Wiki Posts
Search

No snacks LH long haul F ….

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2023, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NYC1
This is just amazing to read. The severely downgraded service in LH F is why I have avoided it during the last 18 months or so and moved it to AF/LX/EK. I have a feeling that LX will soon join this mediocrity (you can already read about the beginnings of that in the LX forum).

MumbaiDan 's list up thread is spot on, but not exhaustive. Pretty remarkable how a good product/service can be destroyed by shortsightedness.
Completely agree, LH F is in a very poor place currently, the March wine list the latest example & like you i fear LX is heading in the same direction, so sad to witness
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by andywaw
For context, some FT fellow members may recall that after I complained to LH about no snacks in the galley and zero service whatsoever between the meals on BOG-FRA in J, I received the reimbursement of €12,67 (sic, twelve Euros and sixty-seven cents):

While we cannot compensate for the absence of flight attendants, we are able to provide a reimbursement for the lack of refreshments being available to you, which amounts to 12.67EUR.

We value your continued loyalty to Lufthansa as a Senator member and it is our hope, despite this experience, we have the opportunity to welcome you aboard one of our flights again soon despite your disappointment, giving us another chance to offer you the Business Class service you expect from us.
It's amazing they even bother to calculate how much that snack has cost them!
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacho
It's amazing they even bother to calculate how much that snack has cost them!
They made it up, ‘customer service’ wont have a clue
Old Mar 1, 2023, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63
They made it up, ‘customer service’ wont have a clue
You never know, it's German. A friend told me that his breakfast allowance when on business trips was like 3,48 EUR
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2023, 3:25 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by nacho
You never know, it's German. A friend told me that his breakfast allowance when on business trips was like 3,48 EUR
That‘s about what gets subtracted from your invoice for tax purposes, unless the invoice explicitly states „no breakfast included“.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 12:07 am

Originally Posted by NYC1
This is just amazing to read. The severely downgraded service in LH F is why I have avoided it during the last 18 months or so and moved it to AF/LX/EK. I have a feeling that LX will soon join this mediocrity (you can already read about the beginnings of that in the LX forum).
Well, I had a couple of LH flights in F in the last 18 months and all of them were at least good, a few were excellent. Nonetheless, I understand complains about champagne, wine or quality of food. 18 months ago they also had problems due to the ramp up after the Covid ground zero. I also believe a passenger who tells, that he couldn‘t have breakfast or caviar in the middle of the flight.

But I still don‘t believe, that a F passenger asked for any kind of snack and didn‘t get anything. There are plenty of snacks on board and it‘s much easier for a FA to give out a snack than to handle any complain. There are two FA and one purser in charge for F on a LH flight. They might welcome a complain about something, they aren‘t happy with (i.g. champagne brand). But they will avoid any complain about an issue like no snack at all onboard,

The answer of LH‘s customer service is not an answer for F passengers. That doesn‘t mean, that the story isn‘t true, but it means that LH‘s customer service didn‘t recognize the complain as the complain of a F passenger.

AF has a good F and their food is usually on a higher level as food and beverages are much more important in France than in most (maybe all) other countries. Driving a German car and eating French food is a much better idea than vice versa.

LX offers a good F as well. But the difference between LX F and LX J is much smaller than the difference between LH F and LH J. While I try to avoid long haul LH J at any time, I enjoy LX J. From my point of view LX J is too good to spend the additional money/miles/voucher for LX F (due to my status I get F services on ground anyway).

EK also offers a good F. But it depends on the route. I don’t think, that it’s a good idea to fly from the US to Europe with EK. And flying from Europe to Asia you have a break in the middle of the flight.

Anyway, I welcome every passenger who avoids LH F in the future. In the last 18 months there were 7-8 passengers in F on all my LH flights in F, while there were often only 1-2 other passengers before the pandemic started. If that is the OP’s point, I agree with it.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Update

I pressed the issue with a follow up. LH is transferring 50 Euros to my bank.

But will they start having fruit/chips/cookies available mid-flight?
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zrs70
I pressed the issue with a follow up. LH is transferring 50 Euros to my bank.

But will they start having fruit/chips/cookies available mid-flight?
Wow, how generous

Would you really want cheap snacks ? You can reserve anything from the main Menu & then there is the meal prior to landing, LH F is supposed to be dining on demand, if that fails use your call bell & ask for the Purser
FlyerLX likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by chris63
Wow, how generous

Would you really want cheap snacks ? You can reserve anything from the main Menu & then there is the meal prior to landing, LH F is supposed to be dining on demand, if that fails use your call bell & ask for the Purser
Yes, I do want cheap snacks rather than a meal. I would like fruit or chips or sweet.

Sure, I can bring it with me as well. But I shouldn’t need to.

Last edited by zrs70; Mar 2, 2023 at 6:23 am
Old Mar 2, 2023, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I do want cheap snacks rather than a meal. I would like fruit or chips or sweet.

Use, I can bring it with me as well. But I shouldn’t need to.
Fair enough, it is F & they should have them & i imagine they are there in BoB in Y, so no excuses
Old Mar 2, 2023, 9:00 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
If chips is what the OP wanted: 50 Euro buys you a lot off chips.
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:39 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Originally Posted by thbe
Even in J you get at least some snacks.

Only snacks available in J on SIN-FRA a couple of days a go was a very small bowl of mixed nuts. Service felt very light (think Economy service) during the 9.5 hour gap between meals - i.e. 1 or 2 passes with plastic cups of water. You could get a very poor coffee if you went to the galley and asked - very different to the previous flight with SIA from SYD where it felt every few minutes some would pass through the cabin
Old Mar 2, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
Only snacks available in J on SIN-FRA a couple of days a go was a very small bowl of mixed nuts.
In light of this, I feel the LH compensation for no refreshments available in J "which amounts to 12.67EUR" seems to have been way overpriced.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sure, I can bring it with me as well. But I shouldn’t need to.
Next time when you fly LH F, write to LH and ask them to wire you 50 EUR to let you buy your own snack to bring on board
chris63 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andywaw
In light of this, I feel the LH compensation for no refreshments available in J "which amounts to 12.67EUR" seems to have been way overpriced.
- that should be enough for quite a few bananas (the vegan meal on JL).

Last edited by nacho; Mar 3, 2023 at 3:02 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.