FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2020608-covid-19-lufthansa-lounges-reopening-status.html)

lmk May 10, 2021 4:16 pm

And:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...63b06047b4.jpg

flyingrohit May 10, 2021 10:38 pm

Uh Oh, hopefully those same changes ^^^ don't make its way over to the IAD lounge...Im counting on it providing me food for my 5.5 hour tcon

NickRivas May 10, 2021 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33242278)
Uh Oh, hopefully those same changes ^^^ don't make its way over to the IAD lounge...Im counting on it providing me food for my 5.5 hour tcon

if anything it should hopefully get better at EWR. Was there last month and it was also like in the pics

lamphs May 10, 2021 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33242278)

Sunday, May 10

You are out of luck. For some reason my UA IAD-LHR flight left out of B (@ check-in she acknowledged "this is new for us"). Used the LH lounge for 3 minutes - walked-in/out. Agent told me 'there might be some chips and cookies'. She was correct - about 1/2 dozen bags of plain chips and a handful of miniature granola bars and a few bottles of water and soda. The coffee and soda machine, as well as the bar, were closed 'for my safety'. There was a tiny section closed off, in a dark corner, for SEN and HON flyers.

I went to the TK lounge. It was about 2/3 full. It had a variety of packaged fresh food and the bar was open. The problem was that there was one employee who was the bartender, restocked the food, and bussed the tables.

Finally, since I rarely get to the A/B gates, and as a PP member, I thought I'd try the AF lounge. It was busy, bar was open with Tattinger champagne (not a connoisseur, but that is a better brand, correct?), and there was a good variety of packaged fresh food. I noted that the BA and VS lounges are closed.

flyingrohit May 11, 2021 1:33 am

Why the drop back in offerings? Seemed only a few weeks ago that they were offering nice sandwiches and salads and now how come they've switched purely to packaged snacks? I would've thought things only start to get better now not regress.

lmk May 11, 2021 2:34 am

DH is currently enduring a 14-hour layover at B lounge in FRA and reports no food or beverages can be consumed, not even a bottle of water. By the door of the lounge, they are serving only bottled water, coffee, a banana, and pretzels, and you must go outside into the Terminal to eat at any place you can find to sit. I asked what was going on and why they are not allowing any food to be eaten in the lounge and they claim they are considered a restaurant and all dining in restaurants has been banned. There are no restaurants open in the terminals only take-aways with sandwiches and pastries.

supine May 11, 2021 2:56 am

Originally Posted by lmk (Post 33242540)
DH is currently enduring a 14-hour layover at B lounge in FRA and reports no food or beverages can be consumed, not even a bottle of water. By the door of the lounge, they are serving only bottled water, coffee, a banana, and pretzels, and you must go outside into the Terminal to eat at any place you can find to sit. I asked what was going on and why they are not allowing any food to be eaten in the lounge and they claim they are considered a restaurant and all dining in restaurants has been banned. There are no restaurants open in the terminals only take-aways with sandwiches and pastries.

That has been the case all through our lockdown.

Although numbers are trending downwards, the lockdown rules for restaurants have not yet changed.

bobhope2 May 11, 2021 11:05 am

It's still closed and has been for several months.

No clue on if it will reopen from next week.
​​

FlyerTalker324193 May 12, 2021 1:46 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 33228112)
Eating and drinking while seated in the lounge has resumed in MUC this week. The offerings remain meagre.

So a German colleague told me still no food and drink allowed in the FRA lounges. The explanation he gave was that FRA is still restricted by 'emergency brake' rules while MUC wasn't. I guess that means there are more covid cases in FRA which puts them in a higher risk/restrictions category.

oliver2002 May 12, 2021 2:04 am

The county of Erding (where MUC is located) has incidence values below 100 now, which allows restaurants to open again with limited service.

flyingrohit May 12, 2021 2:12 am

Why is there a sudden pullback of offerings at the US locations like IAD or EWR. As far as I know VA nor NY isn't seeing a sudden covid surge that would cause a rollback in offerings. Is there something else going on?

lamphs May 12, 2021 3:03 am

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33245158)
Why is there a sudden pullback of offerings at the US locations like IAD or EWR. As far as I know VA nor NY isn't seeing a sudden covid surge that would cause a rollback in offerings. Is there something else going on?

Must be LH-related as the UA lounge seems to be operating at a new normal - pre-packaged food and bar open. And as I stated, the AF lounge was very functional. You may need to wander to the UA lounge for your layover. (I am local and restaurants are open for indoor dining for the most part.)

oliver2002 May 12, 2021 3:10 am

Very strange especially since they opened the JFK lounge recently. Also with Oreos and water, but still...

flyingrohit May 12, 2021 3:27 am

Originally Posted by lamphs (Post 33245196)
Must be LH-related as the UA lounge seems to be operating at a new normal - pre-packaged food and bar open. And as I stated, the AF lounge was very functional. You may need to wander to the UA lounge for your layover. (I am local and restaurants are open for indoor dining for the most part.)

I'm flying UA tcon but I was trying to avoid the clubs since it seemed a few weeks ago that TK and LH had more substantial options (and the United concourse at IAD are dreadful imo), but I guess I might pop into TK, then see if LH is the same as what is is now and if it is, just walk out and head over to the C/D gates.

I would've done AF but I don't have PP right now, might get a card that gives one when my travel picks up more substantially should that ever happen in the near future.

Forrest Bump May 14, 2021 8:04 am

Not sure if it was pointed out already but in MUC lounge only FFP2 masks are allowed.