Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2020, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by NYC1
Not sure what you're saying. You're a US citizen, no ties to the EU or another county, flew from LAX to FRA, crossed passport control to go to FCL/A, no questions asked?
Originally Posted by Amil
he didnt ask a single question. just let me through i was a bit shocked. I do have ties to another passport/country iran lol so that definitely doesnt help
Originally Posted by daumueller
it is at the discretion of the Bundespolizei if they believe that you are only entering the use the lounge and leave the EU again directly...
US passport and US resident question. So if I fly LAX-FRA-DBV (non-Schengen to non-Schengen) with a 4 hour connection, getting to FCL/A is basically at the discretion of the Bundespolizei and their mood that day?
Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:02 pm

That's what Amil said happened to him; it shouldn't be the case but who knows. I haven't read about other data points. Good luck (maybe explain that all you want to do is go to the lounge if they ask questions?). And hopefully there will be a trip report coming up!
Old Sep 4, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP.
Originally Posted by SFO777
US passport and US resident question. So if I fly LAX-FRA-DBV (non-Schengen to non-Schengen) with a 4 hour connection, getting to FCL/A is basically at the discretion of the Bundespolizei and their mood that day?
I guess i got lucky but I wish I didnt go cause I ended up running out of pages and had to get an emergency passport. the senator lounge should be fine for you if you dont get in . but definitely just go try and see what happens . report back cause I want to know if it was just a mistake that he let me in or its ok for the lounge even though he didnt even ask me where I was going lol
Old Sep 4, 2020, 3:50 pm

If you follow SFO777's travels, I think the Senator lounge would not be "fine" and I agree.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flymoreforless
If you follow SFO777's travels, I think the Senator lounge would not be "fine" and I agree.
LOL. Indeed, especially with 4+ hours to wait. We are currently booked LAX-CDG-DBV on AF in La Première which I'm inclined to keep. I was considering LH as 1AK is available on our travel day at 100K miles less each. AF at CDG seems to be a bit of a mess. La Première Lounge is closed for renovation although AF has a separate F/P area in the J lounge. On the other hand, AF still seems to have a dedicated PA for F pax from plane to lounge to plane at CDG and plane to car at DBV. Decisions, decisions.
Old Sep 4, 2020, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Flymoreforless
not to brag or anything but i do a fair share of international F and J throughout the world several times a month but what can we do 4 hours in a senator lounge isnt a make or break for me. F in LH (covid standards) is good enough for me be to happy. FCL wasn't all that special especially with no car service available. the big disappointment is the FCT thats closed.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:05 am

LOL. Indeed, especially with 4+ hours to wait. We are currently booked LAX-CDG-DBV on AF in La Première which I'm inclined to keep. I was considering LH as 1AK is available on our travel day at 100K miles less each. AF at CDG seems to be a bit of a mess. La Première Lounge is closed for renovation although AF has a separate F/P area in the J lounge. On the other hand, AF still seems to have a dedicated PA for F pax from plane to lounge to plane at CDG and plane to car at DBV. Decisions, decisions.
Under the current circumstances and for 200K less, I would go with LH and maybe they'll let you into the FCL/A.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
It’s a tough choice.

I think they’re still serving J meals in AF P?

If that’s the case, I’d still do LX, probably not LH.

If they’re back to P meals in AF P, then I’ll switch over to AF :-)
Old Sep 5, 2020, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Amil
not to brag or anything but i do a fair share of international F and J throughout the world several times a month but what can we do 4 hours in a senator lounge isnt a make or break for me. F in LH (covid standards) is good enough for me be to happy. FCL wasn't all that special especially with no car service available. the big disappointment is the FCT thats closed.
I'm not sure if it's anything to brag about to begin with, but that's OT.

I agree that the lounge isn't make or break, but 4 hours in the senator lounge sucks--even pre covid. 4 hours at the FCL is nice (considering the alternatives) and also allows you to sleep a bit or at least have some peace and quiet.
Old Sep 5, 2020, 12:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, AF Platinum
Not sure the FCT was that much better than the FCLs. It was inconvenient to reach unless you originated from Frankfurt and the views weren’t good. F&B was the same. And car transfers aren’t really all the buzz if you have to trudge all the way to get to the FCT.

im fine if they eliminate it if they add automatic car transfers for all lounge visitors unless the gate is 10 mins walk away or something
Old Sep 5, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Under the current circumstances and for 200K less, I would go with LH and maybe they'll let you into the FCL/A.
Leaning that way. So if we don't get into FCL/A, would we then be in the SEN Lounge in B, and then just walk to the B gate to our FRA-DBV flight?
If we do get into FCL/A, how do we get to the B gate for FRA-DBV? Is there car service at FCL/A for that? Or would we have to schlepp our way back over B?

It's been so long since we've not just gone to FCT, can't remember how to do this on our own.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Leaning that way. So if we don't get into FCL/A, would we then be in the SEN Lounge in B, and then just walk to the B gate to our FRA-DBV flight?
If we do get into FCL/A, how do we get to the B gate for FRA-DBV? Is there car service at FCL/A for that? Or would we have to schlepp our way back over B?

It's been so long since we've not just gone to FCT, can't remember how to do this on our own.
There are no F/HON car services at all atm.
You can pay Frankfurt VIP for one if you are so inclined though.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 4:33 am

I have a two hour layover back to the states tuesday from Turkey (US Passport) ill try to go to FCL for the fun of it and report back.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 5:08 am
Suspended

The FCL/A is firmly in Schengen. I'm sure LH wouldn't mind letting an F pax in. But why would the immigration officer let an American who cannot prove he qualifies for an exemption into Schengen?

The last few times I re-entered Schengen in FRA, immigration seemed relatively tough on non-EU/non-EEA/no-UK pax. At least that's the impression I got from observation; I have a German passport myself.

Just my 2c. I read the one anecdote where it wasn't a problem supposedly.
Old Sep 6, 2020, 6:22 am

Yes (just walk); no cars; and yes schlepp (but since you have 4 hrs it’s worth it—you’ll have to go through passport control again too).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.