Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa First Class Lounge [FCL] restart

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Rhein? The Tay perhaps. Alas, it's all farmed.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Oneworld Silver
Originally Posted by NYC1
The smoked salmon, as described on the menu, sounds the same as the pre-corona version so that's positive. Obviously, it's from a package since I don't expect the FCL/FCT staff to be fishing for salmon in the Rhein and then smoking it themselves...
I didn’t suggest river fishing and salmon smoking... I said it should be possible to offer the same service as before the pandemic. The point is it’s clearly a cost decision, not a hygiene decision. That’s pretty shabby since they’re not charging less than normal.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerLX
I didn’t suggest river fishing and salmon smoking... I said it should be possible to offer the same service as before the pandemic. The point is it’s clearly a cost decision, not a hygiene decision. That’s pretty shabby since they’re not charging less than normal.
I was reacting to the absolute (and in my opinion, exaggerated) statement that ".. All from a packet... Really they might as well not bother." because while this is not the like the old menu, it's decent enough and I am sure that you will be hard pressed to find a lounge in world today with a better offering.

In terms of your quoted message, I don't think the "same" service SHOULD be available now (specifically a full open buffet) (it's "possible" but not advisable) but I agree that the choices, prepared to order or handled by staff, COULD be vastly expanded and closer to what it used to be. However, in fairness, considering the dramatic decrease in demand, I don't think it's unreasonable to have an abbreviated menu. While they are not charging less per ticket, they are not selling as many tickets either, and one should look at the overall cost/revenue model.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:44 pm

it's decent enough
For the reasons I already stated, I'm afraid I still disagree.

I am sure that you will be hard pressed to find a lounge in world today with a better offering.
That may well be true. But I don't believe that justifies LH's poor menu here.

I don't think the "same" service SHOULD be available now (specifically a full open buffet)
In fact, the normal offering in the FCT/FCL consists of waiter service plus a fairly small buffet. It's the waiter service which I believe should be improved.

one should look at the overall cost/revenue model.
That's a task for LH. As a fairly frequent flyer on LH, I think it's OK for me to call shoddy service out. This is shoddy service.
chris63 and SFO777 like this.

Last edited by FlyerLX; Jul 22, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The statement from LH in VFT was that they normally have about 200 visitors in the FC facilities per day. Nowadays with the reduced schedule and nearly no F service operating the expected visitors in the FCL will be a tiny fraction of that. If they want to offer the full menu they would need to throw away the uneaten stuff away after each day. Looks like Do&Co made a minimum they can provide (like in WAW) under the current traffic. It is what it is... if they keep the FCLs closed people are upset, if they open it people are upset...
airoli likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:50 am

Well let’s hope things will ramp up now, and that the FCL/FCT offering isn’t permanently reduced...

With fewer or no A380, maybe no A340-600 and possibly only 747-800 remaining as first class equipped aircraft, the signs for F on LH aren’t good.

Is it likely- as discussed in different threads- that the new M&M structure will mean more HONs and fewer F pax ? If not, it’s difficult to see how the cost of First Class facilities on the ground, including FCT/FCL, is justified...
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:54 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Well let’s hope things will ramp up now, and that the FCL/FCT offering isn’t permanently reduced...

With fewer or no A380, maybe no A340-600 and possibly only 747-800 remaining as first class equipped aircraft, the signs for F on LH aren’t good.

Is it likely- as discussed in different threads- that the new M&M structure will mean more HONs and fewer F pax ? If not, it’s difficult to see how the cost of First Class facilities on the ground, including FCT/FCL, is justified...
You're overthinking it.

FCL and FCT are all set to reopen eventually. But given the cirumcstances nobody really knows when.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by Nick Art
You're overthinking it.

FCL and FCT are all set to reopen eventually. But given the cirumcstances nobody really knows when.
I hope you’re right...!😊

Nevertheless I am interested... Do people think that FCT/FCL will see more HONs and fewer F pax once “new normal” is in place ? Or will there just be fewer lounge users every day?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The statement from LH in VFT was that they normally have about 200 visitors in the FC facilities per day. Nowadays with the reduced schedule and nearly no F service operating the expected visitors in the FCL will be a tiny fraction of that. If they want to offer the full menu they would need to throw away the uneaten stuff away after each day. Looks like Do&Co made a minimum they can provide (like in WAW) under the current traffic. It is what it is... if they keep the FCLs closed people are upset, if they open it people are upset...
They need to think about enticing F & HON pax back, that offering won’t do it for me.

A decent Chef knows how to make things last & ensure little or no waste, maybe they have Freezers in those state of the art kitchens
FlyerLX likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:42 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Do people think that FCT/FCL will see more HONs and fewer F pax once “new normal” is in place ?
In the absence of knowledge on what that "new normal" will look like (notably long-haul travel ability, fleet structure, corporate and leisure travel demand etc.) and when it will arrive, we might as well speculate on the weather 10 years from now.

For us, and LH managers, it is "wait and see" - likely with scenarios for all sorts of outcome.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 6:25 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
They need to think about enticing F & HON pax back, that offering won’t do it for me.
Are you really going to change your travel pattern because of the FCL food? If you are lucky enough to pick carriers yourself and/or are able to fly F - wouldn't you pick your airline based on what your travel need is. I am usually an AA/BA person - and rarely book F - but get upgraded 10-12 times a year (normal year). I sometimes fly LH - also usually J.
I flew LH F this week because I felt it gave me the most distance to other people on the plane (worked out great) - what "attracted me" to LH was the simple fact that they could get me where I wanted to be with the least number of stops and the least perceived risk of sitting near anyone with Covid.

I
Old Jul 23, 2020, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by flying_geek
Are you really going to change your travel pattern because of the FCL food? If you are lucky enough to pick carriers yourself and/or are able to fly F - wouldn't you pick your airline based on what your travel need is. I am usually an AA/BA person - and rarely book F - but get upgraded 10-12 times a year (normal year). I sometimes fly LH - also usually J.
I flew LH F this week because I felt it gave me the most distance to other people on the plane (worked out great) - what "attracted me" to LH was the simple fact that they could get me where I wanted to be with the least number of stops and the least perceived risk of sitting near anyone with Covid.

I
No, however I’m free to choose the carrier & in F always, where available, since the HON services are also lacking I will use the airline that provides the best Overall F experience
SFO777 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 11:30 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chris63
No, however I’m free to choose the carrier & in F always, where available, since the HON services are also lacking I will use the airline that provides the best Overall F experience
I agree with this... and the airport experience is important to me on both ends of the journey. That’s what LH usually nails (and I don’t mean just lounges, it’s limousine service, private security, fast track through immigration etc).. without that, my business will go to best overall
chris63 and SFO777 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:53 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
The food offering looks fine to me.
It's good progress and I am happy about that.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The statement from LH in VFT was that they normally have about 200 visitors in the FC facilities per day.
By more direct source, the line for opening FCT comes on 150 visitors to FC faciliites per day. Expected to be reached by end of September.
Looks like it is also important precondition for limousine service, but they "are looking for possibilities to start it earlier".

I was this week 3 times in FCL A -- on Monday, Saturday and Sunday.
During all 3 short (about 1 hour) visits I saw 5-12 pax. Of course not all of them was F / HON but also their guests.
But today even counted 8 flights on monitors.

Did not use, but asked on Satruday -- showers and also both bedrooms are available for use.

People working there was very happy to start work again after 4 months pause. Was nice to meet them again.
Nik_Jr likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.