Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH Regional Business Catering: 'Taste of Heimat' (S21-S23)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2021, 5:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
LH Regional Business Catering: 'Taste of Heimat' (S21-S23)

With the sale of LSG Skychef Europe to gategroup completed, the contract for catering in business class has been renegotiated and the service levels reset. The focus will be on the regional tastes of the hub that provided the catering for the flight. Further details will be published when LH emerges from their winter hibernation next month.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 6:00 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
I'm not yet sure I like the sound of resetted service levels given the recent economy catering changes and more importantly the ellimination of the extremely tasty and high quality three degustation Business snack on the short LX flights (I miss them so much).
lhrpete likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 10:05 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
I'm sure we'll find that 'reset' is a new term for 'enhanced'.
TPJ, the810 and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Will the forthcoming BOB offerings be regional also?
Old Jan 3, 2021, 11:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Yes, that was the idea of the BoB too.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Wonderful. So it's going to be a free choice of nibbles from the BoB menu then. You know, the sort of thing you would never actually go out and buy, Dorito dog bits, Nic-Nacs, Bifi sausage roll sticks, junk like that. Maybe even some Air Berlin Wasai sandwich things, whatever they were.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Being a UA 1K I get a free BOB snack box but it all of the offerings just appear to a chemical equation.
Old Jan 3, 2021, 7:25 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by Concerto
Wonderful. So it's going to be a free choice of nibbles from the BoB menu then. You know, the sort of thing you would never actually go out and buy, Dorito dog bits, Nic-Nacs, Bifi sausage roll sticks, junk like that. Maybe even some Air Berlin Wasai sandwich things, whatever they were.
Air Berlin used to offer full hot meals from the menu for Platinums which you could preorder
Old Jan 4, 2021, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is so true and it was one of the great things about Air Berlin. Around about the time they started BoB catering they stopped offering these meals to their top elites. As a normal passenger, I ordered and prepaid a meal on a handful of European flights and they were ok, not anything amazing, but good enough.
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:19 am
Original Poster

The new C offerings are designed specifically to differentiate themselves from the BOB in Y. It seems the current C offerings were getting a bit long in the tooth and would not be attractive enough compared to the new BOB in the back, so they had to revamp the C menu to prevent the C pax from asking to be served something from the BOB cart
Old Jan 4, 2021, 3:22 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The new C offerings are designed specifically to differentiate themselves from the BOB in Y. It seems the current C offerings were getting a bit long in the tooth and would not be attractive enough compared to the new BOB in the back, so they had to revamp the C menu to prevent the C pax from asking to be served something from the BOB cart
Jokes on them! I'll still be asking for the carac from the BOB Y menu
Old Jan 4, 2021, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But that's only on SWISS flights. I suspect the Germans have no idea what a carac is. (But German bakeries and patisseries make all sorts of nice things too, of course).

It's good that LH is hopefully upgrading its catering in Business Class. For years it was very very average and it would never have been something that would have motivated me to buy a ticket in C.
Old Jan 7, 2021, 4:41 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Concerto
But that's only on SWISS flights. I suspect the Germans have no idea what a carac is. (But German bakeries and patisseries make all sorts of nice things too, of course).

It's good that LH is hopefully upgrading its catering in Business Class. For years it was very very average and it would never have been something that would have motivated me to buy a ticket in C.
Indeed. The Carac might have actually been the thing that tipped me over to see the BOB changes ex GVA as positive (at least in C)!

Compared to LX and OS I always found the LH C catering on short flights like ZRH-FRA lacking and quite poor. I'm looking forward to seeing the changes they are hopefully making to improve it
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder what FRA-DUS was like in Business. In Economy you got nothing, zilch, not even a cup of water. At least LX provide you with something in Economy on ZRH-GVA and I have always found Business on this route to be really good, given the maximum flying time is 35-40 minutes, and it can be done as quickly as 25 minutes.
Old Jan 8, 2021, 1:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yeah I'm interested to see what LX offers on ZRH-GVA or ZRH-MUC now that they discontinued the little three degustation platter. Those were of such high quality and I loved them, I really hope they get reintroduced. I will definetly give some feedback after my next short flight to see what it got replaced by.

As for LH, I think on GVA-FRA I either got that weird suger coated Müesli with Milk or a piece of Wähe with some grapes and other fruit on the side: After eating it a few times I usually just skip on the whole thing now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.