Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels Airlines. Anyone gotten a refund?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
Thank you for the advice given earlier. Finally got around to calling Chase (Saphire Reserve) and agent put in a dispute for my flight. Time line:
18 NOV Charged ticket on SN for BRU-BCN for 24 MAR
20 MAR SN cancels flight
27 MAR I apply for refund online with SN. Email sent by SN confirming refund, no timeline given.
Tried to contact via twitter and email to ask about time lines, no response other than canned "we are too busy to do anything."
23 JUNE After waiting approx 3 months for them to get refunded, disputed charge with Chase. Will report back here if successful.

I have to say, SN out of QR, SQ, CX, AA, UA and even ticketmaster! has been the absolute worst to deal with.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 9:45 am

Has anyone tried the customer service complaint form on the SN website? Is it any use?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:10 pm

Programs: A3 *G & FB G
How do you even request a refund?
- Facebook: not responsive
- Contact service online: not responsive
then the best part, they have a FAQ which says "Requesting a refund is possible via our website only."
When you use the link they give, I have to fill in last name and PNR and what I get is "Sorry, we are unable to display your booking details."
Their IT is a joke. Do I really have to call to start the refund process?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Flying Blue Gold. Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Plat AMB, Radisson Gold, Marriott Gold
I had to resort to chargebacks with Amex. You can only request a refund by phone (if you can get through) and I was told that they weren't processing any right now (this was a couple of months ago, but things don't seem to have improved)
Old Jun 23, 2020, 3:51 pm

Phoning has been ok. I was on hold for 20 minutes today, but obviously got nowhere with the agent.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:42 pm

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
Originally Posted by Dan1113
Has anyone tried the customer service complaint form on the SN website? Is it any use?
Got an e-mail confirmation with a case no. but no follow-up.

Their main goal now is to stay alive and reach the end of this month. Nothing else matters. If Lufthansa decides to let it go bankrupt, we can all kiss our refunds goodbye.
Old Jun 24, 2020, 6:20 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyvinci
Got an e-mail confirmation with a case no. but no follow-up.

Their main goal now is to stay alive and reach the end of this month. Nothing else matters. If Lufthansa decides to let it go bankrupt, we can all kiss our refunds goodbye.
I don’t believe this is true. If SN is insolvent and you have paid by credit card you are protected. This is certainly the case for Germany and the UK, I am not sure about other countries.
hugolover likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 12:20 am

Programs: QR Silver, AC Silver
Not in Belgium... not standard anyway. You could do a chargeback as most have done here. Most cancellation insurances have exemptions and insolvency is one of them. If you have paid via Bancontact / Maestro (where the money is deducted immediately), you won't see it back.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Dan1113
Yes. Automatic response with a case number saying a representative would contact me which they did, after fourteen days via email.
It was in response to two flights that were cancelled by Brussels Airlines. First response was the standard offer on their webpage, value of your ticket for future travel, make a new reservation, voucher with the fifty euro incentive, choose another destination etc. This was totally unacceptable for us as we live on the other side of the world and could not envisage us returning to Europe in the foreseeable future. Their follow up email stated that we had been placed in their refund system and money would be returned to the card the booking was made with. They did state that it could not be processed within the normal time frame due to the current covid crisis. This is still early days for us so can only hope for the best. Also this was the only way l could get a response from them . Tried other ways, all unsuccessful.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:52 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog
How do you even request a refund?
- Facebook: not responsive
- Contact service online: not responsive
then the best part, they have a FAQ which says "Requesting a refund is possible via our website only."
When you use the link they give, I have to fill in last name and PNR and what I get is "Sorry, we are unable to display your booking details."
Their IT is a joke. Do I really have to call to start the refund process?
I got the same error when I tried the online refund form. When I call their German number (English language), my call disconnects as soon as I choose the option of already booked ticket. God knows how to approach them!

When I emailed them, I received the response that "we have decided to put all our resources on our 2 main service channels: our Call Center and our Social Media channels (Facebook and Twitter). This means that we will no longer be able to answer you via email."
On twitter, they just keep saying that they can't process the bookings over twitter and we should call them or use their online form.

They responded on twitter stating that customer care phone is the only way.

Last edited by krishansy; Jun 25, 2020 at 5:43 am
Old Jun 25, 2020, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by IONA2019
Yes. Automatic response with a case number saying a representative would contact me which they did, after fourteen days via email.
It was in response to two flights that were cancelled by Brussels Airlines. First response was the standard offer on their webpage, value of your ticket for future travel, make a new reservation, voucher with the fifty euro incentive, choose another destination etc. This was totally unacceptable for us as we live on the other side of the world and could not envisage us returning to Europe in the foreseeable future. Their follow up email stated that we had been placed in their refund system and money would be returned to the card the booking was made with. They did state that it could not be processed within the normal time frame due to the current covid crisis. This is still early days for us so can only hope for the best. Also this was the only way l could get a response from them . Tried other ways, all unsuccessful.
Which form is this? Is it the refund form? If not, would you be able to provide me with the link? Thank you.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 5:14 am

Not the refund form , Same thing happened to me as you. Go to the contact page and choose complaints about your flight. You will see " voice a concern" and go through all the options. You will find it there unless page has been removed.
krishansy likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by IONA2019
Not the refund form , Same thing happened to me as you. Go to the contact page and choose complaints about your flight. You will see " voice a concern" and go through all the options. You will find it there unless page has been removed.
Thanks a ton!
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:21 am

Programs: Miles and More FTL; Miles and Bonus *G; Emirates
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
They say they will issue the refund, but have never done it. I bought this ticket back in November, so I don't think I could do a chargeback. Isn't there a 60 or 90 day limit after the charge hits your card?
chargeback period is 120 days from the date you were meant to receive the service.
Old Jun 25, 2020, 8:49 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Simply submit the refund form. Screenshot before you submit and, if it errors out, screenshot that. A quick and successful chargeback is generally centered on documenting what you paid for, that it was cancelled, that you requested a refund and that you were refused or one was not initiated within 7 days (in the case of a ticket covered by EC 261/2004 or US DOT rules).

Thus submit those four documents with your chargeback, in writing, and the completed package makes for easy processing by your card issuer (bank).

Delay works against you. There is no reason to wait once the 7 days have elapsed, there is no reason to waste time on the phone, and there is no reason to try to get faulty ITto work.

https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-...d/default.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.