Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can I credit to LH M&M but use UA MP *G status to access lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2023, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Can I credit to LH M&M but use UA MP *G status to access lounge?

Have United equivalent of Star Alliance Gold.
My Lufthansa is no status though - which is why I want the flight credit on there to obtain Frequent Traveler.
Can I still use my United card to access LHR T2 lounges, or do I need to ensure that number is on the ticket and forego the LH credit?
Old Sep 2, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
You will have lounge access. As you enter the lounges, scan your Star Gold card first, then scan your boarding pass. No need to change FQTV on the BP.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 4:21 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
..Can I still use my United card to access LHR T2 lounges, or do I need to ensure that number is on the ticket and forego the LH credit?
Yes, but your status will not be encoded on the boarding pass and you might not succeed in boarding early.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 4:29 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
My Lufthansa is no status though - which is why I want the flight credit on there to obtain Frequent Traveler.
If you don't mind me asking, if you already have United *G, why do you also want the LH FTL status? What tangible benefits would it bring you that you don't already get with UA *G?
chris63, weero and athome like this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by weero
Yes, but your status will not be encoded on the boarding pass and you might not succeed in boarding early.
For early boarding, I would just approach the gate staff before boarding starts, and show them my *G card and ask them if I can board together with *G. I've never been refused, even though they might need to board me manually.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by gojko88
If you don't mind me asking, if you already have United *G, why do you also want the LH FTL status? What tangible benefits would it bring you that you don't already get with UA *G?
My guess - I'm in the same boat - is that OPs status is expiring in February, and they want FTL for the next cycle...
gojko88 likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 7:17 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by hdogan
For early boarding, I would just approach the gate staff before boarding starts, and show them my *G card and ask them if I can board together with *G. I've never been refused, even though they might need to board me manually.
Sure. But many small gates at some European airports are not staffed for that.

OSL comes to mind where nothing works, if the *G is not on the BP.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by gojko88
With other *A programs, it's often the case that low booking classes don't earn anything. In those cases it's often better to credit to M&M for segments at least. (Not seemingly case for UA, but if you can earn UA*G anyway...). FTL can be useful if you end up flying in integrated but non-*A airlines like EN or EW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.