Search

LH Regional Business Catering changing in late S23 / W23/24

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2023, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
LH Regional Business Catering changing in late S23 / W23/24

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Gategroup and LH are reworking the catering concept: they expect to switch to the new menus in the W23/24 cycle.
just about the time
Old May 26, 2023, 1:59 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Tasting Heimat just wasn't a great invention and I am glad it will be gone soon. But then again, it's LHG and we were all looking forward to a new caterer at the FCT and now wish we could get the old one back ...

When I was in London on the weekend of the King's coronation, I saw people with signs that said "not my King" and, slightly tipsy, had the devilish idea to get myself a t-shirt for my next LH J-flight that says "not my Heimat"
Old May 26, 2023, 4:35 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I found Taste of Heimat to have been an improvement at the very beginning. I suspect we can expect similar cycle, catering gets better for the first season, then inevitably cost cutting shows up and two years later we are here again wishing the catering gets revamped.
Old May 26, 2023, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
The other option is to keep it consistently decent, commensurate with the higher price of a business class ticket, and offer a proper product. It's not a miracle if they think they're going to be the most important airline in Europe. Business people will gradually shift over to the low cost carriers and just pay for the services need. The day LH wake up, it's going to be too late.
Old May 26, 2023, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I found Taste of Heimat to have been an improvement at the very beginning. I suspect we can expect similar cycle, catering gets better for the first season, then inevitably cost cutting shows up and two years later we are here again wishing the catering gets revamped.
That's to be feared. Will then go back to Y for short hops and spend the money for really decent food on the ground before/after the flight.
Old May 26, 2023, 12:30 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Gategroup and LH are reworking the catering concept: they expect to switch to the new menus in the W23/24 cycle.
I missed this update originally. What a relief.

Even BA has significantly better short haul C catering these days, and usually 3 choices! (And it’s rare I have anything good to say about BA..!)
Old May 26, 2023, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by vantage03

Even BA has significantly better short haul C catering these days, and usually 3 choices! (And it’s rare I have anything good to say about BA..!)
Actually, short haul catering of London Airways has been among the better ones in Europe for quite a while.

LH should try to offer a continental alternative of similar quality.
Old May 26, 2023, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
That's to be feared. Will then go back to Y for short hops and spend the money for really decent food on the ground before/after the flight.
This will not change until the top management of the group will change. The current thinking, right or wrong, is that there is no need to substantially improve shorthaul J offering. As long as it's not substantially worse than competition, and as long as it is demonstrably better than Y (the debatable proposition that "free" J catering is ipso facto better than what you could pay for by savings from the price difference in Y aside), this thinking will not change.

For that matter, not having any particular interest in LH as investor or as regular premium flyer, I do agree with them that there is 0 reason to consider own Y as competition.

You might go for Y and spend the savings either on BoB or more usefully on-ground, but 99.99% of short-haul J pax will simply not take this option into consideration, because they either connect into long-haul J/F (and as such don't have the option of taking a connector in Y) or they will be buying J short-haul anyway (the reason being, whether because that's what their company travel policy gives them, because they are wealthy and don't care to travel in Y, or because they want the miles)
Old May 26, 2023, 3:26 pm

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by vantage03

Unless you're in row 3 out of 6 row J and they only have (dry) pasta left.
Old May 26, 2023, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
You might go for Y and spend the savings either on BoB or more usefully on-ground, but 99.99% of short-haul J pax will simply not take this option into consideration, …
Don’t think that’s true, as I know quite a few who would do that. With status, the main differences are the meal and the empty middle seat. Short haul exit seats and BOB can be a good alternative to J with tasting Heimat.
Old May 26, 2023, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
Don’t think that’s true, as I know quite a few who would do that. With status, the main differences are the meal and the empty middle seat. Short haul exit seats and BOB can be a good alternative to J with tasting Heimat.
I hope you are right, for both our sakes. But I am afraid you are not.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH
That apple is most of the time the last remaining eatable thing on board. So no, let is stay.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 9:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
As mentioned above the 'Heimat' concept will retire at the end of the summer schedule.
Old Jul 3, 2023, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
As mentioned above the 'Heimat' concept will retire at the end of the summer schedule.
It is Months until the end of October …..
Old Jul 3, 2023, 12:34 pm

Looking forward to the change, but I agree with many here and hope they keep the apples!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.