Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH fleet after restart

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2020, 7:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The B789 and new A359 will come in/after 2023, so the above was the plan on how to weather the covid downturn anyway. I can imagine the A330/343 are kept as a flexible reserve to serve routes that are thin on off days or just in general, like AUS/PTY/BOG etc.
Old May 27, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The B789 and new A359 will come in/after 2023, so the above was the plan on how to weather the covid downturn anyway. I can imagine the A330/343 are kept as a flexible reserve to serve routes that are thin on off days or just in general, like AUS/PTY/BOG etc.
Nooooooooooooo
I need F for an award next year for BOG.
A330 probably not possible due to altitude (2600m)
Old May 27, 2020, 12:06 pm

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by lefrid
Nooooooooooooo
I need F for an award next year for BOG.
A330 probably not possible due to altitude (2600m)
I have also F tickets to BOG for autumn. So I also hope, they will manage to operate it with F capable a/c.
Or reroute via GRU or etc.
Old May 27, 2020, 1:56 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
A343 can manage nicely to BOG.
Old May 28, 2020, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Raul_R
Or reroute via GRU or etc.
My Colombia trip this summer is down the drain now. Colombia is closed for all international flights until 31 Aug. Still my flights on LH543/543 to/from BOG are not cancelled in the reservation. It seems that at some stage I will have cancel/rebook/take a voucher etc.

A word of caution in respect to entering Colombia from Brazil. Unless you have a transit in Brazil only, you will be required to show proof of yellow fever vaccination when you check-in at GRU, GIG etc for your Colombia bound flight. Many reports of pax being denied boarding at GRU because either no yellow fever vaccination or no proof of vaccination. Please note that this is only relevant for non-Colombian citizens and flights from Brazil til Colombia - from (most) other countries you can enter Colombia without yellow fever vaccination.

OT: Everyone can get a yellow fever vaccination for free at BOG airport (landside) - but obviously, that will not help anyone at the check-in counters in Brazil being refused to board because of no yellow fever vaccination.
Old May 28, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
Originally Posted by SK AAR
My Colombia trip this summer is down the drain now. Colombia is closed for all international flights until 31 Aug. Still my flights on LH543/543 to/from BOG are not cancelled in the reservation. It seems that at some stage I will have cancel/rebook/take a voucher etc.

A word of caution in respect to entering Colombia from Brazil. Unless you have a transit in Brazil only, you will be required to show proof of yellow fever vaccination when you check-in at GRU, GIG etc for your Colombia bound flight. Many reports of pax being denied boarding at GRU because either no yellow fever vaccination or no proof of vaccination. Please note that this is only relevant for non-Colombian citizens and flights from Brazil til Colombia - from (most) other countries you can enter Colombia without yellow fever vaccination.

OT: Everyone can get a yellow fever vaccination for free at BOG airport (landside) - but obviously, that will not help anyone at the check-in counters in Brazil being refused to board because of no yellow fever vaccination.
Why not get that yellow fever vaccination already at home?
I have it and no problem. It is clearly marked on vaccination passport and I am sure it is enough also in GRU
Old May 28, 2020, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Raul_R
I have it and no problem. It is clearly marked on vaccination passport and I am sure it is enough also in GRU
It certainly is. But the fact is that still many travllers don't have yellow fever vaccination (also because you need to pay for it outside Colombia). I didn't have it until I arrived Colombia and last summer at GRU for check-in with AV to BOG it turned out to be very lucky that I brought my yellow vaccination booklet. I have never used it before but on this day if helped me to get on the flight - I witnessed other non-Colombian pax being refused check-in because of no yellow fever vaccination proof - rumors were that the flight was badly oversold !

Last edited by SK AAR; May 28, 2020 at 10:16 am
Old May 28, 2020, 2:04 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Also note that I had a 6 hour connection in GRU and they said they can’t be certain I didn’t leave the airport so I had to show my vaccination certificate.

luckily I always keep it with my passport when I travel...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.