FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No snacks LH long haul F ….
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2023, 12:07 am
thbe

Originally Posted by NYC1
This is just amazing to read. The severely downgraded service in LH F is why I have avoided it during the last 18 months or so and moved it to AF/LX/EK. I have a feeling that LX will soon join this mediocrity (you can already read about the beginnings of that in the LX forum).
Well, I had a couple of LH flights in F in the last 18 months and all of them were at least good, a few were excellent. Nonetheless, I understand complains about champagne, wine or quality of food. 18 months ago they also had problems due to the ramp up after the Covid ground zero. I also believe a passenger who tells, that he couldn‘t have breakfast or caviar in the middle of the flight.

But I still don‘t believe, that a F passenger asked for any kind of snack and didn‘t get anything. There are plenty of snacks on board and it‘s much easier for a FA to give out a snack than to handle any complain. There are two FA and one purser in charge for F on a LH flight. They might welcome a complain about something, they aren‘t happy with (i.g. champagne brand). But they will avoid any complain about an issue like no snack at all onboard,

The answer of LH‘s customer service is not an answer for F passengers. That doesn‘t mean, that the story isn‘t true, but it means that LH‘s customer service didn‘t recognize the complain as the complain of a F passenger.

AF has a good F and their food is usually on a higher level as food and beverages are much more important in France than in most (maybe all) other countries. Driving a German car and eating French food is a much better idea than vice versa.

LX offers a good F as well. But the difference between LX F and LX J is much smaller than the difference between LH F and LH J. While I try to avoid long haul LH J at any time, I enjoy LX J. From my point of view LX J is too good to spend the additional money/miles/voucher for LX F (due to my status I get F services on ground anyway).

EK also offers a good F. But it depends on the route. I don’t think, that it’s a good idea to fly from the US to Europe with EK. And flying from Europe to Asia you have a break in the middle of the flight.

Anyway, I welcome every passenger who avoids LH F in the future. In the last 18 months there were 7-8 passengers in F on all my LH flights in F, while there were often only 1-2 other passengers before the pandemic started. If that is the OP’s point, I agree with it.