Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NO EU 261 payment from lufthansa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2023, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

You have to file a complaint to SOP. You can also complain to the airline you booked with. For example, I have heard some people who booked with United miles for example, complaining to United and having UA contact LH. Otherwise if you just contact LH they have no respect for the law or passengers so you will just be ignored.
nacho likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 3:15 pm

Programs: AC50K, OZ*G
Originally Posted by WannabeSE
So, I've been running into problems with the "Routing Key" for Canada and figured I'd report here for better visibility. Lufthansa wants a 9 digit number, but it's not clear how they want it formatted. I found out that this is what they need "For example, a cheque reads XXXXX-YYY (where X is the transit number and Y the institution number), the corresponding routing number would be 0YYYXXXXX."

That said, I did notice the conversion was a bit crap - oh well.

Date of transaction:January 20, 2023
CAD/EUR mid-market rate:0.688006
Amount received:4,283.82 CAD
Amount paid:3,044.00 EUR
Value at mid-market rate:
(excluding charges)2,947.29 EUR
Foreign exchange charges:96.71 EUR or 3.281%
Payment has been received. After submitting the form, took about 3 days.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by WannabeSE
Payment has been received. After submitting the form, took about 3 days.
Congrats. It's now been over 8 weeks since LH sent me their offer email, asked for my bank details and I provided them. There's been no payment or any further communication from LH at all, despite several follow up email requests to them asking for status.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Quokka
Congrats. It's now been over 8 weeks since LH sent me their offer email, asked for my bank details and I provided them. There's been no payment or any further communication from LH at all, despite several follow up email requests to them asking for status.
I'm waiting now since Oct 25 when I provided my bank details. Lufthansa don't care. Worst treatment I have had by far from any airline.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by frugaltraveler10012
I'm waiting now since Oct 25 when I provided my bank details. Lufthansa don't care. Worst treatment I have had by far from any airline.
I provided my bank details in June.. and finally received payment early December..

Now have another claim and have to go through same steps all over again.. who knows how long it'll take this time around.
Old Feb 1, 2023, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MAJIC9
I provided my bank details in June.. and finally received payment early December..

Now have another claim and have to go through same steps all over again.. who knows how long it'll take this time around.
I guess my question is are there any other airlines that do this and why is Lufthansa able to get away with this behavior? The German government doesn't care?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I think you will find in other fora that some airlines are as bad as LH, e.g. Tap Air Portugal.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:27 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
TAP from what I have heard is a lot worse than LH.
I've heard cases where people had to sue to get the compensation awarded and then had to sue again to get TAP to actually pay.
hugolover likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
TAP from what I have heard is a lot worse than LH.
I've heard cases where people had to sue to get the compensation awarded and then had to sue again to get TAP to actually pay.
Wizzair! But I think in the UK...the HU regulator has sharp teeth.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:43 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hugolover
Wizzair! But I think in the UK...the HU regulator has sharp teeth.
Haven't had to deal with them. I'm told they were pretty good with refunds during Covid though.

I will fly with them next week, first time after 7 years or so. Hope no EC261/2004 experience is inbound.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Haven't had to deal with them. I'm told they were pretty good with refunds during Covid though.

I will fly with them next week, first time after 7 years or so. Hope no EC261/2004 experience is inbound.
https://www.caa.co.uk/news/regulator...ng-complaints/
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2023, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
5 months after my downgrade from F to J on two flights and I haven't even had a response to my multiple emails. I did receive cancellation compensation though.

Is there another avenue to pursue? I used flightright for a last minute LX cancellation and they came through, but apparently they don't handle downgrade compensation.
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:38 am

Programs: LH SEN; DL PM; Hertz PC; Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by cricketer
5 months after my downgrade from F to J on two flights and I haven't even had a response to my multiple emails. I did receive cancellation compensation though.

Is there another avenue to pursue? I used flightright for a last minute LX cancellation and they came through, but apparently they don't handle downgrade compensation.
Try the SöP or Dr. Böse
Old Feb 19, 2023, 2:41 am
Original Poster

lufthansa don't care. if you booked on another star alliance airline you can reach out to them to help. try these emails as well

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Old Feb 19, 2023, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pdeut
Try the SöP or Dr. Böse
2 months and 3 weeks counting on SOEP for me for a downgrade and 5 months of no response from LH. It’s pretty bad … I am curious if there will be a default ‘judgement’ from SOEP at the 3 month mark … will know soon.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.