FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2020608-covid-19-lufthansa-lounges-reopening-status.html)

nufnuf77 Apr 6, 2021 1:25 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33132161)
You might have a slight chance by then but don't keep hopes high.
By the way, the Business Lounge in A13 is now open from the morning till the evening rather than only the mornings.

Thank you - i am not holding my breath, seems unlikely. Hoping my may trip to south america yields a lounge of F type

NickRivas Apr 20, 2021 1:15 am

Was at the business class lounge at EWR yesterday....plenty of seating space despite the lounge being small in general...I was flying OS to VIE but at the same time there was an A330 LH flight to FRA but the lounge was not super busy either (and J class on my flight was full btw).
They had small snacks like potato chips, cookies, nuts etc. To drink only water bottles, no soft drinks or anything else.
You can eat inside the lounge of course unlike in Germany

sw1x Apr 20, 2021 3:38 am

Originally Posted by NickRivas (Post 33190738)
[...]
You can eat inside the lounge of course unlike in Germany

No eating and drinking in domestic German lounges currently either.

flyingrohit Apr 21, 2021 5:26 pm

Hi all, had a quick question about the Senator lounge at IAD. On LH’s website it’s listed as closed on Wednesday’s and fridays but LH is operating daily flights to fra. So I was wondering is this information accurate or is that lounge indeed open every day to cater to LH passengers? Thanks very much!

Kleffen Apr 21, 2021 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33195504)
Hi all, had a quick question about the Senator lounge at IAD. On LH’s website it’s listed as closed on Wednesday’s and fridays but LH is operating daily flights to fra. So I was wondering is this information accurate or is that lounge indeed open every day to cater to LH passengers? Thanks very much!

regardless it’s probably better to head over to Turkish. Heard they have food and open bar, if you need any of that stuff

flyingrohit Apr 21, 2021 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by Kleffen (Post 33195821)
regardless it’s probably better to head over to Turkish. Heard they have food and open bar, if you need any of that stuff

What's the current status of that TK lounge? Pre pandemic I would always use TK over LH. But looking at recent pictures of people who have been through both it seems LH is putting more substantial food items than TK is (please correct me if I'm wrong). I saw pictures where TK just had yogurts, crackers, and boiled eggs whereas LH had sandwiches and salads. Unless things have changed now? thanks

ISTFlyer Apr 22, 2021 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Kleffen (Post 33195821)

The TK Lounge in IAD has full bar service available but limited food which are all pre-packaged ( chickpea salad, eggplants, vegetarian wrap, chocolate chip cookies, chips ). They don't offer their hot buffet which they offered pre-COVID.

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33195885)
What's the current status of that TK lounge? Pre pandemic I would always use TK over LH. But looking at recent pictures of people who have been through both it seems LH is putting more substantial food items than TK is (please correct me if I'm wrong). I saw pictures where TK just had yogurts, crackers, and boiled eggs whereas LH had sandwiches and salads. Unless things have changed now? thanks

I have visited both recently and they both have significantly reduced service. During the afternoon while the TK Lounge only had the items that I mentioned above, the LH Lounge only had chips, muesli bars and a cold pre-packaged chicken&caesar salad.

The yogurt, cracker and eggs should be the morning time offering of the TK Lounge.

SQLInjection Apr 22, 2021 10:45 am

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33196867)
The TK Lounge in IAD has full bar service available but limited food which are all pre-packaged ( chickpea salad, eggplants, vegetarian wrap, chocolate chip cookies, chips ). They don't offer their hot buffet which they offered pre-COVID.

I have visited both recently and they both have significantly reduced service. During the afternoon while the TK Lounge only had the items that I mentioned above, the LH Lounge only had chips, muesli bars and a cold pre-packaged chicken&caesar salad.

The yogurt, cracker and eggs should be the morning time offering of the TK Lounge.

Can confirm the TK lounge was like this at the end of March.

Can anyone confirm if the LH lounge still only has chips/bars/salads? I will be passing through in two weeks and *really* want their steak back.

flyingrohit Apr 22, 2021 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33196867)

Originally Posted by adind (Post 33197317)
Can confirm the TK lounge was like this at the end of March.

Can anyone confirm if the LH lounge still only has chips/bars/salads? I will be passing through in two weeks and *really* want their steak back.

Yeah these is why I was wondering how accurate that website info is that the LH lounge is closed on Wednesdays and Fridays. I can't imagine they would close a lounge on days where their own airline is operating out of there(yes I checked LH is operating on the days they claim that lounge is closed). Chicken caesar salads sound something sumptuous at least. Might want to pay a visit to both, but I suppose that depends on if LH will be open.

ISTFlyer Apr 22, 2021 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by flyingrohit (Post 33197836)
Yeah these is why I was wondering how accurate that website info is that the LH lounge is closed on Wednesdays and Fridays. I can't imagine they would close a lounge on days where their own airline is operating out of there(yes I checked LH is operating on the days they claim that lounge is closed). Chicken caesar salads sound something sumptuous at least. Might want to pay a visit to both, but I suppose that depends on if LH will be open.

The LH Lounge is opening 3-4 hours before the first LH Group departure ( LH,OS ) that day and closes after the last LH Group departure.
The website hours were not accurate during my visit as well. My LH flight last month was at 19:00 and the website stated that the lounge would close at 17:30, thus it remained open until my LH flight boarded.

By the way, it's not worth paying $49 for the TK Lounge or the LH Lounge.
Definitely not worth it for a dedicated seating area.

flyingrohit Apr 22, 2021 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by ISTFlyer (Post 33197852)
The LH Lounge is opening 3-4 hours before the first LH Group departure ( LH,OS ) that day and closes after the last LH Group departure.
The website hours were not accurate during my visit as well. My LH flight last month was at 19:00 and the website stated that the lounge would close at 17:30, thus it remained open until my LH flight boarded.

By the way, it's not worth paying $49 for the TK Lounge or the LH Lounge.
Definitely not worth it for a dedicated seating area.

ah no sorry, I wouldn't be paying to enter. My mistake when I said "pay a visit" I didn't mean it literally. I just use my UA gold to get in even when flying domestically. I'll assume for now that the website is wrong and that the lounge is actually open on all days that LH operates unless there's a data point out there suggesting otherwise. Usually i'd never bother with the LH lounge as TK has always been far tastier, but times have changed temporarily I guess.

oliver2002 Apr 28, 2021 12:38 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 32795050)
MXP & JFK will be closed due to low numbers (eg JFK only had 5-10 guests per day). FRA A26 may be next depending on the visitor numbers. ZRH & VIE are very low, LH is trying to avoid closures (and move to to contract lounge) like they had to do in March.

JFK reopened earlier this month.

gusd Apr 28, 2021 4:59 pm

I’ll be traveling from the USA and transiting in MUC to a non-Schengen destination. Any guesses if the Bundespolizei will let me visit the lounge in G (EU passport) on a ~3 hour connection?

oliver2002 Apr 28, 2021 11:08 pm

EU citizens will be allowed to go into the G concourse, but unless anything changes its not worth the effort... you just get to sit in the former C lounge area and collect a sandwich at the exit... :p

gusd Apr 29, 2021 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 33213135)
EU citizens will be allowed to go into the G concourse, but unless anything changes its not worth the effort... you just get to sit in the former C lounge area and collect a sandwich at the exit... :p

Thank you, Oliver. I presume there are no plans to open lounges in H by mid-May?