Seat reservation/Changes no longer available

Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Seat reservation/Changes no longer available

How do I get a paid seat assignment on LH? I booked UA ticket and converted UA code share flights to LH flight numbers (FRA-VCE and FCO-MUC) in December. When in LH app or on UA.com, there’s no ability to select seats. I’ve been successful in the past so I am figuring there has to be a way. LH 800 # has long wait time so I hung up after 20 minutes of nothingness.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Yep that now pretty much requires calling. Worse when waitlisting with PlusPoints
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
More info here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...eshares-8.html
AirbusFan2B likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm running into the same issue. UA marketed on the outbound, native LH numbers on the return, paid J (so should not have any fees), but the website is not offering me the ability to select.

My outbound's fine, and selection worked when my return was on LX (prior to a schedule change), but now I can't do anything.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
..My outbound's fine, and selection worked when my return was on LX (prior to a schedule change), but now I can't do anything.
Let us know, if the seat selection inside the check-in window will still work!
Old Aug 22, 2022, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by weero
Let us know, if the seat selection inside the check-in window will still work!
There are three of us traveling, so we're not waiting that long to sort it out. I suppose I'll see if UA can push through seat assignments, but if not, I'll call LH.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:10 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
There are three of us traveling, so we're not waiting that long to sort it out. I suppose I'll see if UA can push through seat assignments, but if not, I'll call LH.
In case these two approaches turn out to be duds, you can report how the check-in window seat allocation performed !
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
call LH US#. Not too bad. UA will require a willing and experienced agent to make it happen.
canadiancow and weero like this.
Old Aug 24, 2022, 5:39 pm

I ended up messaging LH on FB Messenger. Took 13 minutes for a response. 2 PNRs (1 pax and 2 pax), 2 flights needing selection.

Quite painless.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
I ended up messaging LH on FB Messenger. Took 13 minutes for a response. 2 PNRs (1 pax and 2 pax), 2 flights needing selection.

Quite painless.
FB messenger? thats unique for a airline
Old Aug 25, 2022, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by boycruz
It's actually pretty common. I've definitely contacted AC, UA, and LH through it.

I even found an old thread with LH from a few years ago.

I really prefer any kind of asynchronous communication where I can write out exactly what I want, and give them time to deal with it while I'm not sitting on hold.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by boycruz
It’s been going on for several years
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:32 pm

No J seat assignment

We’ve been booked in J (UA award) to Europe. Connecting fly is LH. Originally, Business award seats were not available on the LH leg. We were able to select (and pay the fee) for preferred economy.

We have now been upgraded to Business class on the LH leg but I cannot find a way to select seats.
(It was easy to select seats when we were in Economy.)

LH social media (Facebook messenger) says they’re unable to help and that we should call the service center.

UA agent said we would get assignments at check in or at the gate. We have a 50 minute connection in MUC. I would rather not have to deal with seat assignments at the gate during boarding.

I was hoping to avoid a long “hold” calling LH service center. We’ve flown LH many times in J on award travel and never had an issue getting seat assignments far in advance. We just logged in with our LH confirmation number and picked our seats.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You will get a seat at checkin, no stress.
Old Aug 25, 2022, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
You will get a seat at checkin, no stress.
Somehow, I was able to see a seating chart for this flight, yesterday. It showed three rows of 2x2 seats all X’ed out. The generic chart for that aircraft type shows several more rows for biz class. I’m guessing this will be a case of “move the curtain back a few rows.”

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.