Problems booking Business award to BKK

Old Sep 5, 2023, 2:49 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by olm022
I can confirm that I was able to place a bit for l ticket that was accepted and rebooked into O. At the airport I was once able to benefit from paid airport upgrade offer from I to F that stayed in I but I was seated in F cabin.
Okay. So bidding is possible.
What about an upgrade with miles?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 3:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Awards cannot be upgraded with miles or evoucher. Only Myoffer bids or cash upgrade at checkin/gate.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 4:56 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
As a SEN, you get "I" tickets confirmed most of the times, whereas "O" bookings go on waitlist.
What you can do instead of bidding with cash is waitlist O class after confirming the "I" ticket.
When the waitlist clears, you have to call M&M to exhange the I ticket into an O ticket and pay 50€ for the exchange.
O-class often won't clear until the last few weeks or even days before departure, this is my experience.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Awards cannot be upgraded with miles or evoucher. Only Myoffer bids or cash upgrade at checkin/gate.
That does not match my experience in the last 2 years.
Booked award in I and changed later to O or booked I and was put on waitlist for O during booking process from agent.
In both cases I only had to pay the miles difference, no cancellation and new booking necessary.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 7:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
WL for O award is not upgrading an award
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:52 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
Originally Posted by oliver2002
WL for O award is not upgrading an award
Technically speaking this is correct, albeit the LH app actually calls it an "upgrade", quote: "Ihr Upgrade fr Flug LHxxx befindet sich aktuell auf der Warteliste".
If the waitlist clears and you call M&M to go ahead, they charge the I to O miles difference plus the 50 change fee.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by SK AAR
LHG is very grateful to have customers like you
Actually it worked out to an average of 1660 per flight. I checked flights on TG and TK and they were more than 2000. I checked on flights from Copenhagen, Oslo and Paris and they were in the same ballpark along with the inconvenience and expense of getting there.
The outgoing flights were around 1300. The return flights were more expensive. All in all, its a pretty fair price I think. Sometime well burn our miles.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.