Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Has Wrong Date for My Flight. Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Lufthansa Has Wrong Date for My Flight. Need Advice

Here's my situation:

I'm flying JFK to Brussels in a few hours via Frankfurt. My first segment (JFK-FRA) is with Singapore airlines, and my second segment (FRA-BRU) is a Mileageplus award operated by Lufthansa.

I just attempted to print my boarding pass on LH's website, using their confirmation code, and it displays the wrong date for my flight (April 15, instead of April 16). This only happens when I try to check in. Everywhere else on their website, my flight date is correct.

What should I do? Would calling Lufthansa customer service help, or is there a better solution?
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:08 pm

You may call, of course, but you can just print out your booking information with the correct date and get your boarding pass at check-in. Very likely they wouldn't even be aware of the date problem. There is an issue with the date algorithm on LH's website and sometimes it generates a date one day earlier than the correct date.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by iadh
You may call, of course, but you can just print out your booking information with the correct date and get your boarding pass at check-in. Very likely they wouldn't even be aware of the date problem. There is an issue with the date algorithm on LH's website and sometimes it generates a date one day earlier than the correct date.
I was hoping to avoid printing my boarding pass in Frankfurt, as I have limited layover time, and I'm not familiar with the airport. It's unbelievable that I'm forced to do this due to LH's incompetence.
Also, if they're so incompetent with something as simple as printing the right date, I'm not so confident that they'll get it right at FRA either.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:26 pm

If both segments are on one booking, you might be able to get your boarding pass for the second segment at check-in at JFK.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:22 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Either that, or at a Lufthansa service desk in B close to your SQ arrival gate, assuming that the arrival is secure (can't see why it wouldn't be from JFK)

Worst case you can take the train. It's not a massive problem from FRA to Brussels.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Install the LH app and see what it looks like there, particularly when you refresh it after landing at FRA.
Fabo.sk and DiamondMile like this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by supine
Install the LH app and see what it looks like there, particularly when you refresh it after landing at FRA.
Good point, solid chance it will just magically fix itself and all you need to do is make your way to A. Hopefully the bus is running.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
The LH app is the way to go. With 2 separate tickets you are not in a great situation, in case there are any issues. Transferring from B to A gates can take some time. Hope you have at least 2 hours scheduled for this 'transfer' in FRA - please tell me you booked the 1 p.m. flight FRA-BRU
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2024, 4:48 am

SQ landed almost an hour early today, I'm sure OOP is fine
cfischer and SK AAR like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.