Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems booking Business award to BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2023, 1:49 am

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by olm022
I can confirm that I was able to place a bit for “l” ticket that was accepted and rebooked into “O”. At the airport I was once able to benefit from paid airport upgrade offer from “I” to “F” that stayed in “I” but I was seated in F cabin.
Okay. So bidding is possible.
What about an upgrade with miles?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 2:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Awards cannot be upgraded with miles or evoucher. Only Myoffer bids or cash upgrade at checkin/gate.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 3:56 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
As a SEN, you get "I" tickets confirmed most of the times, whereas "O" bookings go on waitlist.
What you can do instead of bidding with cash is waitlist O class after confirming the "I" ticket.
When the waitlist clears, you have to call M&M to exhange the I ticket into an O ticket and pay 50€ for the exchange.
O-class often won't clear until the last few weeks or even days before departure, this is my experience.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Awards cannot be upgraded with miles or evoucher. Only Myoffer bids or cash upgrade at checkin/gate.
That does not match my experience in the last 2 years.
Booked award in I and changed later to O or booked I and was put on waitlist for O during booking process from agent.
In both cases I only had to pay the miles difference, no cancellation and new booking necessary.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 6:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
WL for O award is not upgrading an award
Old Sep 5, 2023, 7:52 am

Programs: LH Sen****, Hertz PC, HHonors Diamond, IHG Pt
Originally Posted by oliver2002
WL for O award is not upgrading an award
Technically speaking this is correct, albeit the LH app actually calls it an "upgrade", quote: "Ihr Upgrade für Flug LHxxx befindet sich aktuell auf der Warteliste".
If the waitlist clears and you call M&M to go ahead, they charge the I to O miles difference plus the 50€ change fee.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, Miles ‘n More, Thai Royal Orchid Plus
Originally Posted by SK AAR
LHG is very grateful to have customers like you…
Actually it worked out to an average of €1660 per flight. I checked flights on TG and TK and they were more than €2000. I checked on flights from Copenhagen, Oslo and Paris and they were in the same ballpark along with the inconvenience and expense of getting there.
The outgoing flights were around €1300. The return flights were more expensive. All in all, it’s a pretty fair price I think. Sometime we’ll burn our miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.