Search

LH refund confirmation email query

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:33 am
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
LH refund confirmation email query

Mods please move this thread if I have posted in the wrong location.

I had a LH ticket which I purchased last year for travel in 2 week time: LHR-MUC-DRS-FRA-LHR in Economy Light. Yesterday, LH cancelled the outbound flights and there was a 'refund' button on the flight details webpage once I logged in with the booking code. I went through the online steps through the sequence of webpages to ensure the refund. I have since recieved an email from LH but there is not mention of the the word 'refund' or cost coming back to my credit card. I have logged back into the flight details webpage and the 'refund' button is not there anymore - I assume because I have been through the refund process. There is no mention on the flight details page saying that the flight ticket has been nullified and a refund is in progress.

Is this usual by LH? This is the first time I have ever made an LH booking. My credit card does not yet show a refund is on the way back to me. Does it just take a few days since all airlines are very busy now. I would normally telephone an airline but due to the call centre overload then I know I will not get through. Can anybody illuminate me as to whether is this usual and I'll get the refund.

Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2020, 10:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did the email say?
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:15 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
Yesterday, LH cancelled the outbound flights
How have you been notified of the cancellation?

If the refund does not appear within one month, you can initiate a credit card chargeback - if you can prove the flight cancellation from Lufthansa.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:17 am
siw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
What did the email say?
It was titled Cancellation Acknowledgment and basically just listed the flights in the ticket, passenger names etc. No mention of refund or the ticket cost (amount to be refunded). Yet, I clicked on the refund button on the logged-in flight detailed webpage - that button did not say anything such as Cancellation or Rebooking etc. So I am wondering if LH have tricked me into cancelling the ticket - because LH cancelled the outbound flights - but they are not actually going to refund me.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 11:20 am
siw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
How have you been notified of the cancellation?

If the refund does not appear within one month, you can initiate a credit card chargeback - if you can prove the flight cancellation from Lufthansa.
If by notified you mean that LH email or messaged me, then no. I was not notified. I did not/do not have the LH app on my mobile phone. I just logged into the LH website to see my options and expecting only a rebooking option because the event I was going to attend in Dresden was recently cancelled. It was there that it stated the outbound flights were cancelled.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:09 pm

You should receive two mails: the first confirms your cancellation. The second will be the refund notice, but this will be sent a couple of days later. I would just wait a few more days.
andrew3000 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 12:34 pm
siw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by midnightflight
You should receive two mails: the first confirms your cancellation. The second will be the refund notice, but this will be sent a couple of days later. I would just wait a few more days.
Thank you very much for the information. Greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 18, 2020, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by siw
Thank you very much for the information. Greatly appreciated.
Do you know what amount you are being refunded? 50% or 100%?
Old Mar 19, 2020, 3:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
If by notified you mean that LH email or messaged me, then no. I was not notified.
​​​​​​​Gosh! You need to prove that LH cancelled the flight.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 9:39 am

Programs: LH FF*, A3, EK, CX
Originally Posted by siw
Mods please move this thread if I have posted in the wrong location.

I had a LH ticket which I purchased last year for travel in 2 week time: LHR-MUC-DRS-FRA-LHR in Economy Light. Yesterday, LH cancelled the outbound flights and there was a 'refund' button on the flight details webpage once I logged in with the booking code. I went through the online steps through the sequence of webpages to ensure the refund. I have since recieved an email from LH but there is not mention of the the word 'refund' or cost coming back to my credit card. I have logged back into the flight details webpage and the 'refund' button is not there anymore - I assume because I have been through the refund process. There is no mention on the flight details page saying that the flight ticket has been nullified and a refund is in progress.

Is this usual by LH? This is the first time I have ever made an LH booking. My credit card does not yet show a refund is on the way back to me. Does it just take a few days since all airlines are very busy now. I would normally telephone an airline but due to the call centre overload then I know I will not get through. Can anybody illuminate me as to whether is this usual and I'll get the refund.

Thanks
It should be fine. I do cancellation through SEN line due to flight cancelled. I'm going to be refunded 100%. Later I received email approved the cancellation, without any details of refund. The refund should be credicted within 7-10 working days, as told by operator.
siw likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2020, 10:27 am
siw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by viajandobarcelona
Do you know what amount you are being refunded? 50% or 100%?
100%
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:02 am
siw
Original Poster

Three days since getting the LH cancellation acknowledge email. Still not refund email or refund back to my credit card. Any idea how long LH usually take in refunding?

It did not take me more than 3 days to pay for the tickets - LH got my money instantly.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 8:06 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
LH has seven days to make a refund. Some banks may take some time to credit an account.

On the 8th day, I would notify my card issuer (bank) and initiate a chargeback. If indeed the refund is processed, you may always withdraw your chargeback.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 11:29 am
siw
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
LH has seven days to make a refund. Some banks may take some time to credit an account.

On the 8th day, I would notify my card issuer (bank) and initiate a chargeback. If indeed the refund is processed, you may always withdraw your chargeback.
I was hoping to get a refund confirmation email or see it added to the flight booking when logging into LH as proof of the refund is in process; 3 days and still nothing.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by siw
I was hoping to get a refund confirmation email or see it added to the flight booking when logging into LH as proof of the refund is in process; 3 days and still nothing.
If it's any consolation to you, I voluntarily cancelled two refundable N-fare tickets 13 days ago. One was refunded within 4-5 days (without any separate refund notice), the other is still pending a refund. I can only speculate that LH is processing these in some kind of priority queue. Both my tickets were for travel in early April.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.