Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels Airlines. Anyone gotten a refund?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:41 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
I don't know how many people are handling manual refunds and if they are outsourcing the work. It's not just a press of a button considering the complexity of Amadeus, Farelogix and all other integrations coming from different markets. I'm guessing that there are so many requests, they just don't know where to start. Imagine an office flooded with paperwork...
Old Aug 4, 2020, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
I finally got an email from SN. This is about three weeks after disputing charge with CC (Chase Sapphire). Email said refund is coming. Flight was cancelled in March.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
I finally got an email from SN. This is about three weeks after disputing charge with CC (Chase Sapphire). Email said refund is coming. Flight was cancelled in March.
What exactly did the email say, if you don't mind me asking?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Refund request

Dear guest,

We are following up on your refund request with the reference number xxxxxxxxx.

Due to the extraordinary circumstances, we were not able to process your refund within the usual timeframe. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that this might have caused you.

Please be informed that we will reimburse you following amount of your unused journey:

208,20 EUR
We have now initiated the payment on:

your Visa Card with our payment reference xxxxxxxxxx
Please be advised that the payment is in progress and can take several working days before the amount is visible on your credit card statement or on your bank account.

For more details of your refund please see the table below.

Paid Refundable
xxxxxx
xxxxxxx MRS xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Basic fare 34,00 EUR 34,00 EUR
International surcharge 5,00 EUR 5,00 EUR
Airport Taxes 30,40 EUR 30,40 EUR
Subtotal 69,40 EUR 69,40 EUR
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx MR xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx MR xxxxxxxxxxxx
Totals
208,20 EUR
(*) Airline fees, optional payment charges and insurance fees not refundable

This document is proof of your reimbursement and can be used for any fiscal and legal purposes (e.g as a credit note/invoice for your company or as a proof for your Insurance Company). It is issued by Brussels Airlines NV/SA, Jaargetijdenlaan 100-102 Bus 30 - 1050 Brussel- Avenue des Saisons 100-102 Boîte 30 – 1050 Bruxelles - BTW/TVA BE0400.853.488. VAT Exemption following Art 41 §1 1°.

Further details regarding the applicable fare conditions can be consulted on: http://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-b...d/default.aspx

For more information please contact us via email at [email protected]. Please mention the reference number of your refund request.

Kind regards,

Brussels Airlines Refunds Department
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:49 am

Ahhhh a step ahead of mine then! Can I ask when your refund process / the cancellation began?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Flight was scheduled for MAR 24, cancelled maybe a week before that? I applied for refund right away. They originally sent me an email MAR 31 and said I would be refunded. Crickets until the email above. However, I did dispute the charge with Chase 3 weeks ago, as I was tired of waiting. Perhaps that pushed them to respond a bit sooner?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 4:53 am

Thanks
Old Aug 15, 2020, 4:20 am

I'm coming close to the deadline for chargebacks. I didn't want to start one given other posts for Lufthansa but I guess I have little choice now.
Old Aug 16, 2020, 9:11 am

Phoned about my refund, they said it is taking between one month and six weeks. When I pointed out it has been three months, they said I just need to wait and there is nothing they can do.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 1:28 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
Passenger Rights (Civil Aviation Authority in Belgium) has also confirmed that SN has started refunds and that they may take a while to process.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:42 am

I finally gave up and have started the chargeback process.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 4:50 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
This is just sad. Had bookings with 6 different airlines and received from all airlines a refund except from Brussels airlines, my "home carrier". The fact that 3 LCC were even more quick than main carriers is just questionable.

Proof that Brussels airlines is not worth being a Star alliance partner.
hugolover likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 8:48 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
After waiting almost two months I contacted Amex Belgium last week and provided copies of the refund confirmation emails from SN.
Amex credited the charges for the tickets in full to my account within two days.

I have received all requested refunds in full from other airlines and hotels without any need for reminders.

Last edited by tem123; Aug 28, 2020 at 9:04 am
Old Aug 29, 2020, 4:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
Originally Posted by tem123
After waiting almost two months I contacted Amex Belgium last week and provided copies of the refund confirmation emails from SN.
Amex credited the charges for the tickets in full to my account within two days.

I have received all requested refunds in full from other airlines and hotels without any need for reminders.
Thanks. Will do the same. Did you call or mail Amex? Can you share the email address if you solved this by mail?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 2:02 am

Programs: LH Sen, Hilton Diamond
You need to call to raise a claim and start the process:I called customer service in Brussels and explained the situation. Having found the original charge from Brussels Airlines, the claim was accepted and I was then given a reference number to send with all supporting documentation to [email protected] who replied as below:

Dear American Express Card member,
Thank you for your email. If you forward additional information related to an existing dispute case, we will add the documentation to your file. Please make sure to clearly mention your case reference.

We would like to inform you that new disputes by e-mail are not accepted.

Please inform our Customer Service by telephone in case there is a transaction you wish to dispute. You will immediately receive a file number once the Customer Service registers your request. Our Customer Service is available from Monday to Friday from 8.00 am to 8.00 pm and Saturday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm.

Two days later they sent a further email confirming that the disputed amount had been credited to my account.

I sent them copies of these emails:
Confirmation of flight and ticket
Notification of flight cancellation
Confirmation of refund which I had earlier requested by phone from Brussels Airlines

Hope this helps

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.