FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2020608-covid-19-lufthansa-lounges-reopening-status.html)

oliver2002 Mar 21, 2021 9:50 am

Although the lounge in FRA & MUC are just waiting areas, they are rather popular. Today and a week ago the FRA SEN & C lounges were packed with nearly all seats taken. Nearly all (80+%) leaving pax take a tea/coffee and the to-go bag.

NickRivas Mar 21, 2021 10:29 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 33116039)
Although the lounge in FRA & MUC are just waiting areas, they are rather popular. Today and a week ago the FRA SEN & C lounges were packed with nearly all seats taken. Nearly all (80+%) leaving pax take a tea/coffee and the to-go bag.

I’d still pass through and wait there for sure, and I’m overall happy the onboard service is still good. Just do miss the actual full lounge experience but hopefully later this years things change :)

cesco.g Mar 21, 2021 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by NickRivas (Post 33116121)
I’d still pass through and wait there for sure, and I’m overall happy the onboard service is still good. Just do miss the actual full lounge experience but hopefully later this years things change :)

The saving grace indeed!!!

JFSV Mar 22, 2021 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 33116039)

Indeed. The business lounge at FRA near A15 was crazy packed last week Thursday around noon, no seats.

Atuchan Mar 24, 2021 7:59 pm

Any news about when would BRU lounges begin to open up? I am planning to restart my travel after mid May but the itinerary shows 7 hrs layover at Brussels... It would be nice to be able to sit down somewhere more comfortably for that long duration.

ISTFlyer Mar 28, 2021 2:19 am

In the LH SEN Lounge in B at the moment, no difference than my previous report a few days ago except that the Turkey pretzel sandwich is now replaced by a red cabbage sandwich.
Although no food & drinks being allowed to be consumed in the lounge, I've noticed a couple of people violating this.

ISTFlyer Mar 28, 2021 2:44 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 33132138)
Do you know until when? I have another F trip passing FRA april 20 and then again 28, would be nice if this nonsense is over ;)

You might have a slight chance by then but don't keep hopes high.
By the way, the Business Lounge in A13 is now open from the morning till the evening rather than only the mornings.

747jetter Mar 29, 2021 10:46 am

Not exactly Lufthansa lounge but I’m flying mid April BCN-VIE on OS in Y as star gold. Last time in February flying LH to FRA I was denied access to the lounge as LH doesn’t pay for it, nor for its biz pax.

anything has changed with lounge entry in BCN? We have around 12 hours connection (yes..) and if they only let J pax in I would gladly paid that 65€ for upgrade to biz (if for gold is prohibited).

FlyerLX Mar 29, 2021 11:49 am

Originally Posted by 747jetter (Post 33135277)
I’m flying mid April BCN-VIE

Pre-Covid it was called the AENA lounge which I guess is the state airport authority... You wouldn’t expect much from that but even so it was pretty crap and antiquated- too full plus very limited food and drink served up by sour staff. Worst of all, they had an annoying rule that you were not allowed in more than 2 hours before departure. Definitely not worth paying a cent for IMHO, although of course that’s exactly what these monopolist state bodies want- they want you to go and spend money instead in overpriced bars and restaurants, which I refuse to do.

747jetter Mar 29, 2021 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerLX (Post 33135434)
Pre-Covid it was called the AENA lounge which I guess is the state airport authority... You wouldn’t expect much from that but even so it was pretty crap and antiquated- too full plus very limited food and drink served up by sour staff. Worst of all, they had an annoying rule that you were not allowed in more than 2 hours before departure. Definitely not worth paying a cent for IMHO, although of course that’s exactly what these monopolist state bodies want- they want you to go and spend money instead in overpriced bars and restaurants, which I refuse to do.

Well right now the lounge is refurbished, I was there about 4-5 hours with AF J ticket also in February and it was the best Covid lounge I have seen. It is called Pau Casais. From the receptionist I also got to know about LH entry situation and something tells me it must be the same for LH & OS..I will ask on Thursday as I am flying again to CDG in AF J...didnt think about it before I wrote the post..

ISTFlyer Mar 31, 2021 2:16 pm

The Lufthansa website is accurate in terms of contract lounges and unfortunately Lufthansa doesn't contract the AENA Lounge, nor another lounge in BCN at the moment for their passengers.

dcmike Apr 1, 2021 10:31 am

Pau Casals is also a Priority Pass lounge, if that helps you out at all - although I just read, they will only admit you three hours prior to departure with PP.

FlyerLX Apr 1, 2021 11:08 am

I'm glad to hear that the previously extraordinarily disappointing BCN lounge has been improved in some way. I apologise if I was wrong to say it's called AENA if I should have said it's called Pau Casals and has / had a big AENA sign at the front. To be honest it seems a small detail- a more important point is that it was crap and I don't apologise for saying that.

RedChili Apr 1, 2021 4:39 pm

According to the Star Alliance lounge finder, there are five contract lounges in BCN: Colomer, Joan Miró, MIRO, Pau Casals, and Pau Casals VIP Lounge (Aena). However, the only airlines with a contact for these lounges are Croatia, United, Air China, LOT, Brussels, TAP, and Aegean. So, no lounge access for passengers of Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Turkish, and SAS.

fumje Apr 6, 2021 1:21 pm

Visited BOS lounge — food and drink limited to chips, cookies, water, juice. Coffee machine taped off.

I got there quite early and after having some oreos / perrier decided to go back out to the terminal and wander around. The agent was quite eager to ensure I knew I could board from the lounge and so should come back.