Search

No snacks LH long haul F ….

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
No snacks LH long haul F ….

Ok - this is a 3rd world problem. I’m sitting in seat 1A of a 747-800. Who am I to complain. But…..

Does LH really not provide ANY snacks between meals from LAX-FRA? Yes, I got hungry and couldn’t sleep. Not a crumb to be found, and when I asked, they told me I needed to wait for breakfast.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:40 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by zrs70
Ok - this is a 3rd world problem. I’m sitting in seat 1A of a 747-800. Who am I to complain. But…..

Does LH really not provide ANY snacks between meals from LAX-FRA? Yes, I got hungry and couldn’t sleep. Not a crumb to be found, and when I asked, they told me I needed to wait for breakfast.
On the outbound, there is a snack anytime menu.

Never tried on the inbound, but maybe they assume everybody sleeps anyway. But, at least they should be able to offer leftover dishes from dinner (unless the crew already had it) or something from the breakfast menu.

Last edited by worldclubber; Feb 20, 2023 at 3:07 am
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:45 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Interesting, neither C nor F from the W. Coast menus mention/have snacks:
https://lh-menu.de/en/download/2023--02/C/453/2
https://lh-menu.de/en/download/2023--02/F/453/2
worldclubber likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:51 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
A good crew would have worked it out…
Old Feb 20, 2023, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.

They were just concerned for your welfare & calorie intake, by popular demand in LHF.

Very poor, Breakfast is on demand !
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by chris63
They were just concerned for your welfare & calorie intake, by popular demand in LHF.

Very poor, Breakfast is on demand !
That‘s what I meant. At least they should have offered some breakfast whenever the pax asked for it.
chris63 and rt23456p like this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Interesting, neither C nor F from the W. Coast menus mention/have snacks:
https://lh-menu.de/en/download/2023--02/C/453/2
https://lh-menu.de/en/download/2023--02/F/453/2
That’s true, but the menu always says:

We will be pleased to serve you a delicious Breakfast at any time.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 3:17 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sure, F service is supposedly 'master of time' ie you can ask to eat whatever on the menu whenever. Strange the crew didn't offer the OP to serve breakfast.
worldclubber and rt23456p like this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sure, F service is supposedly 'master of time' ie you can ask to eat whatever on the menu whenever. Strange the crew didn't offer the OP to serve breakfast.
Once the Main meal order has been taken, all of that food just vanishes to the Cockpit or wherever…… Lazy crew to not offer anything from the breakfast Menu & they don’t belong in First Class, the OP ought to provide feedback
Old Feb 20, 2023, 4:50 am

Even in J you get at least some snacks.

In LH F you can eat and drink whenever you want, whatever they have.

Last year I‘ve been traveling with a colleague, who has problems to sleep during the flight (on every flight). She got food and beverages the whole flight long, including food, that wasn‘t on the menu.

The only issue is, if the package of some kind of food is opened already and they are not allowed to put it back in the fridge (i.g. ice cream, caviar).

If the story is true, you should complain about that. It’s not acceptable.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 5:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vantage03
A good crew would have worked it out…
They could have diverted to the nearest airport for a bag of chips.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TomMM
They could have diverted to the nearest airport for a bag of chips.
No, all they needed to do is follow the First Class offering, which is dine on demand
FlyerLX and Marschel like this.
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63
No, all they needed to do is follow the First Class offering, which is dine on demand
And when they don't follow the offering F passengers experience a calorie deficit induced death-defying flight. Probably best to be prepared for the worst and pack a snack. That's what a carry on is for right?
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why didn’t they offer a delicious sustainable snack from Onboard Delights? You’ll know to ask next time .
Old Feb 20, 2023, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by TomMM
And when they don't follow the offering F passengers experience a calorie deficit induced death-defying flight. Probably best to be prepared for the worst and pack a snack. That's what a carry on is for right?
We could also bring our own life vests, just in case. But is that what F is supposed to be like?
chris63 and Marschel like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.