Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 Allegris Experience Thread

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 5:16 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by SMK77
The real joke is that airlines spend 6-digit amounts per seat and then overlook inexpensive but effective details like a mattress.
Problem with that is, once a seat is installed, it's installed and only needs maintenance every so often. With matresses, you need to stock matresses for every seat, load them for the flights, out and back, ideally some spares just in case of spillage etc.
Then after return, they need to be unloaded, shipped off to be cleaned or replaced, and a new set needs to be loaded. Having separate matresses per seat variant would be quite difficult to handle with Allegris.
Still... I do agree that the one shown is pityful.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 6:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Problem with that is, once a seat is installed, it's installed and only needs maintenance every so often. With matresses, you need to stock matresses for every seat, load them for the flights, out and back, ideally some spares just in case of spillage etc.
Then after return, they need to be unloaded, shipped off to be cleaned or replaced, and a new set needs to be loaded. Having separate matresses per seat variant would be quite difficult to handle with Allegris.
Still... I do agree that the one shown is pityful.
American Airlines hands out great mattresses for every passenger in Business Class and seems to be able to manage the list of operational issues you mention. I think if AA can do it, LH can do it.
chris63 and FriendlyConfines like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 7:48 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by SMK77
American Airlines hands out great mattresses for every passenger in Business Class and seems to be able to manage the list of operational issues you mention. I think if AA can do it, LH can do it.
edit: I think I misenderstood what you are complaining about.

Does AA have 7 kinds of seats in their J cabin?

FWIW I am not suggesting that the new LH mattress is not crap, I'm just saying that expecting them to have a bespoke model for each seat is overly optimistic.
Old May 1, 2024, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

FWIW I am not suggesting that the new LH mattress is not crap, I'm just saying that expecting them to have a bespoke model for each seat is overly optimistic.
Looks crap but this is the problem with Allegris, ridiculously complicated
Old May 1, 2024, 1:39 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Surely it's easier to have 7 different mattresses than 7 different seat configurations in a single cabin.

Sounds like mattresses is one aspect that LH forgot to customize. Will passengers survive?
chris63 likes this.
Old May 1, 2024, 9:25 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
edit: I think I misenderstood what you are complaining about.

Does AA have 7 kinds of seats in their J cabin?

I don't have a collection of 51 mattresses for my travel but just one. So I don't expect the airline to have exactly matching mattresses for every single seat type they have. One mattress sized as the lowest common denominator will do. I just want the airline to provide a decent mattress and not any alibi flimsy whatever BS mattress.

My mattress of 120x60cm has worked in every single Business Class seat so far - maybe that's the gold standard? No tailoring required.
FriendlyConfines likes this.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by HKG1111
I find the whole discussion really funny…you get a brand new seat with all kinds of fancy features but the first thing you need to better sleep on is a mattress. Imagine you by a bed or a sofa chair and the sales agents tells you that it would be better you by an extra mattress for your comfort as the bed/chair alone is not… this is really hilarious. I wonder if today is May 1 or still April 1
According to some of the first videos from the first flights, the mattress seems only be in Business Suite. In Business Standard seats only for flights beyond 10:30h flight time.
Old May 4, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: LH HON**
According to some of the first videos from the first flights, the mattress seems only be in Business Suite. In Business Standard seats only for flights beyond 10:30h flight time.
Maybe at a surcharge…? That’s the direction that everything seems to be going. At this pace FA’s will soon start going through business class with amenity carts and payment terminals. Same if you want cheese AND dessert…
HKG1111, chris63, MichielR and 4 others like this.
Old May 4, 2024, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Vixit
Maybe at a surcharge…? That’s the direction that everything seems to be going. At this pace FA’s will soon start going through business class with amenity carts and payment terminals. Same if you want cheese AND dessert…
Yes & since they will not be adding extra FA, imagine how poor the service will be for those not in enhanced seats …..
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old May 5, 2024, 4:49 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Wait, what ? Mattress in business only for select seats or long flights ?
Old May 5, 2024, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by fransknorge
Wait, what ? Mattress in business only for select seats or long flights ?
Yes, as mentioned here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29753423-post2.html
From now on, select Lufthansa long-haul flights (10.5h or more) now feature the new “Dream Collection” – a larger, warmer blanket, a new pillowcase, a comfortable mattress pad, and a new “sleep shirt” from Van Laack.
Old May 5, 2024, 5:52 am

Programs: LH SEN
A warmer blanket is just what I need when the cabin is kept at a chilly 35 degrees Celsius

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.