder whether we would be at risk for being bumped if a VIP shows up.
I have three legs booked in LH F on 747 metal. I called the local Lufthansa ticket office and they assigned me into 83A on all segments no problem ^ so I do not believe you will have issues if those seats are not already taken.

SunLover
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:37 pm

My wife dislikes 83 H,K because of the FAs using the drinks station frequently just in front of you. Too much "action".
83 A,C are not a problem, however.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
My wife dislikes 83 H,K because of the FAs using the drinks station frequently just in front of you. Too much "action".
83 A,C are not a problem, however.
Sorry, but I'd say that's a load of rubbish (sorry to be harsh) ... I'll take 83H any day ...and I have taken this seat many times in the past. The drinks cart is not a problem whatsoever.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.