Wiki Posts
Search

Seat reservation/Changes no longer available

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
Somehow, I was able to see a seating chart for this flight, yesterday. It showed three rows of 2x2 seats all X’ed out. The generic chart for that aircraft type shows several more rows for biz class. I’m guessing this will be a case of “move the curtain back a few rows.”
yep
Old Aug 30, 2022, 11:13 am

I have been bounced back and forth between UA and LH several times now via Facebook Messenger and the Text option via their reservation line. LH says they can’t help us select our biz award seats because we booked through UA. UA says they don’t have access to the LH seat chart (which I know is BS.) Several times in the past, we have booked IA with a connection to LH, or an entire RT flight on LH, on the UA site or app and we have always been able to select seats. This time, there’s not even a tab to click to select seats.
It’s interesting that before our award seats on the LH leg were upgraded to Business class, we easily selected seats, changed them, etc.

We ARE confirmed biz class. Hopefully, we will be able to select the LH seats at T-24 check in for the UA flight. Only 50 minutes connection in MUC so I don’t want to deal with it then.
Should we be able to select the LH seats when we do online checkin for the UA flight?
Old Aug 30, 2022, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kensterfly
I have been bounced back and forth between UA and LH several times now via Facebook Messenger and the Text option via their reservation line. LH says they can’t help us select our biz award seats because we booked through UA. UA says they don’t have access to the LH seat chart (which I know is BS.) Several times in the past, we have booked IA with a connection to LH, or an entire RT flight on LH, on the UA site or app and we have always been able to select seats. This time, there’s not even a tab to click to select seats.
It’s interesting that before our award seats on the LH leg were upgraded to Business class, we easily selected seats, changed them, etc.

We ARE confirmed biz class. Hopefully, we will be able to select the LH seats at T-24 check in for the UA flight. Only 50 minutes connection in MUC so I don’t want to deal with it then.
Should we be able to select the LH seats when we do online checkin for the UA flight?
Call LH.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No, please calm down and take a chill pill. LH will 'move the curtain' to free up some Euro-business seats and accomodate all ticketed C pax... why even stress? Its just an economy seat with some meal service....!
chris63, romans and DiamondMile like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:07 pm

Booked on UA Friday 9/2 IAH to MUC connecting MUC to BUD on 9/3 on LH.
Award seats in J on both legs.

Seat selection for the LH leg is not available until check in, for some reason. I assume that’s at T-24 for the first UA leg. Though I think I read something about LH being T-23?? Would that mean that we have to check in separately for the two different flights? t-24 CDT for UA and T-23 Munich time for the LH flight? We’ve connected to LH before and were able to check in for both flights at T-24 for the first leg.

Anyway, with the LH website down, am I likely to get my LH seat assignments when I check in?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.