Brussels Airlines. Anyone gotten a refund?

Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Brussels Airlines. Anyone gotten a refund?

They have been by far the company that has taken the longest (for me). Still waiting for a flight that was cancelled in Mid-March. Just curious, how long they have taken for others?
Old Jun 21, 2020, 7:28 am

I think that there could be some threads (or at least one) about this in the Lufthansa forum. (Brussels Airlines is part of the LH group.)
Old Jun 21, 2020, 8:55 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming that you paid by credit card, why not simply initiate a chargeback? If you booked directly, the refund ought to have been initiated within 7 days, thus the third week in March.

In order to make this quick and easy, make certain that you submit your e-ticket receipt, the notice of cancellation, and your request for a refund as well as a note to the effect that you have not received it.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:21 am

I am still waiting for a refund for a flight they cancelled Mid March. I just started a charge back with my CC. I think 3 months is plenty of time for them to have refunded me.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 3:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by Bogwoppit
I am still waiting for a refund for a flight they cancelled Mid March. I just started a charge back with my CC. I think 3 months is plenty of time for them to have refunded me.
It is 83 days more than necessary.

EC 261/2004 requires that a refund be initiated within 7 days of your request.
Bogwoppit likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
It is 83 days more than necessary.

Agreed, luckily the amount they owe me is minimal, 36 EUR to be exact, so not panicking. They were the lowest amount on my very long list of companies to chase. But they will be refunding me, one way or another. I work in corporate events, so frankly I have nothing better to do right now but chase airlines.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 10:32 pm

But it's nonsense to expect that in the current circumstances.
Koby likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Presuming that you paid by credit card, why not simply initiate a chargeback? If you booked directly, the refund ought to have been initiated within 7 days, thus the third week in March.

In order to make this quick and easy, make certain that you submit your e-ticket receipt, the notice of cancellation, and your request for a refund as well as a note to the effect that you have not received it.
They say they will issue the refund, but have never done it. I bought this ticket back in November, so I don't think I could do a chargeback. Isn't there a 60 or 90 day limit after the charge hits your card?
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:23 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
The period for a chargeback starts once the airline has communicated the cancellation of the flight.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 10:16 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I have 2 times 1500 out since mid march, but purchased through TA
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:41 am

Refund applied for on 02 June. Confirmed by email. Still no refund and no timeline given.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
The period for a chargeback starts once the airline has communicated the cancellation of the flight.
Interesting, I did not realise there was a time period. I was worried about attempting a SN chargeback given people's experiences of chargebacks with LH and Swiss, but maybe I need to do it just before the deadline ends. Do you know what the chargeback period deadline is for MasterCard?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 6:11 am

The SN agent I spoke to on the phone today said they have not yet started refunding anyone's flights since March.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 7:48 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Same here - asked for refund for flight in march - no timeline given - no refund.

Same for other LH Group companies. They are effectively lying to people...
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by warakorn
I found this online:

However, Visa and Mastercard have confirmed that in the case of future-dated items, such as airline tickets or sport matches the 120 day time limit begins once you were due to receive the goods or service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.